Post: Are You Worried About RROD/Overheating Issues on the Xbox One?
05-27-2013, 08:43 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As you may know, original Xbox 360, it was such a failure. So many consoles suffered from melting disks, over 35% RROD rate. I can't help but wonder if Microsoft will fail again with this new Xbox. Hopefully they're much smarter this time with the design and don't have lots of overheating issues. What are your thoughts on this?
05-27-2013, 09:14 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
A couple sites was able to look inside the box, the board design is changed compared to the 360. More vents, changes to the cooling which means less hardware fails due to bad cooling. Fan is stronger based on these breakdowns. Need to find a link which does have some images.
05-27-2013, 09:18 PM #3
-Skyline
Anonymous
At the end of the day, Micro$oft make Software not Hardware so you never know :dumb:
05-27-2013, 11:28 PM #4
I don't think it will be a problem I may have to change my living room around but it shouldn't be a problem Happy

You must login or register to view this content.
05-28-2013, 08:53 AM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
hopefully thats a upward vent at the top of the console, as it doesnt want to be sucking air into the console at that angle, think of all the dust it'll drag in with it, specially when the consoles been off for a while dust has settled on it and you turn it on, it'll just breathe it all in which cant be good.
06-05-2013, 05:39 PM #6
First2Fight
Do a barrel roll!
I'd like to think that Microsoft and Sony have learned from their errors in the PS3 and Xbox360, so I imagine there will be less issues in these consoles. Guess only time will tell.

The following user thanked First2Fight for this useful post:

Hells
06-05-2013, 06:40 PM #7
Hells
I'm Back...
I'm as worried as I am about the xboxone getting RROD as I am about the PS4 getting YLOD.....

If it breaks I'll take it back to the shop
06-05-2013, 08:33 PM #8
QuantumDev
Can’t trickshot me!
I don't think it would happen to the XBox One neither the PS4.
It probably has more vents, a better cooling system and such.
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM #9
HomelandSec
League Champion
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
A couple sites was able to look inside the box, the board design is changed compared to the 360. More vents, changes to the cooling which means less hardware fails due to bad cooling. Fan is stronger based on these breakdowns. Need to find a link which does have some images.

06-05-2013, 09:46 PM #10
AFG
The One and Only
Very simple...just buy a PS4 instead of a cable box.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo