07-15-2010, 01:07 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The user You must login or register to view this content. has attempted to scam me. This is unsettling since he is on the level 1 tier of the You must login or register to view this content..

A few weeks ago, I sold the user 3m vBux for $18. Last night, the user attempted to reverse the transaction on PayPal due to 'unauthorised access of his account', this is proven to be false in reference to this transaction since I have a form of proof that he bought vBux from me. At first, I thought it was possible that PayPal may do this automatically once a user reports that he believes his account has been accessed by an unauthorised user.

Shortly after, I received an email which notified me that the user had requested this specific payment to be reversed. Paypal thoroughly investigated the situation but found no cause or evidence of anyone accessing his account. The money that was held was returned to me and no further action was taken either on paypal's behalf or on his. This took place when NGU was down (last night) so I couldn't take action sooner. Paypal asked me for proof that I had provided him with the goods he had purchased and while I couldn't since NGU was down it did not matter since Paypal resolved it late last night. Since PayPal has resolved the matter and no action was taken I am in no danger of losing any money.

Photo evidence is below:

For reference, I am James Darby and djwormy12 is Glenn Gardiner.

If you wish to confirm the email of [email][email protected][/email] as being djwormy12's then Paul tells me it is matched to his NGU account. His facebook account is also attached to NGU and the name of it is Glenn Gardiner.

First off, details of the transaction:
You must login or register to view this content.
This post is available to view in my vBux shop, a link is in my signature.

This is available to view in my vbPlaza history.

This post is available to view in the second page of my referrals thread accessible You must login or register to view this content.. Unfortunately, I performed the rest of the transaction in shoutbox PM and since then, the shoutbox has been coltzed.

Paypal's email notifications to me on the attempted reversal of the payment:

These emails are available in my inbox and I can forward them if wanted.

Screenshots from my paypal account:
Note the email address.

I must stress, I am in no danger since the refund was reversed.

EDIT: Added extra proof of the transaction from a post in my vBux shop and spaced images.

To sum it up:
I sell the user 3m vBux for 18$, the transaction appears to go smoothly.
Last night, the user attempts to reverse transaction.
Paypal denies the transaction reversal.
Last edited by RedKnight ; 07-15-2010 at 01:18 PM.
09-04-2010, 10:42 AM #20
Originally posted by djwormy12 View Post
ok gr8! I have an unverified 1 if that helps? Look here: You must login or register to view this content.

Well, extremely ideally you would call them, you'd be able to sort it out very easily and probably quite quickly, although I believe you can email them from this link - You must login or register to view this content.

Choose subject as 'Reversals', then choose 'Credit Card chargeback status', then type this in the one sentence summarisation of the problem: "I closed my account and it automatically requested money back from a valid transaction. I want him to get the money back that was taken away. How can I do this?"

Transaction ISad Awesome #0J167850VY034953J

Dispute ISad Awesome PP-001-034-141-107

That should work. If not, I'm going to need you to call them. Don't worry, they won't ask for your age and in any case your account is closed so they'll have to help you and won't be able to do anything. If PayPal find out you're under 18 they just lock your account until you're 18 when it is reopened.
09-04-2010, 10:45 AM #21
Originally posted by RedKnight View Post
Well, extremely ideally you would call them, you'd be able to sort it out very easily and probably quite quickly, although I believe you can email them from this link - You must login or register to view this content.

Choose subject as 'Reversals', then choose 'Credit Card chargeback status', then type this in the one sentence summarisation of the problem: "I closed my account and it automatically requested money back from a valid transaction. I want him to get the money back that was taken away. How can I do this?"

Transaction ISad Awesome #0J167850VY034953J

Dispute ISad Awesome PP-001-034-141-107

That should work. If not, I'm going to need you to call them. Don't worry, they won't ask for your age and in any case your account is closed so they'll have to help you and won't be able to do anything. If PayPal find out you're under 18 they just lock your account until you're 18 when it is reopened.

I need to sign in, i signed in on my other account i need a paypal account to email them
edit it doesn't let me It said this Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

I cant do it i need to do it on my old CLOSED account
Last edited by Ahsoka Tano ; 09-04-2010 at 10:53 AM.
09-04-2010, 10:57 AM #22
Originally posted by djwormy12 View Post
I need to sign in, i signed in on my other account i need a paypal account to email them
edit it doesn't let me It said this Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

I cant do it i need to do it on my old CLOSED account

Ah, okay, well go to Paypal.co.uk and click contact us at the bottom. Then you'll have the page. You'll probably need to be on your unverified account. I'll be posting on PayPal forums as well.
09-04-2010, 04:09 PM #23
It wont let me do it.
09-16-2010, 03:45 PM #24
Dispute resolved Smile :y:.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo