06-25-2010, 02:45 PM #1
DiXiEnOrMoUz28
A.K.A Daboss1288
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

After rumors surfaced in the gaming community that the new Xbox 360 Slims (or whatever you want to call the new SKU) were experiencing the same ill-fate that the new model’s predecessor had been plagued with, we wanted to test it out for ourselves. In order to ensure we put the console through its riggers, we setup a test that we knew would push any of the older model Xbox 360s over the edge and into an instant Red Ring fit.
In addition to testing the new Xbox 360, we wanted to run a parallel test with our PS3. It should be noted that for this test we used our 160gb PS3 fat that came in our Drake’s Fortune bundle a long while back.
Both consoles were powered on left running in a closed entertainment cabinet on separate shelves, but confined in the same center partition as to share the air temp. To ensure air flow to the vents, each was elevated using 2 liter bottle caps under the rubber feet (little grips on bottom).
Hour 1: Cabinet opened and a rush of hot air hits us. Channel switches on TV and both are running the intro screens. (PS3 running GH: World Tour) and (Xbox 360 running Guitar Hero 5). Cabinet is closed.
Midpoint: we check screens and move the controllers to keep things going
Hour 2: Exact same situation. Fans are running hard and the new Xbox 360 is noticeably louder, but nowhere near the old model.
Midpoint: we check screens and move the controllers to keep things going
Hour 3: We have a winner. The PS3 had shut down at some point between our last check and now. To ensure everything is kosher, we start up a party play version of Bob Dylan’s All Along the Watchtower on the 360. Songs completes and to make sure we don’t press our luck, we shut down the 360.
Note: After shutting down the 360, we started up the PS3 and everything was fine. Both consoles were very hot to the touch, but it looks like we have a solid Xbox 360 finally. I think we're all glad to see this since we all like good competition and many people were tired of unreliable hardware.

Source:You must login or register to view this content.

maybe now this will shut some people up about the new 360 having problems just like the old ones

The following 4 users say thank you to DiXiEnOrMoUz28 for this useful post:

Booshykins, God_of_War, mizik,
06-25-2010, 03:52 PM #2
That's very interesting Smile It seems like everyone is wrong, Microsoft did do something good.

The following user thanked Travis for this useful post:

DiXiEnOrMoUz28
06-25-2010, 05:05 PM #3
God_of_War
God Help us all
Awesome, I was wanting to get a slim to go with my PS3 slim but I wanted to hold off to see if they had any bugs, but seeing this I will probably get one within the next 2 months!

The following user thanked God_of_War for this useful post:

DiXiEnOrMoUz28
06-25-2010, 05:06 PM #4
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
You are my hero. <3 Thanks for posting this. : D

/is getting sick of PS3 fanboys trying to make the Xbox 360 look bad.
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM #5
Konsole
A.K.A Konsole
its a nice console, but ppl still getting RROD!
06-25-2010, 05:30 PM #6
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
Are you so certin that all consoles are made the way that one you where testing was made.

Its a fault in some consoles not being made right.
Same happened to sony every console breaks apart from the old 19 century consoles Smile
06-25-2010, 05:38 PM #7
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
The problem is, though, people always try to single the other corporations out and make it like they're the only ones that have problems with what they manufacture.

Everything has its own problems, nothing's perfect.

It's annoying when people say stupid shit like "well, the PS3 is better because Xbox breaks all the time and PS3 never does!" and "the Xbox is better because the PS3 has free online and is gay!"

True story.

That's utter bullcrap, the PS3 has just as many issues as the Xbox, and vice versa.

This whole fanboy war is annoying as hell, you're allowed to have your opinion, but it doesn't mean you're right, nor does it mean anyone cares.

It's all about personal preference, don't try to make other's preferences look inferior.
06-25-2010, 05:53 PM #8
PULS3
< ^ > < ^ >
i was thinking about about picking a new360.this has gained my confidence again.
06-25-2010, 06:49 PM #9
DiXiEnOrMoUz28
A.K.A Daboss1288
well i have 2 of them if you felt the heat comming out of the top of this system there is no way its hot inside it only gets hot where the vent is everything else is cold to the touch even after i left it on all ight b/c i fell asleep watching a moive
06-26-2010, 08:41 PM #10
mizik
Little One
Just another reason for me to get this. I've been deciding for the past few weeks if I should get one. I'm looking forward to it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo