11-08-2015, 05:37 PM #1
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm using the mod menu base You must login or register to view this content. and I'm still getting kicked due to String overflows. I'm not sure if it's broken by default or I broke it myself sometimes when editing. Enzo

Anyway, the overflow fix code is as follows:
    setupOverflowFixParameters()
{
level.result = 0;
level.isFirstSpawn = true;
}

initializeOverflowFix()
{
if(level.isFirstSpawn)
{
if (self isHost())
{
thread overflowFix();
}

level.isFirstSpawn = false;
}
}

recreateText()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self endon("death");

input = self.CurMenu;
title = self.CurTitle;

self thread submenu(input, title);
self thread doSourceHeart();
}

overflowFix()
{
level endon("game_ended");

level.test = createServerFontString("default", 1.5);
level.test setText("xTUL");
level.test.alpha = 0;

for(;Winky Winky
{
level waittill("textset");
if(level.result >= 40) // Decreased from 50 to do the overflow fix quicker
{
level.test clearAllTextAfterHudElem();
level.result = 0;

foreach(player in level.players)
{
if(player.menu.open)
{
player notify("failoverflow");
player recreateText();
}
}
}
wait 0.01;
}
}
I already changed the limit of 50 to 40 to run the overflow fix earlier/more frequently but I still got an overflow error.

I'm calling it as follows:
    init()
{
setupOverflowFixParameters(); // <-

level thread onPlayerConnected();
}

onPlayerConnected()
{
while(true)
{
level waittill("connecting", player);

player thread onPlayerSpawned();
}
}

onPlayerSpawned()
{
self endon("disconnect");
level endon("game_ended");

while(true)
{
self waittill("spawned_player");

initializeOverflowFix(); // <-
}
}

It's being used in the menu code here:
    doSourceHeart()
{
self endon("menu_exit");
self endon("destroyMenu");
self endon("failoverflow"); // <-

// ...
}

drawText(text, font, fontScale, align, relative, x, y, color, alpha, sort)
{
hud = self createFontString(font, fontScale);
hud setPoint( align, relative, x, y );
hud.color = color;
hud.alpha = alpha;
hud.hideWhenInMenu = true;
hud.sort = sort;

level.result += 1; // <-
hud setText(text);
level notify("textset");

return hud;
}

Why do I still get the error
    G_FindConfigstringIndex: overflow (48Cool Man (aka Tustin): 'Host Only'

where
    Host Only
is one of my sub menu names. The String referenced in the error message is different every time but always some text from the menu.

Thank you Smile
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 11-08-2015 at 06:08 PM.
11-12-2015, 07:30 PM #11
Exelo
Banned
Originally posted by BullyWiiPlaza View Post
Lol, I was just wondering why it didn't work since I thought that I did it right but missed this one detail. About the ability to read code: I might be at least as good as you, alright? I almost have a degree in computer science while you're some random CoD modder kid who made an entire menu with just copied and pasted scripts alright (Red Dot City)? Better follow your own advice.

Well, I use my own injector so my statement probably holds.

Oh god. Funny how I tried to help you with this script but mister got on his high horse because he can't read what I have write.
Thinking that I said this thread was useless while I was talking about the script but you don't want to look like a idiot so you keep talking shit instead of saying "my bad".

You said I am a kid who do some random COD modding ? Maybe. But atleast I won't suck everyone dick everyday of my life to get helped on that help sections.
All I do is copy paste ? ' Ask gentle & xePixTvx about what I do and what I did they will make you look like a idiot.

By the way "RedDotCity" was created back when I joigned "RDC" ( 2014 ) and the code list wasn't even released on NGU had to make those myself and port some from old cod with Auhx.
GSC Studio wasn't even released and I had to compile and inject with 2 different .exe that dtx12 released ( which were bugged as fuck ).

Its a bit later that CraigChrist released a console version of the compiler and fixed lots of syntax probs. whatever.

So you got some degree in computer science ? Nice story bro ' Continue to listen to your school teacher in computer class you'll learn alots.

Jwm614 explained you that you got a limit of byte but you keep being idiot and lying just to not agree with the fact that you are wrong.

Now take a look at all the thread you posted in past few weeks.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Exelo ; 11-12-2015 at 07:45 PM.
11-12-2015, 08:07 PM #12
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Exelo View Post
Why make a thread just for it ? Waste of space.

Making a new thread couldn't mean the code you were talking about since it didn't use the thread keyword to be a threaded piece of code so the last possibility of its meaning is this forum thread. You basically said making a new forum thread for my request was a waste of forum space. Did you get that finally? Your English seems to hinder you a little bit. Alright, you meant something different but you were wrong here so I'm not the one that needs to apologize for assuming the right thing, am I?
Well, I use my own injector so my statement probably holds.

And I wrote that I'm using my own injector, you even quoted this part of my post so at least read it please. Clearly, the injection limit is based on the injector and like I stated, I'm using my own and it obviously doesn't have the same limit.
I had to compile and inject with 2 different .exe that dtx12 released ( which were bugged as fuck ).

Awww, poor you. I actually used dtx12's console compiler a while back because I didn't know GSC Studio was that convenient. Not really an issue if you know how to avoid certain programming constructs Winky Winky
You said I am a kid who do some random COD modding ? Maybe. But atleast I won't suck everyone dick everyday of my life to get helped on that help sections.

So you're mad? It's called wanting to learn and getting better at something and not sucking dick. It's not needed to ask questions anyways if you just use released scripts via CTRL + C and CTRL + V. It's okay bro Tustin
11-12-2015, 08:12 PM #13
Exelo
Banned
Making a new thread couldn't mean the code you were talking about since it didn't use the thread keyword to be a threaded piece of code so the last possibility of its meaning is this forum thread. You basically said making a new forum thread for my request was a waste of forum space. Did you get that finally? Your English seems to hinder you a little bit. Alright, you meant something different but you were wrong here so I'm not the one that needs to apologize for assuming the right thing, am I?

And I wrote that I'm using my own injector, you even quoted this part of my post so at least read it please. Clearly, the injection limit is based on the injector and like I stated, I'm using my own and it obviously doesn't have the same limit.

Awww, poor you. I actually used dtx12's console compiler a while back because I didn't know GSC Studio was that convenient. Not really an issue if you know how to avoid certain programming constructs Winky Winky

So you're mad? It's called wanting to learn and getting better at something and not sucking dick. Maybe you don't understand but it's not needed to ask questions anyways if you just use released scripts via CTRL + C and CTRL + V. Tustin

You are in computer science, you should know what's programming thread. Lol
It's the base of every programming language.

Bahahahahaha, Game memory isn't based on the injector doesn't matter what you do, there's a limit and you can't bypass it else you overwrite the game.
+ I doubt someone who ask question about GSC Script everyday of his life would be able to make a injector if not a simple .net one following few tuto.

So you're mad? It's called wanting to learn and getting better at something and not sucking dick. It's not needed to ask questions if you just use released scripts though.
It's not needed to ask questions if you just use released scripts and bases though. Tustin
11-12-2015, 08:24 PM #14
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder

You are in computer science, you should know what's programming thread. Lol
It's the base of every programming language.

Dude, you can't speak English to understand what I'm writing, this is a waste of time. Sal Besides, I wrote my own mods injector for the Nintendo Wii U console which never had mods before:
Now just get over it, you were wrong repeatedly so please stop flaming, kid.
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza ; 11-12-2015 at 08:31 PM.
11-12-2015, 08:32 PM #15
Exelo
Banned
Dude, you can't speak English to understand what I'm writing, this is a waste of time. Sal Besides, I wrote my own mods injector for the Nintendo Wii U console which never had mods before:
Now just get over it, you were wrong repeatedly so please stop flaming, kid.

Ayy lmao you are using my rdc v2 which have been leeched by ryqz and many other lmaooo

11-12-2015, 08:37 PM #16
BullyWiiPlaza
Climbing up the ladder
Ayy lmao you are using my rdc v2 which have been leeched by ryqz and many other lmaooo

That was over 1 month ago and served as a starting point for modding but it was shit so I'm using Source Engine as base now, look at this:
Also, all mods have been added by me. Many functions are unreleased/unique because I wrote them too.
11-12-2015, 08:39 PM #17
Exelo
Banned
That was over 1 month ago and served as a starting point for modding but it was shit so I'm using Source Engine as base now, look at this:

I actually don't care at all about wii never been interresed on it.
By the way look like you play YGOPRO ? Want to team up ? lmao skype : exelo.dev

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo