01-04-2014, 12:01 AM #1
King Sosa
Error… Cat invasion!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hacker group DERP has once again resumed its DDoS attacks and has taken down a variety of new targets, including some really high-profile ones like the PlayStation Network, albeit for a limited time, and other Sony Online Entertainment multiplayer games, like PlanetSide 2 or DC Universe Online.

Right before the end of 2013, a brand new group of hackers appeared online, in the form of DERP, which started targeting a single popular gamer by taking down all his favorite online titles, including League of Legends, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and much more.

Now, after a few days of inactivity, the group is back in action and started targeting PlanetSide 2. Unfortunately, the Sony-published online shooter shared servers with other titles like DC Universe Online, Free Realms, or Everquest. As such, these games were also taken down.

What's more, another collateral target soon emerged, as Sony's PlayStation Network also went offline, rather briefly, according to the Twitter account of the group.

As of yet, it's unclear just why DERP is perpetrating these attacks.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked King Sosa for this useful post:

GrandTheftAutoV
01-04-2014, 12:11 AM #2
Jango
I love my kitteh
Originally posted by King
Hacker group DERP has once again resumed its DDoS attacks and has taken down a variety of new targets, including some really high-profile ones like the PlayStation Network, albeit for a limited time, and other Sony Online Entertainment multiplayer games, like PlanetSide 2 or DC Universe Online.

Right before the end of 2013, a brand new group of hackers appeared online, in the form of DERP, which started targeting a single popular gamer by taking down all his favorite online titles, including League of Legends, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and much more.

Now, after a few days of inactivity, the group is back in action and started targeting PlanetSide 2. Unfortunately, the Sony-published online shooter shared servers with other titles like DC Universe Online, Free Realms, or Everquest. As such, these games were also taken down.

What's more, another collateral target soon emerged, as Sony's PlayStation Network also went offline, rather briefly, according to the Twitter account of the group.

As of yet, it's unclear just why DERP is perpetrating these attacks.

The ngu article said that they just ment to take down PlanetSide 2 but took down psn on accident or something. Not sure how reliable that is though.
01-04-2014, 12:20 AM #3
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
it was posted here like 4 hrs ago You must login or register to view this content.
01-04-2014, 01:07 AM #4
DERP team?
01-04-2014, 01:14 AM #5
Alt
Banned
Derp derp derp.
01-04-2014, 04:09 AM #6
Dank
Not Former Staff
They're doing it for teh lulz, but seriously. They also take requests.
01-04-2014, 05:06 AM #7
Mr.Azoz
I’m too L33T
DERP DERP
01-04-2014, 05:09 AM #8
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
They hijacked wallmart machines and crap. These people are real hackers right here.
Anyways, they need to take activi$ion down

The following 3 users say thank you to Joel for this useful post:

GrandTheftAutoV, HUYI82, jesse13042
01-04-2014, 05:16 AM #9
Coqui
Former Staff
DDoS =/= hacking. I don't support what they do and I think they're just attention whores.

The following 2 users say thank you to Coqui for this useful post:

Fatpabs, warman_94
01-04-2014, 11:01 AM #10
xLew--
Former Staff
oh here we go again ffs i dont see why people do target banks or stocks and make everyone rich so theres more balance in the world.

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

Fatpabs

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo