Ronye West
Anti-HSx9
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Originally posted by gops10 View Post
HERE IS THE TUT BUT IT ONLY WORKS FOR ETHERNET NOT WIRELESS SOZ

You Need:
Colasoft Packet Builder (CPB)
Wireshark

1.Start up your ps3 and log on to your username.
2.Set up your ps3 so it connects to your Ethernet adapter with ICS
3.Sign in to PSN but don't click on the game..just stay on the XMB until you are signed in and all your contacts have appeared.
3.Using Wireshark start capturing on your Ethernet adapter. Once the capture has started Run COD4, go into a game and play that match, when it ends and your back to your party on your own stop te capture dont stop it until it looks like no more packets are being captured in Wireshark. Stop the capture and save your capture as test.cap (make sure its .cap).
4.Once thats done quit the game so you are back to the XMB.
5.Delete the game patch in the "Game Data" folder.
6.Copy your hacked gamesave to the ps3
7.Go back to your laptop/pc and open up test.cap in Colasoft Packet Builder.
8.Click on the Send All button located in the toolbar.

Follow this carefully

#Tick "Burst Mode"
#Tick "Loop Sending"
#Reduce the loops from 1 to 0 for infinate loop
#Set Delay Between Loops to the number of packets you have captured
So if you have captured 411 packets then it should be set to 411 milliseconds (see problems at bottom) The lower the number the higher the chances
#Make sure you are still signed in, if not sign in before running the game again.
#Click on "Start" in Colasoft PB IMMEDIATLY. Now run the game. This should bypass the "Patch update Request" message after the Call of Duty Logo dissapears.Dont panic if the logo takes longer than usual to disappear, but if its there for more than 2 minutes restart the ps3 by the console and not the controller (Make those adjustments to the Delay Between Loops value in CPB). Run the whole game through to Multiplayer>Play Online and with luck you should be able to join in an online match with the hacks..here comes the down side..

Problems:
Its a 50/50 battle between not flooding the ps3 with packets causing the connection to fail resulting in you having to sign in again. Colasoft not sending the right packet quickly enough resulting in the update request message appearing. Press the PS button on the controller, Quit Game and start again but always make sure you are signed in. You will just need to mess around with the "Delay Between Loops" value until you get it right. If you do you will have a few mins online playtime with the hacks working.

WARNING: Don't set the Delay between loops too low like "0" for example. It will crash your ps3 and you will have to restart it using the power off button on the ps3 and not the controller. And no, it doesnt damage it

IW's packets must be marked with the update signature requesting something from the patch file (could be a patch Id number or something). There will always be new packets requesting it and if it doesnt find it you will be disconnected (this could be on ALL packets im not sure). I don't think there is a way around this but you could try capturing packets from a few games or something then doing it again. If you find a way of it working and its stable then let us know Razz

The Delay Between Loops instruction I gave you is what worked best for me but it doesn't matter what value it is aslong as its roughly between the 50-50 problem above lol. Just mess around with it and see what you can find. It took me so many attempts to get it right so it isn't a decent method but it could be beneficial to look into it and you never know it could be the begining of something.

If you can play with it online longer than 3-7 minutes let me know what you did. Or even better if you can get it to work permanantly Cool It could just be that Delay between packets value worth changing. If first you do not succeed, try, try, try again lol. If you can get past part 1 of 2 (bypassing the patch update request and you are still connected to PSN) then thats a start. Part 2 of 2 (joining in a game) is dogdey I must admit..If there is software out there to send packets as they are requested, replacing the packets that should be sent. Then it will be easy to do.

THANKS and ENJOY LADS

Remember to give credit to ME (gops10) ans stu

Well in boyz lol

Ps. dont give credit to its all stu
Last edited by Oc ; 07-26-2008 at 11:59 AM.
07-25-2008, 12:34 PM #20
No you set up your ps3 for the Wired connection and plug the ethernet cable into the back of the ps3 to your PC/Laptop. Then do the ICS from my previous post. Hope this helps Winky Winky
07-25-2008, 12:38 PM #21
Ronye West
Anti-HSx9
damn im lost so when i have the ethernet in the ps3 do i plug it into the laptop, then what
07-25-2008, 12:39 PM #22
ps3ia
Bounty hunter
If you just plug it into the back of your pc then now your ps3 and pc wont have internet ...
07-25-2008, 08:17 PM #23
Ronye West
Anti-HSx9
Im on vista and i dont think i have the ICS
07-25-2008, 09:24 PM #24
I try to tick both boxes on ICS, but I just get an error and it won't let me.
07-25-2008, 09:40 PM #25
Ronye West
Anti-HSx9
Yeah the same
07-26-2008, 02:46 PM #26
I'll hook up my XBL internet cord and try... Maybe later though. Anyways, Should be interesting IF I get it working. If I do I will invite people and show ya :P
07-26-2008, 05:42 PM #27
Most of you will give up after a few attempts lol. This wasn't supposed to be leaked, its just not ready. Yes it works, Yes I have got it to work for less than 2 minutes in a game but no its not stable like Stu said loads of times. Because it's been leaked he now wants everyone involved in helping, you all owe him that much atleast. Contact him by the link in my sig or at NGB if you have something for him.
Last edited by D3v1L ; 07-26-2008 at 05:46 PM.
07-26-2008, 10:06 PM #28
Ronye West
Anti-HSx9
I will help kk because i owe him an aploidge

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo