05-21-2012, 05:24 PM #1
OneWound
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Before I get flammed for saying that it's impossible, I want to know why. Is it because even if you put it in a new map pack or a current one, is the only thing stopping you is that you need to activate it? I want to hear various ideas because I think it would be cool to put custom maps on a PS3 or Xbox, if you had a jtagged xbox or jailbroken ps3. There are so many possibilities, why not try them?
04-13-2017, 04:41 PM #20
Originally posted by EpikGamer101 View Post
Hey, LISTEN! IT'S POSSIBLE! I HAVE A FEW MAPS! YOU HAVE TO GET A MOD MENU FOR WAW ON THE PS3 THEN IMPORT THE MAP WITH THE MOD MENU AND THEN ON MOD MENU USE CHANGE_MAP AND SELECT YOUR MAP!!!Geo
care to share Winky Winky
01-11-2018, 01:40 PM #21
NEGATIVE NANCY OVER HERE, maybe some one could go into treyarchs zombie pgks file for one of the dlc's and view the text and re write the pkg file for the custom zombie map and make it activated to play the map if you know what i mean (i mean jailbroken ps3 needs a fix for instance to activate the map pack right so why dont the look at the script on that fix and re write it for the custom zombie map to activate it right).... see as you can see its not just as that simple but if some one who actually wanted it would of put there head down and ass up to try things like that........
02-12-2018, 04:50 PM #22
fake*4 sure
03-12-2018, 06:26 PM #23
1. There needs to be much much more to do, the maps .FF files are pc .FF files (pc .FF files have same scripts but different headers than ps3) and you‘ll needed to convert them to ps3 first 2. sounds and textures i think (sound and qoutes for sure) are stored in .pak files not like .iwd files like on pc (some sounds are in .FF files) (.pak files are zlib compressed archives) but with 3arcs own header, theres no tool out there which can extract the data of these zlib compressed archives and compress them back to the working .pak (hyperripper findes the sounds but u can do nothing with them, only extract them) Also every change you do in a map needs to be included in the stringtables (.csv) which i think we dont have access on Ps3 .FF compilers/viewers Andddd one big is we don‘t have Mod Tools for Ps3 so its nearly impossible. Ninja
Last edited by DaveTheBozz ; 03-12-2018 at 06:29 PM.
04-28-2020, 04:38 PM #24
Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
Originally posted by ImWelch View Post
No, this is not possible, and probably never will be.

I think it is possible you need to change the header of the custom map to a ps3 one and overwrite it on the ps3 or something uk viper did a tutorial on it..

Who is uk viper, I've searched all over the web looking for any signs of custom maps on ps3 and found nothing

I think this would be a great project among the more skilled Moders now that we have time on our hands in quarantine

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo