08-12-2013, 10:36 PM #1
Budz
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In addition to reversing their DRM policies, Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox One will not require the Kinect to function. Xbox Corporate Vice President Marc Whitten revealed on IGN that the Xbox will be able to work and use all it's core functions without the Kinect being connected to the console. Features like Voice Command and Player Identification will be unavailable due to this, but you will still be able to acess everything else the Xbox One offers.

You must login or register to view this content.

Microsoft's decision to abandon the Kinect mandatory system opens a door to a Kinect-free Xbox One bundle. The original Xbox One bundle comes with a Kinect, controller, headset, HDMI cable, a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live, and of course the console itself.

Do you think that Microsoft will release a cheaper version of the bundle which doesn't include the Kinect?
08-13-2013, 08:25 PM #11
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
I like how everyone is calling this an improvement. When really all they are doing is playing catch-up.

its not improvement, the xbox one is nothing like they first announced, next they wont even get this tv shit theyve been banging on about for ages!

they should of just stuck to what they have been working on and not going back on themselves, its just making them look worse

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

xKtF
08-13-2013, 11:10 PM #12
xKtF
In my man cave
I thought they would keep the kinect thing.Haha all of these changes at the end...I hope people don't fall for this.
08-14-2013, 01:01 AM #13
Ace
Former Staff Member
I'm still getting the Xbox One an PS4 Enzo
08-17-2013, 04:54 PM #14
TryCatchMe
Like A Boss
It's a shame they haven't got any plans to release a kinect free bundle which would bring the price down and make a lot of people happier/want to buy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo