03-27-2013, 10:28 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Straight from GDC, so its all confirmed!

-PS4 Friend Limit raised (no figure announced)

-Have the ability to enable people seeing your real name on the PS4. Auto-enabled if you import from another social network. (Can be turned off)

-All the PS4 streaming and sharing: that's on the hardware. Devs don't have to do anything special to their game

-PS4 Remote Play: Screens are mirrored on PS4/Vita (Both on at same time). Hardware does it, not devs. Start at any time; no special mode.

-About the PlayStation App. Login, buy game, PS4 starts downloading at home, you get home and start playing the part that's downloaded.

-PS4 will also charge controllers when it's off

-PS4 Controller colors are the Player Numbers: 1-Blue, 2-Red, 3-Green, 4-Pink (Like the symbol buttons)

-Camera has a dedicated port for the PS4 so it won't take up a USB port.

-User Interface gives you at a glance info about a game without loading it. See new DLC out, what friends are saying etc

- Core gamers are the primary focus. PS4 built around them.

- CPU: 64-bit x86 arch, low power consumption, low heat, 8 cores, 8 HW threads, 2MiB L2 cache per 4 core group, 32kib l1 I/D-cache

- PlayStation Shader Language, very similar to HLSL, allows featured BEYOND Direct X 11 and OpenGL 4.0

- GPU – Tessellation – adding geometric detail to smooth edges or create more organic shapes

- RAM – 8GB 256 bit GDDR5 (GDDR5 is very high end graphics memory only found on PC graphics cards)

- PS4 will have a “very large hard drive in every console.

- Debug your PS4 code as you would your PC code

- Speaker, headset jack and “extension port” on the PS4 controller

- Controller buttons are going back to digital over analog because no one used it on PS3

- PS4 Controller: 1920x900 resolution on the analog touchpad

- PS4 controller light bar can be used for muzzle flashes, health bars, etc.

- The PS4 Eye will enhance the PS4 user experience.” High sensitivity dual color cameras – 1280x800, 12 bits/pixel, 60Hz

I want one NOW!

The following 5 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon, Immaculate., Richard., Swifter, xShadow
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM #11
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Couple nice touchs Sony do listen it appears very good.

Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
I really can't imagine xbox having much more or anything that isn't on the ps4

If Sony can pull this off and get good first party support along with indie support. Competition with xbox is going to mean great things for us!
Sony has been lacking and MS has been able to get away with little to no first party support.
Should be good to watch it unfold Smile
03-29-2013, 03:17 AM #12
Plus Power
Do a barrel roll!
This is all amazing stuff. Thanks for the breakdown! I doubt I'll be getting a PS4 at launch, but I'm very excited!
03-29-2013, 11:39 AM #13
xLew--
Former Staff
excited isnt the word for me! i really want xbox to announce something to add even more hype and push sony into revealling even more.
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM #14
Nickolas47
Vault dweller
Great i will buy mine in Summer 2014
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM #15
what is analog exactly? never understand this part about the controller
04-03-2013, 08:52 PM #16
BAMF
Social Engineer
I don't think I saw cross game chats (whatever it's called).

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo