Post: Sony "Not Sleeping at the Job" with PS4 Firmware Upgrades; "Good stuff is coming
02-02-2014, 08:40 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well known industry insider Ahsan Rasheed, also known on NeoGAF and Twitter as Thuway, has a quite good track record with his sources, and today You must login or register to view this content. what he heard about Sony Computer Entertainment’s work on the PS4′s firmware:

Good stuff is on the horizon. The hardware front has shifted focus to PS Now, I don’t know much about the state of firmware updates on PS4.

I’ve heard Sony is listening and there is a laundry list of items in store for future firmware updates. No one is sleeping at the job.

There is a lot on the plate from PlayStation Now launching, headset compatibility, better bluray/audio support, etc.

That’s pretty reassuring to hear. While the launch of the PS4 was very successful, it’s true that there are quite a few issues here and there that could benefit from further improvement.
Hopefully the focus won’t be too firmly set on PlayStation Now, allowing Sony Computer Entertainment to go through the “laundry list” fast enough.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Isaac Clarke, Modus
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Come on Sony, release it already :argh:
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM #3
Isaac Clarke
< ^ > < ^ >
thx for the info.
02-02-2014, 10:22 PM #4
I really hope in a future firmware update they make it so you can send a message with your friend request, like on the PS3.

It's kind of frustrating when I get friend requests but I'm not sure who the person is even though I might know them because they can't add a message to it.
02-02-2014, 11:41 PM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by xLew

There is a lot on the plate from PlayStation Now launching, headset compatibility, better bluray/audio support, etc.
[/INDENT]

You must login or register to view this content.

Sadly that's shit that should have been in there since day one. They aren't new to the hardware game and they've had 2 other consoles with some form of multi-media support not to mention headsets.
02-03-2014, 03:11 AM #6
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
the one thing i want is 3d playback. i hate putting a 3d movie in my ps3 when i have a ps4..
02-03-2014, 05:16 AM #7
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by Hondarydr View Post
I really hope in a future firmware update they make it so you can send a message with your friend request, like on the PS3.

It's kind of frustrating when I get friend requests but I'm not sure who the person is even though I might know them because they can't add a message to it.

That option is already there. Does it not work? I've sent messages with my friend requests...least I thought I did.
02-03-2014, 05:21 AM #8
Originally posted by Cryptic
That option is already there. Does it not work? I've sent messages with my friend requests...least I thought I did.

I just checked and I guess it is. I guess just no one sends a message with their friend request to me haha. My bad, I feel stupid now lol.

The following user thanked Hondarydr for this useful post:

Cryptic
02-03-2014, 01:05 PM #9
nay1995
The Master
pleaaaaaseeeeee remove hdcp encryption and allow backwards compatibility and the console is perfect :y:
02-03-2014, 06:24 PM #10
Originally posted by nay1995 View Post
pleaaaaaseeeeee remove hdcp encryption and allow backwards compatibility and the console is perfect :y:

They have already confirmed that they will remove HDCP in a future update. I don't ever see them bringing backwards compatibility though. That's what PlayStation Now was made for.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo