03-03-2013, 04:02 AM #1
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); A while ago i made a poll asking weather games like gta v or destiny will suffer graphically.
It just dawned on me that the xbox 360 uses a dvd whereas the 720 will use a blu ray disc.
Let’s break it down:
DVD that xbox uses: 7 GIGS
BLU RAY: 50 GIGS

If GTA is made on the xbox360 it WILL be 7 gigs max. Whereas they would be limiting themselves with how much they could put o the game.

We all know that the space on the disc doesn’t directly affect the graphics, but it does have a significant correlation in that when you dev for a deficient item and put it on a proficient item, it is still slightly deficient ie. Graphics card processor etc...
03-03-2013, 12:41 PM #2
NJN
I sat on your nachos
Rockstar made LA Noir 2 disc for Xbox. Xbox users may see a 2 disc GTA which would suck
03-03-2013, 01:54 PM #3
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
It will probably be a two or three disc game for the 360.
03-03-2013, 02:13 PM #4
xLew--
Former Staff
hopefully its like 5 disk for xbox, so use sony can get the most of of it. really annoys me that this game has been limited thanks to microsoft, hopefully it will change when the new xboxs start coming out with a better disk drives
03-03-2013, 02:47 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by C
A while ago i made a poll asking weather games like gta v or destiny will suffer graphically.
It just dawned on me that the xbox 360 uses a dvd whereas the 720 will use a blu ray disc.
Let’s break it down:
DVD that xbox uses: 7 GIGS
BLU RAY: 50 GIGS

If GTA is made on the xbox360 it WILL be 7 gigs max. Whereas they would be limiting themselves with how much they could put o the game.

We all know that the space on the disc doesn’t directly affect the graphics, but it does have a significant correlation in that when you dev for a deficient item and put it on a proficient item, it is still slightly deficient ie. Graphics card processor etc...

You do know that most PS3 games used 25Gb versions of the disc only a couple used 50Gb discs. When they used 50Gb discs it suffered from pretty slow reading times.
We don't know all the details of which console these games are being released so we don't know what is going on.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Keomo
03-03-2013, 03:18 PM #6
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ResistTheQ View Post
You do know that most PS3 games used 25Gb versions of the disc only a couple used 50Gb discs. When they used 50Gb discs it suffered from pretty slow reading times.
We don't know all the details of which console these games are being released so we don't know what is going on.

You clearly dont understand what i am talking about. Honestly i dont care how "big" the game is, it is good programming practice to keep your code as efficient and concise as possible, i am speaking of the correlation where the more advanced you make a console and you make it for an older less powerful product YOU MUST COMPENSATE for the deficiencies of the product.
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by C
You clearly dont understand what i am talking about. Honestly i dont care how "big" the game is, it is good programming practice to keep your code as efficient and concise as possible, i am speaking of the correlation where the more advanced you make a console and you make it for an older less powerful product YOU MUST COMPENSATE for the deficiencies of the product.

Disc size is not that big of a deal. It more the hardware the PS3 is running which is most likely going to cause problems vs the xbox 360 version PS4 and new xbox. You can also cut content out which was the case for PS2 games also released on the PS3.
I would be more worried about the fact the PS3 uses a weaker GPU/complex CPU along with limited RAM over the xbox disc space. That is far more of a bottleneck.
Again we don't know which consoles the games are being released on yet.

You're right it going to suffer due to being released on 4 different platforms.
03-03-2013, 06:40 PM #8
You know there's this thing called a PS3 right?
03-03-2013, 10:22 PM #9
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by bamf526 View Post
You know there's this thing called a PS3 right?

YOU SIR ARE AN IDIOT.
Let me copy and paste my previous message
you clearly dont understand what i am talking about. Honestly i dont care how "big" the game is, it is good programming practice to keep your code as efficient and concise as possible, i am speaking of the correlation where the more advanced you make a console and you make it for an older less powerful product YOU MUST COMPENSATE for the deficiencies of the product.
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM #10
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by RTS View Post
discs it suffered from pretty slow reading times.

God of war 3, metal gear 4 and uncharted 3 use them and they load fast.

The following user thanked Dman93 for this useful post:

Kidd Cold

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo