11-16-2013, 12:44 AM #1
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was hesitant about posting this article, due to a couple of comments in this thread, however some awesome PS3HaX members suggested i should :p
After all it is important to make people aware of the faults with release day consoles and other retails which had problems due to Firmware updates.also i read theres a new BLOD (blue light of death) that is causing some system's to be sent back for repairs.

IGN’s Retail PS4 Stops Outputting Via HDMI After A User Started Downloading From Netflix

Kotaku Has Problem With Their PS4 ( Faulty HDMI Port )

PS4 Purchaser illicit_28 has a DOA Machine From Wallmart

Klueso-007 With A Post On His Broken PS4 On The Official US PS Website

Dylx From NeoGaf With Bricked Console After Attempting To Update

WhosCalvin From twitter With A DOA machine From Taco Bell

Dan Thier From Forbes With A Faulty HDMI

arogon Posted On Reddit About His PS4 Problems With A Machine From Taco Bell
He Posts A Video On Wednesday That Sony Wont Fix The Problem Until Friday

RynoRocks With A faulty PS4 From Taco Bell

sepansk4 From YouTube With Graphics/HDMI Problem Which He Got From Taco Bell

coryclimaldi From Twitter With A Faulty PS4 From Taco Bell

schwabdizzle From Reddit Reporting Of A Very Loud PS4 When Playing With Disc

JanMarcGueits With PS4 Bought From Best Buy Has HDMI Problems

YouTube User seanmcc09 With Red Light Error After Trying To Update Firmware

You Can Find Numerous Errors Here On This Pastebin Link

PS3HaX Member DjKlown Having Display Issues

PS3HaX Member kiwikev77 With Over Heating Problems

Other Problems:
PSN Server Problems info from You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Mr Ruffers ; 11-16-2013 at 01:33 AM.

The following user thanked Mr Ruffers for this useful post:

webzy

The following 2 users groaned at Mr Ruffers for this awful post:

moinsher, Porter_Justice
11-16-2013, 05:29 PM #20
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
It just seems like the line of thinking like when you are too broke to go to a party or can't make it or weren't invite(lol) and you ask everyone how the party went and everytime they say, "it was wack" or "Man the cops arrested 5 people" smile on the inside because you're secretly hoping it sucked to justify not going.

Again if you're trying to convince yourselves it's worth waiting for then that's fine because there aren't MUST have games but hardware issues isn't a good enough excuse. Again if you didn't preorder you're not about to go to your local Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, etc and buy one today or anytime before Black Friday or Christmas anyway so why do the "quit before fired" thing?

Better question now would be is it worth paying ridicolously higher prices to get one of Ebay and to that I would say no it's not worth paying $600+

Originally posted by Kidd
Mine is broke... But, it worked out of the box; unlike the majority of other people on Amazon. I shut it down (all the way) and went to turn it on later and the light just pulses blue. Really sucks because you know it is going to take a long time for them to receive the system then ship it back.

Damn man that sucks. What were you doing besides that? I put mine in standby mode last night but I don't like that bright ass orange light being on all night so I was thinking about only leaving in standby when I know there is an update or DLC coming out that I would want to download remotely.

Sorry to hear that man. I also assumed the lightbar on the console was blue so everytime it's white I am afraid lol.
Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 11-16-2013 at 05:34 PM.

The following user thanked Porter_Justice for this useful post:

moinsher
11-16-2013, 05:32 PM #21
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
Listen you dumbfounded, ignorant children. There were how many units sold? Millions. Out of those millions, .4% had issues. You seriously think there wouldn't be any issues? You know what the next consoles are going to have? Not as many problems because 1: with something brand new, there is always a chance of issues.
2: you're stupid if by thinking you can wait, you won't miss out.
3: the problems always get fixed and with a 1 year manufactures warranty, who gives a flying fuck?

I'm sorry to see a lot of people 'holding out until later' because you think these systems are broken. My PS4 is flawless. It runs exceptionally well, and I have zero problems out of it since I've had it. And believe me, I've ran that bitch almost 24 hours straight.

Also, UPS or FED EX is probably responsible for most of the shipping problems. You can imagine how many shipments they had that day to do, so I'd be flying around like a mad fuck too.

So to everyone who keeps posting the same redundant bullshit about the PS4 being broken, my replies will be short and simple....

"You're stupid."

CANT AGREE ANY MORE, YES I WROTE THIS IN CAPiTALS.

I'll rep+ this later too.

Originally posted by xShadow View Post
I never said it was Sony's fault, however from what I heard the console doesn't have too much protection inside the box.

Oh my bad I though you was saying it was like everyone else assumes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

HomelandSec
11-16-2013, 05:57 PM #22
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by Justice View Post
It just seems like the line of thinking like when you are too broke to go to a party or can't make it or weren't invite(lol) and you ask everyone how the party went and everytime they say, "it was wack" or "Man the cops arrested 5 people" smile on the inside because you're secretly hoping it sucked to justify not going.

Again if you're trying to convince yourselves it's worth waiting for then that's fine because there aren't MUST have games but hardware issues isn't a good enough excuse. Again if you didn't preorder you're not about to go to your local Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, etc and buy one today or anytime before Black Friday or Christmas anyway so why do the "quit before fired" thing?

Better question now would be is it worth paying ridicolously higher prices to get one of Ebay and to that I would say no it's not worth paying $600+

Damn man that sucks. What were you doing besides that? I put mine in standby mode last night but I don't like that bright ass orange light being on all night so I was thinking about only leaving in standby when I know there is an update or DLC coming out that I would want to download remotely.

Sorry to hear that man. I also assumed the lightbar on the console was blue so everytime it's white I am afraid lol.

That was it... I got it, plugged everything in, did the update, downloaded BF4, played some Killzone and shut it down. Came back later turned it on and started playing some more killzone, shut it down, realized the remote wasn't charging turned it back on to put it in standby mode and the light was pulsing blue..

Short of sacrificing a chicken or a goat, I've done about everything I can to get it to work. I expected there to be problems with launch systems.. Just did expect it to be me, it has been a bad week/month already. I'm going to try to get in contact with someone at Sony to get a box sent to me.
11-16-2013, 06:02 PM #23
Fuskiee
Level 1 Trustworthy
Originally posted by xLew
Z

out of millions you only have these. yeah im cool id buy a few if i could with no worries.

failure rate is said to be 0.01% thats good enough for me. maybe if it was 20% or higher then it would be a cause of concern.

or over 46% like Microsoft usually delivers lol

BTW mine works perfect no probs at all thus far
11-16-2013, 06:23 PM #24
xLew--
Former Staff
That was it... I got it, plugged everything in, did the update, downloaded BF4, played some Killzone and shut it down. Came back later turned it on and started playing some more killzone, shut it down, realized the remote wasn't charging turned it back on to put it in standby mode and the light was pulsing blue..

Short of sacrificing a chicken or a goat, I've done about everything I can to get it to work. I expected there to be problems with launch systems.. Just did expect it to be me, it has been a bad week/month already. I'm going to try to get in contact with someone at Sony to get a box sent to me.

You must login or register to view this content.

if you havent already, this is a good starting place. although id contact the place you got it from and get a replacement, unless of course it was sony.
11-16-2013, 06:42 PM #25
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by xLew
You must login or register to view this content.

if you havent already, this is a good starting place. although id contact the place you got it from and get a replacement, unless of course it was sony.

Thanks man; All Amazon can do is offer refunds (unless something changes soon) and I'm still debating if that is the route I want to go.

I've attempted to use live support, gotten to 2nd in line and got kicked (**Twice**)
11-16-2013, 06:50 PM #26
xLew--
Former Staff
Thanks man; All Amazon can do is offer refunds (unless something changes soon) and I'm still debating if that is the route I want to go.

I've attempted to use live support, gotten to 2nd in line and got kicked (**Twice**)

call them up its probably better.
11-16-2013, 07:14 PM #27
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
Listen you dumbfounded, ignorant children. There were how many units sold? Millions. Out of those millions, .4% had issues. You seriously think there wouldn't be any issues? You know what the next consoles are going to have? Not as many problems because 1: with something brand new, there is always a chance of issues.
2: you're stupid if by thinking you can wait, you won't miss out.
3: the problems always get fixed and with a 1 year manufactures warranty, who gives a flying fuck?

I'm sorry to see a lot of people 'holding out until later' because you think these systems are broken. My PS4 is flawless. It runs exceptionally well, and I have zero problems out of it since I've had it. And believe me, I've ran that bitch almost 24 hours straight.

Also, UPS or FED EX is probably responsible for most of the shipping problems. You can imagine how many shipments they had that day to do, so I'd be flying around like a mad fuck too.

So to everyone who keeps posting the same redundant bullshit about the PS4 being broken, my replies will be short and simple....

"You're stupid."

you have only had it 5mins it mite over heat and lots of people are repoting blod on ps4 same as ps3 ylod on fat ..never good to get a 1st issue ..you're basically a beta tester paying with your money and headache
Last edited by Mr Ruffers ; 11-16-2013 at 07:19 PM.
11-16-2013, 09:29 PM #28
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by mr
you have only had it 5mins it mite over heat and lots of people are repoting blod on ps4 same as ps3 ylod on fat ..never good to get a 1st issue ..you're basically a beta tester paying with your money and headache

I seriously doubt a company as big as Sony with a chance to overtake console gaming market would send less quality product for early adopters to be "beta testers." Im sure getting a console shipped adds an additional small percentage of something going wrong but no way we're even remotely "beta testers."

Anything COULD go wrong human error or not but doesn't mean launch consoles are poor quality.

I remember seeing thread where aguy could not get his 3rd party HDD working amd questioned if it was the console instead obviously assuming it was HDD related especially if he may have been installing incorrecly. I doubt launch consoles have any relevant amount of failure rate than in 6 months.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo