Post: I Need Help Fixiing My XBOX 360 Freezing At Start Up
06-07-2013, 05:17 PM #1
TheManDavid
Your mother!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); On Tuesday afternoon, June 4th, 2013, my original white XBOX 360 got the damn RROD. I thought it was gone completely so I was already looking online for local repair shops that fix gaming consoles. I found a couple of them not that far away from me. One actually only charge $25, surprisingly, I thought it was going to be way more than that. Anyways, I was about to call them and ask for information and stuff but I kept on looking online for ways to fix it myself. Now, keep in mind that I have opened up my 360 many times before within the past 2 or 3 months. I have the original white 360 and it collects dust like a MOFO, lol.

Side story: Around the middle of March, my 360 got the 2 RROD and I didn't even know what it meant. I thought my 360 was gone that time as well. So I opened it up one day and completely cleaned it out and ever since then, it has worked like a charm. No problems until Tuesday.

Now, on Monday night, I was playing my 360 with no problems. Then on Tuesday early afternoon, I turned on my 360 to see who was online because I was kind of bored and I was online for like 20-30mins. I turned off my 360 and that was it. Later on that day, I turned it on again to actually play and it froze on the circle XBOX booting up thing. At first, I ignored it and turned it off and then turned it on again. It did the same thing. It did it a good 4 times. So I went online and looked it up and people said to try turning on the XBOX without the HDD in. So I did that and as I pushed the power button, it got the RROD. Once I saw the RROD, I freaked out and went online like I said above looking for repair shops and solutions to fix it myself. I ended up watching this 5minute video that surprisingly actually fixed my RROD. It is this video:

I did the same exact thing that guy did and it fixed the RROD. I did that Wednesday morning and I kept my XBOX on all day so it wouldn't turn off or give me some freezing bs again. It managed to stay on all day with no problems. Now yesterday morning though, I turned it on to see if it was still working and it froze automatically on the starting up logo thing. Now, every time I turn it on, it freezes right on the starting up logo.

Summary: My XBOX got the RROD on Tuesday. I fixed my RROD with the video above Wednesday morning and played all day. Now, ever since Thursday morning, every time I turn it on, it freezes on the start up circle XBOX logo thing.

P.S. I tried about an hour ago to see if it works and it still froze. I've already opened u my 360 so I cant ship it out it Microsoft.

Do you guys know of any "remedies" to fix this freezing problem?
06-07-2013, 05:58 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Sounds like it a pretty serious fault. What did you do to cure the RROD problem ?
06-07-2013, 07:35 PM #3
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Sounds like it a pretty serious fault. What did you do to cure the RROD problem ?

That video that I posted, that's what got rid of the RROD. Well, at least I think it did....

I was online looking at ways to fix it and I came across this. I'm thinking about buying it to fix it myself.
You must login or register to view this content.
06-07-2013, 09:12 PM #4
amplif1er
Why are you reading this?
Originally posted by xI
That video that I posted, that's what got rid of the RROD. Well, at least I think it did....

I was online looking at ways to fix it and I came across this. I'm thinking about buying it to fix it myself.
You must login or register to view this content.

If you've taken apart the Xbox that much this kit is the same thing a repair shop is going to use/do. We used to do the same thing, we also would reflow the chips.
06-07-2013, 09:39 PM #5
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Originally posted by amplif1er View Post
If you've taken apart the Xbox that much this kit is the same thing a repair shop is going to use/do. We used to do the same thing, we also would reflow the chips.

Soo, are you saying I should buy that kit to fix it myself? I just tried turning on the console again not that long ago and it froze again. I did that trick in the video again and it made my xbox actually work though. so it seems to me like it'll only work if I do that trick.
06-07-2013, 09:52 PM #6
Just buy a ps3 mate, why a waste your time lol
06-07-2013, 10:46 PM #7
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Originally posted by Plathunter8 View Post
Just buy a ps3 mate, why a waste your time lol

Are you fucking retarded!? This is in the XBOX section for a reason. Go take your PS3 fanboy shit some where else. I've had a PS3 before just so you know. I got it a month after it launched and I switched last august because I got bored of it.
06-07-2013, 11:24 PM #8
amplif1er
Why are you reading this?
Originally posted by xI
Are you fucking retarded!? This is in the XBOX section for a reason. Go take your PS3 fanboy shit some where else. I've had a PS3 before just so you know. I got it a month after it launched and I switched last august because I got bored of it.

Same here for me it was to get the real CoD experience ;-)

Yes you should give it a shot its not very much and you do get ALL you need to fix most issues
06-08-2013, 02:22 AM #9
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Originally posted by amplif1er View Post
Same here for me it was to get the real CoD experience ;-)

Yes you should give it a shot its not very much and you do get ALL you need to fix most issues

I was online looking for people that repair consoles and I was talking to this guy that lives right by my one of my buddies actually, not even 10mins away from me, and he only charges $40. Is that good or no?
06-08-2013, 08:31 AM #10
Originally posted by xI

Stfu you fucking bell end, it was a joke you fuckin tool, pick your fucking dummy up and save your bitching.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo