05-12-2014, 12:28 AM #1
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVES.1. HALO 5

Of all the CGI trailers at E3, Halo 5's was most puzzling. Where are we? What is that massive robot bird thing? Why is Master Chief wearing a robe over his armour? Surely it's air-conditioned? We don't anticipate answers to these questions for months yet. Let' not forget, 343 only released Halo 4 last year. Regardless, the trailer served a purpose. Beneath all the cloak and mirrors, the Seattle studio announced the return of Microsoft's flagship franchise. For those doubting the worth of Xbox One, Halo's reveal was a reminder of what lies ahead.

2. TITANFALL

Despite the massive robots, there was something of the Call of Duty about Titanfall. That's hardly surprising, given developer Respawn is essentially Infinity Ward under a different name. Like CoD, the game ran at 60fps. It shared a gritty colour palette. Even the weapon feedback and crosshairs looked similar. But the mechs switch it up. They have the capacity to add different layers of combat: men vs men, mechs vs mechs, and men vs mechs. The last could be lopsided, but generous superhuman parkour abilities level the playing field.

3. DEAD RISING 3

At first glance this doesn't look much like Dead Rising, with a disappointingly drab, brown art style. But that aside, it seems to be sticking to the established formula of the series. There's a time limit, you can stick things together to create monstrous weapons (in the trailer we see a circular saw/sledgehammer combo), and there are, naturally, massive crowds of zombies to slaughter and torment. This is the first game without the input of series creator Keiji Inafune, but Capcom Vancouver did an excellent job with Dead Rising 2, so it's in good hands. It's the biggest world yet, with the fictional city of Los Perdidos, California looking impressively massive. Let's just hope they keep the sense of humour intact.

4. FORZA MOTORSPORT 5

Turn 10's phenomenal Forza Motorsport 4 might just have been the best racing game ever made, so Forza 5 rightly comes pre-loaded with insane fan expectation. At the Microsoft conference, Forza chief Dan Greenawalt had a brief, worrying arthouse moment as he talked about touching the paintwork, but then allowed in-game footage to do the rest of the work for him. Unsurprisingly, it looked stunning. Greenawalt also floated the idea of your 'Awesome faceriveatar', a version of you your friends can race against even when you're not online.

5. RYSE

Once a Kinect-powered Xbox 360 title, Crytek's Ryse is now fully tooled up for Xbox One, with the conference demo reimagining the Normandy beach landings as an epic scale Roman assault on a barbarian stronghold. CryEngine has given it a slick foundation on which to build, with smoke and particle effects going off like fireworks, castles crumbling to ruins, explosions, arrows, spears and screams of agony. And, like its clear inspiration, Spartacus, it's seriously bloody. The only question mark is over the sheer amount of QTEs.

6. QUANTUM BREAK

The mysterious new project from Max Payne and Alan Wake creators Remedy will "push the boundaries of how people think of live action and gaming today," and be accompanied by a TV series. What happens in one will affect the other. The E3 demo showed a woman trapped in a time bubble moments after an explosion, and a character pulling her out of it. Deeply confusing stuff, but the facial animation is seriously impressive, approaching LA Noire's level of realism. If nothing else, Remedy always tell interesting stories.

WITH STREET FIGHTER IV AS COMPETITION AND ULTRA-HARDCORE FIGHTING FANS TO PLEASE, KILLER INSTINCT HAS ITS WORK CUT OUT

7. KILLER INSTINCT

Rare hinted it would be reviving a classic series a few months back, and Killer Instinct's zombie-like rising from the grave provided a keen demonstration of Xbox One's video recording, editing and sharing. Microsoft also confirmed it would release alongside a custom fighting stick. But with Street Fighter IV, BlazBlue and Mortal Kombat as competition, ultra-hardcore fighting fans to please, and Rare sharing development duties with Double Helix - the team behind... er... GI Joe and Green Lantern - we fear this has got its work cut out.

8. SUNSET OVERDRIVE

As Insomniac kicked off its gorgeous CGI trailer for Sunset Overdrive, silent prayers were being whispered: "Please don't change the art style. Please don't change the art style." The developer's last game, Fuse, started life just as colourfully, but slowly morphed into a soulless military mess. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to this open-world free-running shooter, which right now looks like the punky love child of Mirror's Edge and Jet Set Radio. Getting the minds behind Resistance onto Xbox One, exclusively, is a feather in Microsoft's cap.

9. BELOW

E3 this year seemed in a perpetual state of war, but between furious bouts of men killing men sat a curious little game called Below. From Capybara, the makers of award-winning IOS title Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, the trailer ran immediately after Battlefield 4. It was a brilliant juxtaposition. Quite apart from EA's shooter, Below appears to be a slow-paced dungeon-crawler, emphasising exploration over action. The plane occasionally switches from top-down to side-on, incorporating what appear to be co-op hack-and-slash elements. It's essentially Castle Crashers after a shot of novocaine. While still early days, Below looks to provide the 'kiss kiss' to a bevy of shooters' 'bang bang'.

10. PROJECT SPARK

This is Microsoft's take on LittleBigPlanet, and it'll be released as a free-to-play title alongside Killer Instinct. They're calling it an 'open world digital canvas' and the E3 demo saw a developer creating a beautiful-looking fantasy landscape in just a few seconds using Kinect voice commands. A showcase of player-made content included side-scrolling platformers, arcade shooters, and tower defence strategy games. It's a powerful engine and a welcome break from all the cars and guns, but it will live or die by the generosity of its F2P model. 11. D4

Deadly Premonition was one of the most divisive games of the current (last?) generation, so it's safe to assume that Swery65's new, Xbox One exclusive D4 will similarly split opinion. We've come to accept (and love) unconventionality from the Japanese dev, after all, with Premonition's oddball third-person detective-horror stylings offering genuine moments of fill-your-pants horror alongside real-time beard growth and The Worst Voice Acting Of All Time. The brief trailer suggested a plane crash, or maybe a plane crash inside the main character's mind, or maybe a plane crash invoked by his mind. At the very least, you've got to admit it's intriguing.

12. UNTITLED BLACK TUSK PROJECT

Black Tusk is one of five Microsoft-owned studios working on exclusive games for Xbox One. The first, unnamed game showed a Sam Fisher look-alike rappelling down the side of a Shanghai building as fireworks erupt in the background, before stealthily knocking a guard out. No one outside Black Tusk has an idea what kind of game it is, but Microsoft have high hopes for it, caling it a future "icon" for the system. The video at the conference wasn't particularly imaginative, but the proof will be when a lengthier demo lands.

13. KINECT SPORTS RIVALS

This accessible Kinect-powered sports game will feature climbing, soccer, wake racing, bowling, target shooting, and tennis. The new Kinect's camera will scan you and recreate you in the game as a stylised cartoon character, and will be able to track your facial expressions. The action takes place around a bright, colourful island setting, and the emphasis seems to be on building rivalries with your friends. In the trailer we see climbers grabbing each others' legs and tossing them into the water below. Very unsportsmanlike.

PLAYSTATION 4 EXCLUSIVES

1. THE ORDER: 1886

Developed by Ready at Dawn and Santa Monica Studios, The Order: 1886 is set in an alternative history version of Victorian-era London where the progress of the Industrial Revolution has been fuelled by an ancient war against a powerful and inhuman enemy. Armed with steampunk-inspired weaponry, the game follows a male and female duo fighting for mankind's survival by blasting waves of supernatural foes against a misty backdrop of zeppelins, monorails and skyscrapers. Players will encounter actual historical figures to help them in their quest and travel to real locations, though we'll have to wait for further details to see if Queen Victoria herself will receive a visit at Buckingham Palace.

2. DRIVE CLUB

Drive Club is an online racing game, where players can compete against each other in both real time and asynchronously. After joining a club, a companion app provides a 24/7 link to the game, allowing teams to set up challenges and organise huge tournaments. Visually it's been described as "borderline insane", with cars modelled down to individual fibres on material panels and even reflections in the headlight bulbs. During their conference Sony announced that PlayStation Plus subscribers will get free access to the PS+ edition.

3. INFAMOUS: SECOND SON

Seven years after inFamous 2, new hero Delsin Rowe finds himself using the series' trademark conduit powers to rebel against the oppressive, Nineteen Eighty-Four-style government controlling the city. Delsin, as well as having a really stupid name, looks like a grunge kid from 1995, but hopefully he's more likeable than personality vacuum Cole McGrath. The city itself looks great, with the famous Space Needle dominating the skyline, and it makes Empire City and New Marais look positively bite-sized in comparison.

SHADOWFALL LOOKS LIKE A RELATIVELY STANDARD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER, BUT IT'S CERTAINLY A DAZZLINGLY BEAUTIFUL ONE

4. KILLZONE: SHADOWFALL

The notoriously grey series seems to have been given a splash of colour in Killzone: Shadowfall, with new footage showing a lush forest setting. Gameplay additions include a tiny drone that deploys an electric-blue protective energy shield in front of you, while combat looks notably faster than in previous games; it still seems to be a fairly standard first-person shooter, but it's certainly a dazzlingly beautiful one. We just hope the tech has an impact on the gameplay and not just the visuals as there are a lot of futuristic shooters around.

5. KNACK

Mankind is under threat from an army of invading goblins, so the world's greatest minds get together to save the human race. However, a mysterious scientist known only as the Doctor has other ideas, binding together the ancient relics he was studying to create a small sentient creature, the titular Knack. Knack has the ability to absorb more relics as you discover them, increasing size until he becomes a giant who can dish out massive destruction. Expect plenty of humour as the game is being developed by LocoRoco outfit SCE Japan.You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Mr Ruffers ; 05-12-2014 at 12:37 AM.

The following user groaned Mr Ruffers for this awful post:

King Sosa
05-12-2014, 01:12 PM #2
Clearly an Xbox Fanboy, I realize this is in the XB1 section but this is quite rediculous as you included many smaller games for Xbox and left out the 10-20 exclusive indie games on the PS4...
05-12-2014, 02:08 PM #3
RAB
Splicer
Originally posted by iPwNoobz
Clearly an Xbox Fanboy, I realize this is in the XB1 section but this is quite rediculous as you included many smaller games for Xbox and left out the 10-20 exclusive indie games on the PS4...

Xbox does have more exclusives at the moment though look it up Winky Winky

The following user thanked RAB for this useful post:

Mr Ruffers
05-12-2014, 03:11 PM #4
Originally posted by RAB View Post
Xbox does have more exclusives at the moment though look it up Winky Winky

First off, I'm not too sure about that one, but either way the point is that this post is very skewed. Either list only AAA titles for both or list ALL exclusives for both, don't mix and match to make the XB1 look like it has over 2x as many exclusives, which we all know is ludicrous. Anyways I would be interested to see something that compares ALL exclusives, just out of curiousity, I know when a chart was released a little over a month ago, the PS4 was actually leading in exclusives, to the surprise of many, including myself.
05-12-2014, 03:28 PM #5
RAB
Splicer
First off, I'm not too sure about that one, but either way the point is that this post is very skewed. Either list only AAA titles for both or list ALL exclusives for both, don't mix and match to make the XB1 look like it has over 2x as many exclusives, which we all know is ludicrous. Anyways I would be interested to see something that compares ALL exclusives, just out of curiousity, I know when a chart was released a little over a month ago, the PS4 was actually leading in exclusives, to the surprise of many, including myself.

According to this xbox one does infact have more exclusives You must login or register to view this content.
05-12-2014, 04:17 PM #6
Read my previous post in entirety, this list is extremely skewed and shows a very limited amount of exclusives. If I were to list Titan fall and then 3 PS exclusives and say the PS4 had more, you would argue that I am leaving out many exclusives from both consoles, which is the case here.

The following user thanked iPwNoobz- for this useful post:

xLew--
05-12-2014, 04:22 PM #7
Originally posted by RAB View Post
According to this xbox one does infact have more exclusives You must login or register to view this content.

Take resogun as an example, it definitely is not a AAA title, but has sold very well, and those that got it free through PS+ have given it much critical acclaim. There are tons more examples on BOTH sides, not just for the PS4. That I'd exactly my point, when you only list a select few exclusives for each who's to say they're not just listing more for the XB1 and less for the PS4? If they were all listed we may see a different outcome.
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM #8
RAB
Splicer
Take resogun as an example, it definitely is not a AAA title, but has sold very well, and those that got it free through PS+ have given it much critical acclaim. There are tons more examples on BOTH sides, not just for the PS4. That I'd exactly my point, when you only list a select few exclusives for each who's to say they're not just listing more for the XB1 and less for the PS4? If they were all listed we may see a different outcome.

To be honest i couldn't care less about the exclusives at the moment but for me theirs better ones on the xbox one and don't call be a xbox fanboy i hated xbox 360 sold 5 off them from buying them from day one thinking they would be better i've been with sony since ps1 then just recently switched over to the xbox one as the ps4 wasn't much good to me as it was used just for netflix.
05-13-2014, 10:58 AM #9
Alt
Banned
I don't think I've ever cared about exclusives at all really.

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

RAB
05-13-2014, 11:57 AM #10
RAB
Splicer
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I don't think I've ever cared about exclusives at all really.

Exactly not worth careing about as long as theirs good games coming out on the console you play on thats all that matters.

The following user thanked RAB for this useful post:

Alt

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo