01-27-2014, 05:01 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was deeply annoyed at finding out Studio Liverpool was to be shut down, however some good news has been found.
You know playroom?
The people behind it are 20 ex studio Liverpool employers. Not sure the scale of work they did on Wipeout which is one of the studios best known IPs.
Hope a Wipeout game is in the works along with something cool from Firesprite is coming. Sawfly Studios is another studio house which came from the ash of Liverpool.
Currently unknown what project, both are working on.

Unknown how many people are currently working for the above studios or what projects are in the pipeline.
Given how Sony stated they wanted the studio working on something else it appears the studio was not killed off with the talent.
01-27-2014, 05:59 PM #2
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
I was deeply annoyed at finding out Studio Liverpool was to be shut down, however some good news has been found.
You know playroom?
The people behind it are 20 ex studio Liverpool employers. Not sure the scale of work they did on Wipeout which is one of the studios best known IPs.
Hope a Wipeout game is in the works along with something cool from Firesprite is coming. Sawfly Studios is another studio house which came from the ash of Liverpool.
Currently unknown what project, both are working on.

Unknown how many people are currently working for the above studios or what projects are in the pipeline.
Given how Sony stated they wanted the studio working on something else it appears the studio was not killed off with the talent.

Did you read about that in the recent Playstation Magazine?
01-27-2014, 06:23 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by jedt View Post
Did you read about that in the recent Playstation Magazine?

Na I was doing some searching how playroom was created and found it out Smile
Not picked up a copy of that mag in years!
01-27-2014, 07:03 PM #4
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
Na I was doing some searching how playroom was created and found it out Smile
Not picked up a copy of that mag in years!

Ah shame, there is a very similar article in the latest copy of the magazine which incidentally has an article written by my wife about me and gaming, thought you might've had a copy and I could've given the page number!
01-27-2014, 07:12 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by jedt View Post
Ah shame, there is a very similar article in the latest copy of the magazine which incidentally has an article written by my wife about me and gaming, thought you might've had a copy and I could've given the page number!

I have to go find a copy now Smile

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

jedt
01-27-2014, 08:05 PM #6
jedt
NGU's #1 Plat Provider!
I have to go find a copy now Smile

Haha its the latest edition (Feb'14) and the article is the first one in the opinion page, the missus gets to slag me publicly about buying the PS4 and playing online!

The following user thanked jedt for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
01-29-2014, 04:20 PM #7
Where do you buy PlayStation mag in the UK? I hvnt seen them before. :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo