12-20-2013, 11:16 AM #1
Jake
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So it's been almost a month since the Xbox One was released and I was just wondering what you all think of it so far?

I'm really happy with my choice in console, the voice recognition stuff is pretty neat and something I use a lot, as are all of the TV features. My biggest and only complaint is the lack of good release titles, the only game I own and find myself playing is FIFA 14.

I've considered buying RYSE but I've heard bad things about it and racing games aren't really my cup of tea. Any suggestions?
12-20-2013, 11:59 AM #2
iJosh
Quit, Bigger & Better Things
I got the xbox one to.

its pretty good. I have BF4, Ghosts and fifa.

ghosts WAS decent but I find myself hell bored playing it these days. And I just cant get used to BF4 after playing COD for years.

Get BF4 or Ghosts?

the lack of games is annoying. I sold my ps3's and regret it now, wish I waited till there was more games for xbox one, although I didnt want to wait till the ps3 had depreciated more then it already has.
Last edited by iJosh ; 12-20-2013 at 12:09 PM.
12-20-2013, 08:26 PM #3
Groovy
Team Xbox
Originally posted by Jake View Post
So it's been almost a month since the Xbox One was released and I was just wondering what you all think of it so far?

I'm really happy with my choice in console, the voice recognition stuff is pretty neat and something I use a lot, as are all of the TV features. My biggest and only complaint is the lack of good release titles, the only game I own and find myself playing is FIFA 14.

I've considered buying RYSE but I've heard bad things about it and racing games aren't really my cup of tea. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Outsider
Just have to wait for the new games to arrive. Titanfall Outie

Honestly, since day one I have played my Xbox one 3/4 times, I'm disappointed with it. The general 'glitchiness' of the new user interface really aggravates me. I'm yet to upgrade Cod:Ghosts to XB1 due to the lack in communication in multiplayer making it boring, it's fun to play with friends and since everyone seems to be sticking with Xbox 360 theirs no one to talk to. So far Battlefield 4 was a disappointment for me as a Cod franchise fanboy. Also Fifa 14 to me just doesn't have the same feel as the Xbox 360 version, the new 'scenes' in-between everything slow the game down way to much and the gameplay just doesn't feel smooth.

Enough of my rant, conclusion - currently I'm disappointed but that may change with upcoming updates and new game releases.

The following user thanked Groovy for this useful post:

iJosh
12-21-2013, 12:27 AM #4
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
I love it, tho the game library is pretty pore.
12-21-2013, 01:46 AM #5
Jake
One Man Army
Originally posted by Groovy
Honestly, since day one I have played my Xbox one 3/4 times, I'm disappointed with it. The general 'glitchiness' of the new user interface really aggravates me. I'm yet to upgrade Cod:Ghosts to XB1 due to the lack in communication in multiplayer making it boring, it's fun to play with friends and since everyone seems to be sticking with Xbox 360 theirs no one to talk to. So far Battlefield 4 was a disappointment for me as a Cod franchise fanboy. Also Fifa 14 to me just doesn't have the same feel as the Xbox 360 version, the new 'scenes' in-between everything slow the game down way to much and the gameplay just doesn't feel smooth.

Enough of my rant, conclusion - currently I'm disappointed but that may change with upcoming updates and new game releases.

What in particular do you believe to be glitchy about the UI?
12-26-2013, 07:01 PM #6
Isaac Clarke
< ^ > < ^ >
its alright so far. but, i find myself going back to the ps3. heres what i have for the x1.

1) killer instict (everybody has this)
2) forza 5 limited edition
3) ryse
4) dead rising 3
12-26-2013, 09:49 PM #7
Ace
Former Staff Member
It Okay . I have both since my step-brother got one from his mom, I got the PS4. I would say they are both good console but PS4 is the better choice in my op.

The following 2 users say thank you to Ace for this useful post:

Fox243, Isaac Clarke
12-27-2013, 02:30 AM #8
Default Avatar
RANDOMx
i cant complain yet seems all good tome untill somehting big happens like it overheats on me
12-28-2013, 08:38 PM #9
Groovy
Team Xbox
Originally posted by Jake View Post
What in particular do you believe to be glitchy about the UI?

I've had many issues with my Xbox One since day one, not just with UI.

Some issues:
- On day one my console was downloading the first update then restarting and crashing and therefore stuck in a loop.
- After resolving the above issue, when presented with the controller to 'press A to continue' to the tutorial my controller was connected but I was unable to get past this step no matter what.
- Many times I have been invited to games/parties and instantly it has force closed my game (Fifa & Battlefield).
- The dashboard seems to be jumpy and slow when attempting to multi-task 90% of the time.
- I randomly will get signed out of my Gamertag for what appears to be no reason (still unsure what's causing this).
- My controller constantly disconnects, should this be mid-game or in between navigating the home screen - In all fairness this is a known issue according to Xbox Support and a patch is due to improve this apparently. This could also be caused by my Xbox being on top of a wardrobe and therefore having items between the console and the controller.

That's just some of the issues I can think of, granted most of them are probably nothing to do with the UI but they are still issues with the Xbox One. :(
I hope they get fixed quick!
01-04-2014, 06:07 PM #10
rjive
Love Big Titty Bitches
My wife surprised me last night when I got home and she had an xbone for me. Some of my first impressions: UI is a bit sluggish and menus are natively navigated. Trying to join a party is a bit of a challenge as well as quitting the game. It's was a bit frustrating trying to find the settings.

Other than that I have a $600 xbox 360. Smile graphics are a shit ton better. Feel free to add me: rj1ve

The following user thanked rjive for this useful post:

Ozy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo