06-05-2010, 10:30 PM #1
X Lash
Samurai Poster
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay.

The user You must login or register to view this content. has scammed me. I bought a Runescape account off him on the 20/04/2010. The 20th of April. Roughly 6 weeks ago.

I paid $15 to him on the 20th of April. And the agreement was that I send him another $5 now, after seeing that the account will not get hacked. I did this simply as a precaution, so that I do not lose out on any more money, if it did get hacked back. As this has happened before in the past.

The original thread of him selling the account is You must login or register to view this content.. And on the 2nd of June he posted You must login or register to view this content..

As you can see on the pictures he has provided of the stats on the account. They are very similar, and none of them have gone down (impossible to do on the game, unless it is a different account). Many skills have gone up.

Older stat picture: You must login or register to view this content.
Newer stat picture: You must login or register to view this content.

Comparing the stats which he has not 'blocked out' you can see that the following stats stayed exactly the same:

Attack
Strength
Defence
Ranged
Prayer
Mage
Construction (all of the stats on the left hand side)
Health
Thieving
Fletching (the middle stats)
Smithing (you can see the two, on the right side(the last number of the skill) to get it up 10 levels would take a lot of time.)
Fishing
Cooking
Firemaking
Summoning (the stats on the right hand side)

The stats which increased very few levels are:
Herblore (by 2, you can do this in an hour)
Slayer (by 1, it was 20xp off, which is one kill, less than 10 seconds)
Woodcutting (up by 3)

The stats/things that changed a lot:
Mining (up 13 levels! This takes roughly 20hours)
The value of the account. It went from having 11.7million value (You must login or register to view this content.)
to having 36million value
(You must login or register to view this content.)
which is more than triple. Which I got through mining.

Seems quite similar, and easily obtainable in the 6 weeks time)

-IN ALL OF THE MSN CONVERSATIONS, I AM THE BLUE TEXT. HE IS EITHER BLACK, OR RED-

Proof that I had bought the account:

Him saying what PayPal account to send it to:
You must login or register to view this content.

The transaction detail through PayPal:
Uncensored versions will be sent to mods, as per request.

As you can see from the two pictures. I sent $15 to the email he requested the money to be sent to.

Him giving me the account details:

Him saying to me (the guy speaking like a Jamaican) what the account is called that he is selling (6th of June 2PM GMT time):

Him swearing on his nans grave that he will never take it back:
This isn't really as evidence. Just, to prove that he said he wouldn't take it back.

A picture of the stats somewhere in between. Proving that I did have the account during those 6 weeks.

If needed, I will upload the Windows Live Messenger (MSN) conversation, and post the MegaUpload link. But, to moderators only.

Thank you.

UPDATE: 92.4.18.225
Your IP, I have had it checked, and it is registered to your account.
Oh look what's that. You were the last person to go on the Runescape account.

Vid of me logging on, just in case you try denying it.
Download link: You must login or register to view this content.
Youtube link: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPRyxSf4EI[/ame]

and a picture of you saying that's the username, so you can tell what account I logged on with, so you can't deny and say it was me, or that i changed the pic.
Last edited by X Lash ; 06-09-2010 at 05:39 PM.
06-05-2010, 10:46 PM #2
Alright, I'm talking to him.
06-05-2010, 10:51 PM #3
X Lash
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by DirtyDudeOnline View Post
Alright, I'm talking to him.

Thanks Smile Glad to see that someone responds within 5mins =D Gives me faith in humanity.
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM #4
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
Hopefully I dont get in trouble for talking about this but since Ive scaped since I was a kid I have been scammed myself when buying an account only to find out the dude got it back, how? Lemme give my two cents then. First they can EASILY recover it via the registered IP and location. Now which one is a MACHINE going to believe? The EXACT IP address of the account registered, location address etc OR some details that are limited i.e. recovery questions which people can either....

1. SE(social engineer)
2. Guess(its not that hard)

Along with other methods and desperate explain to jagex its their account. You are more likely to recover a stolen pw than a forgotten one, why? If its reported stolen and then locked all they have to do is look at the hacker trying to get it back if he knows the original IP and the last location and IP of the player logged in do not match or report a change then they can see the logg records and give it BACK to the person they brought it from.

Not accusing anybody of ANYTHING just letting you know how its done as it happened to me. Used to be safer(in certain aspects) that there was NO IP recovery options etc.

Best of luck man and sorry that you got scammed.

The following user thanked bmxdude9 for this useful post:

06-06-2010, 08:50 PM #5
X Lash
Samurai Poster
Account has been given back. But, can still be taken back easily, due to the user knowing the email and recoveries, and they take 2 weeks to change. He has given me recovery details, but I am waiting to see if they work.
06-08-2010, 04:10 PM #6
-Garf-
G-A-R-F GARF2B THATS ME
Right, so you have the account back yes? Well I will close this until you know if they work, if it needs re-openign I will do it.

Thanks.

Garf.
06-09-2010, 04:39 PM #7
Sert
Al Capone, Jr.
Re-opened for further investigation....

The following user thanked Sert for this useful post:

06-09-2010, 04:44 PM #8
Tomes
Banned
Right then, i have not got this account, i bought this off my friend and he keeps rehacking it from Scorcher, ive already got you it back once & he is not gonna giv it back again as i have already badgered him for the last 2 hours. So there is no investigation to keep going.
06-09-2010, 04:58 PM #9
X Lash
Samurai Poster
Thanks Sert.

Yeah, basically, it has been hacked again. But according to Tomes, he hasn't hacked it. Last time he said that his 'Mate' hacked it. But, as Tomes was selling the account... yeah... hmmm?

Once again he is insisting that he hasn't hacked it, and that he doesn't know who hacked it. But, it would be impossible for anyone to hack it, other than him, as he has the original IP, the credit card which membership was bought with.

Originally posted by Tomes View Post
Right then, i have not got this account, i bought this off my friend and he keeps rehacking it from Scorcher, ive already got you it back once & he is not gonna giv it back again as i have already badgered him for the last 2 hours. So there is no investigation to keep going.

So, it is your fault that it got hacked. You insisted on MSN that your friend didn't hack it, and that you didn't have a clue who hacked it. Now you're saying it is your friend. As you insist it is not you, could I please have my $20 along with compensation because i spent 6 WEEKS on that account, which has all been completely wasted now?

EDIT:

Your IP, I have had it checked, and it is registered to your account.
Oh look what's that. You were the last person to go on the Runescape account.

Vid of me logging on, just in case you try denying it.
Download link: You must login or register to view this content.
Youtube link: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPRyxSf4EI[/ame]

and a picture of you saying that's the username, so you can tell what account I logged on with, so you can't deny and say it was me, or that i changed the pic.
Last edited by X Lash ; 06-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.
06-09-2010, 07:57 PM #10
-Garf-
G-A-R-F GARF2B THATS ME
Originally posted by Tomes View Post

You sold the account, therefore it is your responcibility.

Pay the $20 back to Scorcher and that will be the end of it. Don't pay him back and be prepared to face the actions that will follow (since it is a cash trade it will be a permanent ban).

Also you need to carefully select who you call "friends" in the future.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo