Post: PS4 4.50 AND 4.55 Firmware Has Been Hacked by Qwertyoruiopz
04-19-2017, 01:34 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Previously on Prison Break Kappa, Luca had shared his WebKit Exploit which actually was a big impact to the PS4 Scene. Knowing that Sony screwed up updating the PS4 to 4.55, this actually made it get even better. Since the jsc features made exploitation easier, this meant the 4.5X firmwares were officially going bye bye. Fast forwarding to today, PS4 4.50 and 4.55 Firmware has been pwned by PS4/iOS Hacker You must login or register to view this content..

Now, here's the catch. He tweeted out stating to Zecoxao saying that it's taking a while to port the Kernel Exploit from the UID being 1 and not 0. If a Kernel Exploit combines with all this work being put thanks to his WebKit Exploit... there's a huge potential for a jailbreak and also piracy which I don't condone nor will talk about it here. Anyways, since we're extremely on a higher firmware, this could light up the scene with spoofing on online access and jailbreaking.

PS4 4.55 is confirmed vulnerable to both webkit rce & kernel lpe.

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 04-19-2017 at 06:06 PM.

The following 35 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Okami, Algebra, BaumHF1, Big_Buddha, danilo_BR, Dav3s, DEv_ShOoTz, Devious, Dog88Christian, EvilDevilReX, Fixed Username, Fleek Designs, GelsonSilva, gluesniffinpete, Grezinn, hibye3, Beats, iDontRte, ItzZ_Arsenaly, Je Modz, Kavi Modz, MrRsoul, Nana, NELUxP, Member35342235, Darth Saul, kankuro33, RF0oDxM0Dz, saeed19971, Shadow, STVBDKD, User343234, X-UNDEAD_NINJA2, xSOADx
04-20-2017, 06:05 PM #47
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
I'm no lawyer, but if Apple can't sue, why the fuck can Sony?

Probably because gaming consoles may not fall under whatever the rule is for iPhone hacking, or at least Sony has a way to sue around it that the court will have to deem whether they can or not which would require a court case trial.

Basically I believe they pushed geo into a position where he had to settle out of court because he couldn't cover the expenses to fight, and created him as an example. Idk what kind of financial position hes in, but i think there are many times companies settle outside, even though they know they may lose they rather settle than take a lose and have it become a roadblock in the future. Its fighting a battle youll lose, but you know the other person will lose more, so why not crrate a situation where both parties can partially beneifit. Sony setting an example to the community we will come after ypu, and geohotz not losing more money on legal fees. Apple cant sue because it started out as a court case that decided at the end they cant.

I dont think gaming consoles fall under the same rule as phones, they can use that as a basis in their defense in a court trial, and by the end they should win, but its a losing battle for the small guys, while doing something big for the community, they are buried in legal fees

That and also it may have just been because he released information that he wasn't supposed to release that maybe had basis for a lawsuit

If he wants to avoid that mess honestly, he'll just have to release it randomly through some other means without it being able to trace back to him. Because Sony will no doubt come after him
Last edited by Nitrowolf2 ; 04-20-2017 at 06:28 PM.

The following user thanked Nitrowolf2 for this useful post:

Frosty
04-20-2017, 07:00 PM #48
Originally posted by Nitrowolf2 View Post
Probably because gaming consoles may not fall under whatever the rule is for iPhone hacking, or at least Sony has a way to sue around it that the court will have to deem whether they can or not which would require a court case trial.

Basically I believe they pushed geo into a position where he had to settle out of court because he couldn't cover the expenses to fight, and created him as an example. Idk what kind of financial position hes in, but i think there are many times companies settle outside, even though they know they may lose they rather settle than take a lose and have it become a roadblock in the future. Its fighting a battle youll lose, but you know the other person will lose more, so why not crrate a situation where both parties can partially beneifit. Sony setting an example to the community we will come after ypu, and geohotz not losing more money on legal fees. Apple cant sue because it started out as a court case that decided at the end they cant.

I dont think gaming consoles fall under the same rule as phones, they can use that as a basis in their defense in a court trial, and by the end they should win, but its a losing battle for the small guys, while doing something big for the community, they are buried in legal fees

That and also it may have just been because he released information that he wasn't supposed to release that maybe had basis for a lawsuit

If he wants to avoid that mess honestly, he'll just have to release it randomly through some other means without it being able to trace back to him. Because Sony will no doubt come after him

If memory serves me correct there was a case where the DMCA found that jailbreaking a device (iPhone) would be useful for repairs as there's various options hidden under security that are blocked by default. But unlocking a device is different. That is actually illegal.

So that's the argument against gaming consoles. A jailbreak on a console is generally considered a form of unlocking it.
04-20-2017, 07:33 PM #49
Octolus
I defeated!
From what I'm aware, he did it for hes own benefit. So people expecting him to release anything, you'll be waiting till it's patched.
04-20-2017, 07:55 PM #50
if he doing for his own benefit then people need stop posting this lol
04-20-2017, 08:27 PM #51
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by nintendo1516 View Post
if he doing for his own benefit then people need stop posting this lol

No, you want me to stop posting these types of threads because you want a "release" so you could leech and screw up the PlayStation 4 for piracy or modding like every other person did previously. I'm actually on the same boat with RedEye.

Everyone does the complex work first to make things possible, then the other leechers jump right on, and leech free tools to start having fun to gain power on a game. More so, you mod to get money, aka, "services". I have no problem with those who create mod menus or tools, but those who leech everything are pure pathetic. Period.

The part I do here is to spread news to keep everyone hooked on the scene. When I first came here, the PS4 Mods and Cheats section had old threads. Starring from two-three months old. Only one or two members would view; same thing like the Xbox One Mods and Cheats.

Since this section is more active and (hoping) to motivate others to start working harder. That's the only thing that matters to me. Boasting, wanting fame, reputation, credits... none of that is special to me. Only thing that matters I'm hoping I help everyone from the best of my ability.
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 04-20-2017 at 10:48 PM.

The following 8 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

Okami, Algebra, klambo, Marco_Legend, nintendo1516, Nitrowolf2, Member35342235, X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
04-20-2017, 08:41 PM #52
Algebra
[move]mov eax, 69[/move]
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Previously on Prison Break Kappa, Luca had shared his WebKit Exploit which actually was a big impact to the PS4 Scene. Knowing that Sony screwed up updating the PS4 to 4.55, this actually made it get even better. Since the jsc features made exploitation easier, this meant the 4.5X firmwares were officially going bye bye. Fast forwarding to today, PS4 4.50 and 4.55 Firmware has been pwned by PS4/iOS Hacker You must login or register to view this content..

Now, here's the catch. He tweeted out stating to Zecoxao saying that it's taking a while to port the Kernel Exploit from the UID being 1 and not 0. If a Kernel Exploit combines with all this work being put thanks to his WebKit Exploit... there's a huge potential for a jailbreak and also piracy which I don't condone nor will talk about it here. Anyways, since we're extremely on a higher firmware, this could light up the scene with spoofing on online access and jailbreaking.

PS4 4.55 is confirmed vulnerable to both webkit rce & kernel lpe.

Thank you for sharing HighCroaking
04-22-2017, 05:38 PM #53
zundappchef
Vault dweller
nice post
and some nice work by qwerty

it kinda blows my mind that 1 person is so good at what he does that he walks circle`s around the best in the comunity

anyway thanks for posting this hydrogen u always bring the good news

getting into the leeching thing
i understand not releasing it as it protects the comunity from what happend on ps3
i myself wil not have the skill or optain the skills to go and do stuff with the ps4
only when people wil share knowledge on why and how certain stuff works wil i find a way to go and do some basic stuff
so as a comunity there needs to be sharing in order for other people to make stuff

not everyone is a red eye , kryptus , tustin , john , 2much4u
04-22-2017, 09:03 PM #54
RIP_MODZ_150
Pokemon Trainer
Fyi all of them guys got help to get to where they are but most of the top guys on this site are Hypocritical
04-22-2017, 09:45 PM #55
RIP_MODZ_150
Pokemon Trainer
Wasn't really pointed at him if it wasn't for 2much4you gta community would of died out long ago as for the people i am pointing this at they know who they are

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo