02-23-2013, 10:22 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Do you think they listened to people wanting this from early on when PS3 was released?

Do you think it will be implemented into the PS4?

I personally really hope so, the amount of account that people have used and then left accounts to go inactive is crazy, have you tried making a account for one of your friends? Its takes 20 minutes to even get a half decent name ( or a name choosen after your friend has become inpatient of trying), unless you want loads of numbers or extra characters before/after your chosen ID .

So Sony, Let us know...
Last edited by xLew-- ; 02-23-2013 at 11:14 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

.James, Forgive, Gabberhard,
02-24-2013, 10:45 AM #20
Hickey
League Champion
id like the change name idea, downside all these kids will have fanboy names,

worst that annoy me is sniper snipes, etc oh look his top gun aint a sniper, or mods probably aint modded shit
02-24-2013, 11:04 AM #21
It would be a great addition to the PS4, allowing us to change our usernames like the Xbox would be awesome. I think if Sony ever takes it under consideration they'll put a price of $20+ or something. It will definitely be a pain in the butt for them though. Also I reckon they should allow us to play music during our gaming, but I'm not sure about that. We don't want to totally copy the Xbox 360, but overall it would be a great feature if added! :satisfied:
02-24-2013, 11:24 AM #22
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
But with 8gb of ram they should have no problem doing it or even letting us use out skype would be cool.

hopefully!!

Originally posted by Hickey View Post
id like the change name idea, downside all these kids will have fanboy names,

worst that annoy me is sniper snipes, etc oh look his top gun aint a sniper, or mods probably aint modded shit

thats good, then it leaves the simple names to everyone else.

Originally posted by Machine View Post
It would be a great addition to the PS4, allowing us to change our usernames like the Xbox would be awesome. I think if Sony ever takes it under consideration they'll put a price of $20+ or something. It will definitely be a pain in the butt for them though. Also I reckon they should allow us to play music during our gaming, but I'm not sure about that. We don't want to totally copy the Xbox 360, but overall it would be a great feature if added! :satisfied:

our own music thats something thats slipped my mind for a while! but $20 for a name change im thinking about ÂŁ5 ÂŁ10 max if they do it
02-24-2013, 11:45 AM #23
Originally posted by xLew
hopefully!!

thats good, then it leaves the simple names to everyone else.

our own music thats something thats slipped my mind for a while! but $20 for a name change im thinking about ÂŁ5 ÂŁ10 max if they do it

Yeah that would be great, but if it's going to be so cheap it's also going to be a pain in the ass. I'm pretty there will be a majority amount of people who will constantly change their names. We dont want that happening. I think 20$ is fair.
02-24-2013, 11:50 AM #24
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Machine View Post
Yeah that would be great, but if it's going to be so cheap it's also going to be a pain in the ass. I'm pretty there will be a majority amount of people who will constantly change their names. We dont want that happening. I think 20$ is fair.

but who cares, its their account, you dont need to be their friends? even so you only click their profile and it brings up who they are if you need to check
02-24-2013, 02:48 PM #25
yes, changing your name would be a great feature, dont care if you have to pay though
02-24-2013, 10:17 PM #26
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by xLew
Do you think they listened to people wanting this from early on when PS3 was released?

Do you think it will be implemented into the PS4?

I personally really hope so, the amount of account that people have used and then left accounts to go inactive is crazy, have you tried making a account for one of your friends? Its takes 20 minutes to even get a half decent name ( or a name choosen after your friend has become inpatient of trying), unless you want loads of numbers or extra characters before/after your chosen ID .

So Sony, Let us know...

I've been wanting this to even just be included in games, like in the CoD series on PC you can type a display name in, that's how the online naming should be
02-26-2013, 12:07 AM #27
Immaculate.
< ^ > < ^ >
Hopefully this is implemented.
02-26-2013, 01:06 AM #28
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
I'd sure as hell love to keep my old username, with all my gaming history and what not, i wonder if friend lists carry over as well? Or is it a blank state when you get it altogether? Oh well lol.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo