09-13-2009, 03:55 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); well due to an unfortunate freezing of my ipod touch i had to upgrade to the new 3.1.1 and as we all know you can jailbreak in this version. how can i downgrade it have tried just about everything to downgrade and everytime a get an error
09-26-2009, 06:43 PM #2
ok hi, what you need to do is download the running system with the device settings so like google up iphone(type) 3.0 running system and it should come up it might take some time to download not sure? but have a look

~LdN
10-05-2009, 11:31 PM #3
CristinaRawr
Maggbot timeout!
you have to put your itouch into DFU mode while in itunes then restore it to a 3.0 file thats how to downgrade then jailbreak with redsnow. if you get those 1600 errors that means it's not in DFU mode so keep trying or watch this vid

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4aNgzmCNw&feature=sub"]YouTube - Easy Way How To Downgrade From 3.1 & 3.1.1 Firmware Back To 3.0[/ame]
Last edited by CristinaRawr ; 10-08-2009 at 06:02 PM.
10-13-2009, 05:03 AM #4
GQGK
Skillz
Ok, this technique works BOTH on MACS and WINDOWS computers.

Download this: You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.

What you'll have to do is put your device into DFU mode, once that's done you can grab a fresh restore from here, You must login or register to view this content. .

You're gonna get an error, this is entirely normal ^^ If you don't get an error that's a problem.

NOTE: This works on EVERY Apple iPhone-OS based device and has been tested. There is a little side note for the iPod touch 3G and iPhone 3GS users, you will have to redo the "fsboot" command EVERYTIME you reboot your device. I recommend not rebooting your devices then.

MAC NOTE: Mac users, copy the “libusb-0.1.4.dylib” file to “/usr/local/lib/“ (Apple + Shift + G) before using the executable.

WINDOWS NOTE: Run the libusb installer first then run iRecovery from the iRecovery_SVN folder.

You're gonna open up that file I sent you via a command prompt (cmd). You must login or register to view this content.

Type the following:

./iRecovery -s

You should have a console link open between your device and your computer now.

To reboot your device and letting it boot under a previous firmware you'll have to type in this:

fsboot

Please be patient, this command takes a few seconds to work (it's rebooting). Once you'll see it with the Apple logo you can safely unplug your device and close the console link.

If you want a more complete tutorial, I suggest that you look at this one that I made a while back:

You must login or register to view this content.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Originally posted by war8ramen View Post
you have to put your itouch into DFU mode while in itunes then restore it to a 3.0 file thats how to downgrade then jailbreak with redsnow. if you get those 1600 errors that means it's not in DFU mode so keep trying or watch this vid

Sorry War8ramen, but what you just said is complete nonsense, it is normal to get a 16xx that means the person did the CORRECT procedure. Apple just doesn't allow people to downgrade your device using DFU or a plain old recovery mode, you'll need to force boot it too.
Last edited by GQGK ; 10-13-2009 at 05:05 AM.
10-13-2009, 05:15 AM #5
CristinaRawr
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by GQGK View Post
Ok, this technique works BOTH on MACS and WINDOWS computers.

Download this: You must login or register to view this content. or You must login or register to view this content.

What you'll have to do is put your device into DFU mode, once that's done you can grab a fresh restore from here, You must login or register to view this content. .

You're gonna get an error, this is entirely normal ^^ If you don't get an error that's a problem.

NOTE: This works on EVERY Apple iPhone-OS based device and has been tested. There is a little side note for the iPod touch 3G and iPhone 3GS users, you will have to redo the "fsboot" command EVERYTIME you reboot your device. I recommend not rebooting your devices then.

MAC NOTE: Mac users, copy the “libusb-0.1.4.dylib” file to “/usr/local/lib/“ (Apple + Shift + G) before using the executable.

WINDOWS NOTE: Run the libusb installer first then run iRecovery from the iRecovery_SVN folder.

You're gonna open up that file I sent you via a command prompt (cmd). You must login or register to view this content.

Type the following:

./iRecovery -s

You should have a console link open between your device and your computer now.

To reboot your device and letting it boot under a previous firmware you'll have to type in this:

fsboot

Please be patient, this command takes a few seconds to work (it's rebooting). Once you'll see it with the Apple logo you can safely unplug your device and close the console link.

If you want a more complete tutorial, I suggest that you look at this one that I made a while back:

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Sorry War8ramen, but what you just said is complete nonsense, it is normal to get a 16xx that means the person did the CORRECT procedure. Apple just doesn't allow people to downgrade your device using DFU or a plain old recovery mode, you'll need to force boot it too.

lol uhh did you even watch the video? hahaha whatever man
10-13-2009, 06:49 AM #6
@ndy
At least I can fight
cant u just jailbreak it again but use a lower firmware version

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo