07-21-2015, 08:29 PM #1
iFruit
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So today I was scoping the web for a playstation 4

Noticed there was one for 110 pound with no controllers or games.

So I thought that's a pretty fair price as I would need to supply the extras .. So I email the guy (gumtree) and provide him with my phone number. He rings me off a unknown number and explains he is only a teenager and using his family's house phone so I believe him. Anyway he asks me to meet him in our local town centre (shopping mall) so I do meet him outside Argos lol the seller was the age of 13 so I didn't want to scare him to much I question him about the playstation asking if it has any faults or any thing I need to know . He promises me its all good and needs the money to buy a new phone so I hand the cash over . Go to cex and buy a new controller and destiny , drive home and plug it all in, it all turned on all fine so I start getting a bit excited get my gaming mode on. I go to sign in and BAM this console is banned error code ws-3733-4

Does anyone know how I can get this resolved

I have no way of contact with the seller , no numbers no names

I've searched online and apparently it's not the normal ban code so I'm not sure what to think.

Any advice. I'm 110 ($200) down and have a offline ps4 :( also spend 45 pound on the controller and 18 on destiny
08-03-2015, 09:59 AM #11
Maybe even day 1 restore the PS4. If it's not like the PS3, you'll be fine. I got my PS3 console banned, and restored; but it never got unbanned.
08-04-2015, 11:44 AM #12
You can get PS4's banned? What the hell did he do? =/
08-10-2015, 04:48 AM #13
The Dreamer
Space Ninja
yes he can if his account was banned on ps3 then transfering it to ps4 would ban it?
08-10-2015, 07:49 AM #14
Axtioch925
I am error
Get the police invoked and tell them you got scammed that he sold you a ps4 that cannot be used to online gaming it will take awhile but we'll worth it !
08-10-2015, 10:05 AM #15
Cee-Caw
Error… Cat invasion!
Oh , that really sucks. What an ass***le. Im sorry for 4NoNo
11-14-2015, 04:10 PM #16
Your going to have to call up Sony. Ask them how the ps4 was banned, your going to have to provide the serial number of the ps4. After that they will tell you. If it was a charge back then you will be able to unban that console by paying the price of the charge back. There are all sorts of ways of getting unbanned by calling Sony and this is what I did.
11-14-2015, 07:29 PM #17
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by iFruit View Post
So today I was scoping the web for a playstation 4

So I thought that's a pretty fair price as I would need to supply the extras .. So I email the guy (gumtree) and provide him with my phone number. He rings me off a unknown number and explains he is only a teenager and using his family's house phone so I believe him. Anyway he asks me to meet him in our local town centre (shopping mall) so I do meet him outside Argos lol the seller was the age of 13 so I didn't want to scare him to much I question him about the playstation asking if it has any faults or any thing I need to know . He promises me its all good and needs the money to buy a new phone so I hand the cash over . Go to cex and buy a new controller and destiny , drive home and plug it all in, it all turned on all fine so I start getting a bit excited get my gaming mode on. I go to sign in and BAM this console is banned error code ws-3733-4

I've searched online and apparently it's not the normal ban code so I'm not sure what to think.

Any advice. I'm 110 ($200) down and have a offline ps4 :( also spend 45 pound on the controller and 18 on destiny

well thats what u get for being a used playstation
11-14-2015, 08:31 PM #18
TehMerkMods
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by iFruit View Post
So today I was scoping the web for a playstation 4

I Mean I Give major props to the kid though, He played you for a fool.
But otherwise what a prick, How he got it banned idfk....
I Guess lesson learned though. always check everything before you buy it.

The following user thanked TehMerkMods for this useful post:

MessinBound
11-14-2015, 08:56 PM #19
twisted204WPG
Do a barrel roll!
maybe he tired jailbraking it or fucking with the software and got ban or anything he did online ppl reporting him call sony or go to website live rep will help tell them u got this ps4 and did nothing to get it ban and cant get online, and what that guy said lay it on thick if u have too if one rep dont help try get another rep u should find a nice one sooner or later to help you out im sure they can get it back online also maybe try restoring the ps4 to factory and put a new user/psn on there

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo