Post: Back To Basics - Garf's Noob guide to Jailbreaking.
07-10-2011, 08:50 AM #1
-Garf-
G-A-R-F GARF2B THATS ME
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

So I am going to go through my experience of Jail breaking "i" devices. Now when I say I am a nooby at this I am not lying so if I can do it, honestly, so can you!!!

The current Jailbreak is the "www.jailbreakme.com" exploit so this is what we will work with.

This method truly is the simplest way to jailbreak your device on iOS 4.3.3, and it's fully untethered, meaning that you don't have to plug your device into your computer in order to boot it into a jailbroken state. Adding to JailbeakMe's advantages is its compatibility, since it works with every device on the face of the earth (except for iOS 5, since it's still in beta), including the iPhone 4 and the iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.3. Support for iOS 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.2.1 will be added later.

Instructions:

Open Safari on your iDevice, type You must login or register to view this content. and click GO. Once it has loaded, hit the "free" button, then hit "Install".

THAT IS IT!!!

You are now Jail Broken and you should see the Cydia icon on your home screen.

OK so that's the easy part completed. Now comes the more complicated part.

Navigating Cydia:

Open Cydia from your home page and just let it do its own thing. It will take a minute or so to fully load up and check for any updates that may be available. Install these updates. Once the updates (if there was any) are completed your phone will re-boot itself. You are now good to go.

Start Cydia again and hit the "Manage" button at the bottom of cydia. Once loaded then hit the "Sources" button.

Hit the "Edit" button in the top right corner, then the "Add" button in the top left corner.

A window will pop up on your screen titled "Enter Cydia/APT URL" do not delete anything from the box, just add one of the sources from below and hit "Add source".

cydia.hackulo.us
sinfuliphonerepo.com
cydia.xsellize.com
cydia.iphonecake.com
repo.insanelyi.com
ihacksrepo.com
repo.hackyouriphone.org
repo.biteyourapple.net
yourcydiarepo.org
podulo.com

Since cydia.hackulo.us is at the top this is what we will work with today.

Once the source has been added and it is visible in your source list I want you to go ahead and click on it. That should take you to a scroll up/down list, the top one says AppSync for 4.0+ (Thats you!) click on that and hit "install" in the top right corner.

Once that is loaded click "Return To Cydia" then scroll down to "Installous", hit the "install" button in the top left again. Once the magic has been done I want you to exit Cydia and go to your homescreen.

Open installous, wait for it to load for the first time and hit the "Browse" button.

This will be your new App store from now on. This is the part where you get FREE SHIT!! I mean you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER APP AGAIN.

Just to try it out, click "Games" and choose the one at the top, whatever it is. Click on the game and hit the "Download" button. Choose a version from the list, go for the newest version and click on it.

These downloads vary in the way they work. Some you have to enter the code that is shown then hit download again. Some are just a count down. Some you may just look at and think WHAT THE ****!!. Once you find a successful version (95%) the one at the top of the list then get it downloaded and remember to click "install" once the download is complete. There you go. You are now the proud owner of a new game that you did not pay for.

I hope this helps you in some way. I will get working on another thread soon, next time I will cover the iPad more, and I will run over some of the more "essential" apps you will require.

This thread is for informational purposes only "wink wink" Any questions, if you need help with anything then please PM me.

The following 3 users say thank you to -Garf- for this useful post:

Alpha, Mikeisking, xkia
07-10-2011, 10:00 AM #2
xkia
No Idea
Originally posted by Garf

So I am going to go through my experience of Jail breaking "i" devices. Now when I say I am a nooby at this I am not lying so if I can do it, honestly, so can you!!!

The current Jailbreak is the "www.jailbreakme.com" exploit so this is what we will work with.

This method truly is the simplest way to jailbreak your device on iOS 4.3.3, and it's fully untethered, meaning that you don't have to plug your device into your computer in order to boot it into a jailbroken state. Adding to JailbeakMe's advantages is its compatibility, since it works with every device on the face of the earth (except for iOS 5, since it's still in beta), including the iPhone 4 and the iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.3. Support for iOS 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.2.1 will be added later.

Instructions:

Open Safari on your iDevice, type You must login or register to view this content. and click GO. Once it has loaded, hit the "free" button, then hit "Install".

THAT IS IT!!!

Navigating Cydia:

Open Cydia from your home page and just let it do its own thing. It will take a minute or so to fully load up and check for any updates that may be available. Install these updates. Once the updates (if there was any) are completed your phone will re-boot itself. You are now good to go.

Start Cydia again and hit the "Manage" button at the bottom of cydia. Once loaded then hit the "Sources" button.

Hit the "Edit" button in the top right corner, then the "Add" button in the top left corner.

A window will pop up on your screen titled "Enter Cydia/APT URL" do not delete anything from the box, just add one of the sources from below and hit "Add source".

cydia.hackulo.us
sinfuliphonerepo.com
cydia.xsellize.com
cydia.iphonecake.com
repo.insanelyi.com
ihacksrepo.com
repo.hackyouriphone.org
repo.biteyourapple.net
yourcydiarepo.org
podulo.com

Once the source has been added and it is visible in your source list I want you to go ahead and click on it. That should take you to a scroll up/down list, the top one says AppSync for 4.0+ (Thats you!) click on that and hit "install" in the top right corner.

Once that is loaded click "Return To Cydia" then scroll down to "Installous", hit the "install" button in the top left again. Once the magic has been done I want you to exit Cydia and go to your homescreen.

Open installous, wait for it to load for the first time and hit the "Browse" button.

This will be your new App store from now on. This is the part where you get FREE SHIT!! I mean you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER APP AGAIN.

Just to try it out, click "Games" and choose the one at the top, whatever it is. Click on the game and hit the "Download" button. Choose a version from the list, go for the newest version and click on it.

These downloads vary in the way they work. Some you have to enter the code that is shown then hit download again. Some are just a count down. Some you may just look at and think WHAT THE ****!!. Once you find a successful version (95%) the one at the top of the list then get it downloaded and remember to click "install" once the download is complete. There you go. You are now the proud owner of a new game that you did not pay for.

I hope this helps you in some way. I will get working on another thread soon, next time I will cover the iPad more, and I will run over some of the more "essential" apps you will require.

This thread is for informational purposes only "wink wink" Any questions, if you need help with anything then please PM me.

Good tutorial will help out alot of people will link my friends to this when i cba to help them Upside Down Happy
07-10-2011, 10:08 AM #3
Mudkip
Retired Moderator

Instructions:

THAT IS IT!!!

Navigating Cydia:

cydia.hackulo.us
sinfuliphonerepo.com
cydia.xsellize.com
cydia.iphonecake.com
repo.insanelyi.com
ihacksrepo.com
repo.hackyouriphone.org
repo.biteyourapple.net
yourcydiarepo.org
podulo.com

very nice garf Smile will help a lot of people out Smile
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM #4
Coqui
Former Staff

Instructions:

THAT IS IT!!!

Navigating Cydia:

cydia.hackulo.us
sinfuliphonerepo.com
cydia.xsellize.com
cydia.iphonecake.com
repo.insanelyi.com
ihacksrepo.com
repo.hackyouriphone.org
repo.biteyourapple.net
yourcydiarepo.org
podulo.com

Man this is a great tutorial but you should remove the Installous part because is illegal and is bad to steal developer works and remove the source. But this is a good tutorial.

The following user thanked Coqui for this useful post:

D@ EnVvY!
07-10-2011, 09:37 PM #5
Don't forget to add about some of the bugs with this jailbreak.
07-10-2011, 11:04 PM #6
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by lt
Don't forget to add about some of the bugs with this jailbreak.

Just to let you know comex release a package call PDF Patcher 2 that patch the exploit for using it again. And comex is working on another package that going to be release in Cydia to patch all the bugs of the jailbreak. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo