10-10-2015, 04:54 PM #1
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); How do I fix/debug the random freezing in my GSC mod menu? What are the possible causes? It's completely unusable if I can rarely finish a match without freezing. I already applied the You must login or register to view this content. but still the freezing problem persists. I'm using You must login or register to view this content. base by the way.
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 10-10-2015 at 07:10 PM.
11-30-2015, 09:32 AM #20
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by OfficialCoolJay View Post
i see people do loops like

Loop()
{
for(;Winky Winky
{
blahblah stuff here
wait 0.05;
}
}

and sometimes i see people use a wait 0.01;

does having a longer wait on these loops prevent crash is my question
or efficient in some way.

Yes, it definitely helps. No wait makes you crash almost immediately and a tiny waiting time might crash later when more threads have been started/the fast running one has been running for a while. I had that happening with an all players mod I did but then switched it to waittill and notify constructs and it didn't happen again. Can somebody confirm that wait 0.01; is invalid since You must login or register to view this content.? So the smallest waiting time would be 0.05 mathematically but also in practise?
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 11-30-2015 at 09:35 AM.
11-30-2015, 10:03 AM #21
Originally posted by BullyWiiPlaza View Post
Yes, it definitely helps. No wait makes you crash almost immediately and a tiny waiting time might crash later when more threads have been started/the fast running one has been running for a while. I had that happening with an all players mod I did but then switched it to waittill and notify constructs and it didn't happen again. Can somebody confirm that wait 0.01; is invalid since You must login or register to view this content.? So the smallest waiting time would be 0.05 mathematically but also in practise?

For a loop you dont use waittill and notify :p but for other threads without loops its good, i use to have all sorts of issues with threads being out of time because i relied on wait 10; for example. For loops ive been using wait 0.01; no crash, but i think having it 0.05 is safer and better.
Last edited by OfficialCoolJay ; 11-30-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo