Post: If you want to see something in BO, you MUST post it HERE.
05-02-2010, 12:33 PM #1
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay this is not to be a rant in any which way, simply the goal of this thread is to work together as a community to compile a list of everything that we can all agree on that needs a change and what would make Call of Duty: Black Ops possibly better than we already expect. This topic is meant to share helpful ideas on what new or old things should be improved apon based on what we have experienced with previous games.

If you have an idea that you think would actually be helpful than please post it and if its good I will add it to the list so that this topic can be copied to other communities i.e. treyarch so that dev's and such can get a good complete list of what we want to see, they say they listen.

Basically this is to keep everything organized so whenever we have a quick idea we can just post it here and discuss what we think.. If its good and different Ill give you credit.

Ideas (Fixes, features, etc) for Call of Duty: Black Ops:

*Updated match making system - One that actually works. It would be excellent to have it so if you have a rage quit or you hate that lobby and you leave, it will not keep putting you back in that lobby when you join the same game mode such as how it did in cod4, w@w and even in MW2. Overall just fix it please.

*Less Kill streaks - Well does not necessarily need to be less of a total greater amount but keeping the K/S simple unlike nukes and chopper gunners will prevent less of an issue with camping as players wont need to worry about getting a game ending reward. A good idea would be to stick with the 3,5,7 killstreaks but simply have multiple options to choose from for each tier. Also it would be good to have it so that every choice is balanced with another i.e:

UAV
Counter UAV

Artillery
Enemy Mark(something like where it gives you basically an invisable guy from HQ who for a short time will mark out enemies so you can easily see them)

Attack Chopper
Airstrike

And so on...

*Points unlock system - The more kills and the more you use your certain gun and other variables the more points you get towards each gun. You then use the points to buy and unlock the attachments, something like a silencer would cost 100 per say(not sure how hard the points would be to earn) while a round drum or extended mags would cost 600.

*Character Customization - The ability to change the skin of your player so that the appearance will be different and unique to that of other players. This would be a new feature that the COD series never incorporated even though it has been suggested several times. Allowing you to change the look of your player could show your status and how good of a player you are. Things you can change would be special camos, hats(like fedora's and general hats) and perhaps a few special outfits.

*Bringing back juggernaut - While some players will infact disagree this is an overall useful perk. While around 95% of players most of the time use stopping power that makes the difference of ONE less bullet to kill, juggernaut balances it by canceling it out, allowing you to take ONE extra bullet before you die. Should be put back into the game.

*Killstreak-less mode - Often called the "Pro mode" this would simply be a playlist that a player can join where no one is allowed to use killstreak's this would cut down camping and allow people to focus on the objectives or getting kills for a possibly more challenging type of play.

*Old school Playlist mode - Having the old school mode like cod4 had would be amazing, would allow us older players to go WAY back into time where we all start out with a pistol and have to go around collecting our weapons and gear and if we die we start back with a pistol. Would be interesting as it would only have certain guns. I believe this one would be a MUST for public matches as its basically true skill.

*Stat tracking system - Treyarch did it for World at War so why can't we have it for Black Ops? Would be neat-o to go back and see how many kills we got on each game and with what gun etc. A must have!

*In-game clan system - Not sure how it would work, possibly some sort of sub menu like instead of the clan tag option its the 'clan' option and you can invite members and if they accept their added to the list. Maybe would be useful if added with the stat tracker or some other feature.

*Best foot forward attempt to fix lag - even if it is eventually fixed(somewhat) whenever a game is released it seems to have lag, if this is not and issue when the game is released and never becomes an issue it will make the gameplay better for everyone.

*Sniper rifle fix/hitmarkers - "If I shoot you in the head than your dead!" ~The words of a 10 year old. The snipers of course should not be a one hit kill in the leg etc(maybe some gore with higher calibers possibly?) but if its upper chest and head then they should die. Would make the game a million times better for snipers.

*Bring back higher level only lobbies - Depending on what the highest rank and level will be have it so the people that have a level in the top 1/4 or so can only join. Would give more experienced players a little more of a challenge to enjoy. Would be a playlist.

Note: Coming from a person with some networking experience I know this is not 100% possible due to the latency of your connection and the targets but having a good hit detection system would still improve it.

*Change spawns - Cmon' STOP having it so there are like 5 set spawns on each map, a designed system to randomly spawn you in the best possible location, not too close to the enemy would be a great and appreciated improvement.

*FIX Matchmaking - I am sure I can speak for everybody when I say NO ONE likes to join a game that is literally a few seconds from ending and when you join your team automatically looses and YOU get a free loss. Fair? I dont think so, many people do not like to join games that already half over so it would be a great fix if it could be done where no one joins after like the first three minutes or whatever, ultimately fix the matchmaking system in general.

*Filter System - Let us have an option to fill out a filter to what type of game we want to play. Let us select if we're willing to join a game in progress, what map we want to play on, etc. Would be simple to use yet allows us to find the lobby that we want to play in. I can see it possibly causing some problems yet it will still allow the majority of people to be pleased with the game as they are playing what they want to play and could always just disable it.

*More Camo's and Secondaries Customization - Secondary Weapon challenges are most of the time harder to complete than regular primary challenges so it would be nice to earn an award such as more unlocks and camo's for our secondary weapons as well. Perhaps maybe even a different type of skin like chrome or gold perhaps?

*Un-Scoped Snipers - Back in the days of World at War we had the option to use bolt action rifles without having to use a scope attachment. This should remain the same in Black Ops as it allows for players to choose a style when using such a gun that works the best for them. Anything from no scoping and beyond, not having to use a scope can have its benefits for players who want to use a bolt action rifle, but don't necessarily want to use a 'sniper'. This should be practical as a lot of bolt action rifles back in Black Ops time frame didn't always have a scope. Personally I think this would be nice if it worked like it did in World at War for the most part.
Last edited by bmxdude9 ; 09-19-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: updated

The following 7 users say thank you to bmxdude9 for this useful post:

Ameht!, atreyu9a7x, celtic3inarow, charlzangelz, Fionn, kleszyk, smokey2o5o
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM #56
NeedaLifeSoon
Retired Life
Hope they can tie the killstreak setup to the weapons classes. I like some varity in the killstreak rewards, but I hope they don't model MW2, with streaks out past 10 and game ending ones.C-G and AC130 should end if you are killed on the ground. This might promote more team work.
05-13-2010, 03:56 PM #57
eazi
Do a barrel roll!
i like it :3
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM #58
LuckoftheMoose
Moosalicious
In the first post it says bring juggernaut back. I think if they are going to have stopping power, then they should have juggernaut. I think the best decision though would to not have either, have guns do damage they normally should.

Also if they could fit a way to where when a specific part of the body is shot then the user should be weakened in that specific area. If you are shot in the thigh by a sniper rifle, I don't think you are going to be able to continue running. Of course to not get too deep into this, after several seconds (Like Normal), you would regain your stamina/health. It just doesn't make sense that when someone is taking bullets that they would have the same stamina/speed/strength they had before they were shot.

Originally posted by JTRaines92 View Post
JTRaines92's CoSad Awesome Black Ops Official Wishlist

Character Gender: - Let us choose our gender, there are female soldiers too, allow the girls that play the game to show that they're a girl.

Character Customization: - The ability to change what our character looks like. Let us change his/her skin color, boots, clothes, glasses, hats, etc to make your player unique. This would be for multiplayer and zombie mode if they don't bring the four zombie dudes back. We should only be able to change gender, skin tone, and voice once.

Juggernaut: - If there is Stopping Power in the game there needs to be Juggernaut as the counter part. If there is no counter part most of the people will use Stopping Power and it makes it useless, either include both perks or take them both out.

Stat Tracking: - CoD5 had it, for those who don't know what it is I'll tell you. You had a code that you had to put into the CoD5 website and after you did it it allowed you to view your stats. It showed what gun you had the most kills with, how many kills you had with each gun, etc. This was a very good thing to have and they took it out for reasons unknown.

Official Clans: - Instead of having "Clan Tags" let us have an option to make clans and invite members to it. Have clan records to see who the best clan is.

Headshots: - If you shoot anyone in the head with any gun you're gonna die. That's all there is too it, add one shot on kill headshots.

Respawn System: - Make it so that your player gets randomly spawned a certain feet away from enemies. Don't make "spawn locations", make your guy spawn however feet away from danger randomly. Hope yall understand this one...

Death Streaks: - I don't mind these until you get to max level prestige or not. If you prestige, you lose them, and if your at the last level no prestige you lose them. These are meant to help "noobs" get better. If you're 10th prestige you know how to play and don't need them.

Secondary Weapons: - Pistols/Handguns only please. Again, no one had a problem with this so why change it. Please bring it back.

Filter System: - Let us have an option to fill out a filter to what type of game we want to play. Let us select if we're willing to join a game in progress, what map we want to play on, etc.

Zombie Mode: - Make it a story, add a story for each map and make a new one for each map. Release DLC to go further into it and keep doing it for every new CoD game you make. Give us maybe 5 zombie maps to choose from at start and then release the DLC.

*I will update it and repost this with the new suggestions when I think of more. Later.[/SIZE][/I]

Most of these ideas are good. Some don't need to be added. But the player customization has been needed since CoSad Awesome 4! Also, the skin, gender, voice, etc. shouldn't have to be a one time choice, there are plastic surgeons out there, lol. Make those just cost more, anytime something is very permanent like that in a game, the player can become easily frustrated by their decision.

The headshot idea makes sense but could become very frustrating, its a lose/lose in a way.

Filter system makes sense, but needs to be a bit limited, if it gets too specific there are going to be many game lobbies dead for many maps.

With Zombies story is fine, but DLC is ridiculous. Get as much Nazi Zombie data in that game, with several maps. Having 3 DLC was $30 extra for some maps? If there is going to be more of a story let the story be finished without having to purchase more of it, that is just greed.

I have always wanted to see the official clans, that would be cool, your own area for your clan, track clan stats maybe? This would avoid having to go through gamebattles which is too obsessed with its top ranking players. It would save time and be very convenient and avoid any frustrating situations of using honesty to report who won. Also, that area for your private matches and training. With a full list of your clan, more official.
Last edited by LuckoftheMoose ; 05-14-2010 at 03:44 PM.
05-15-2010, 08:19 PM #59
Ability to vote kick players in a LOBBY
05-17-2010, 04:11 PM #60
crayoneyes
Save Point
I'd like to see a Rambo playlist where the players can only use the following setup:

Primary: LMG (belt-fed only) with no attachments
Secondary: Not to be used

Equipment/Special Grenades: Not to be used

No Kill Streaks

PERKS (here are suggestions but any choice that minimizes its own usefulness for the game are best as the point is to go bare bones)
Perk 1: Bling
Perk 2: Coldblooded
Perk 3: SitRep

Death Streak: Copycat

In this mode you can only use your LMG and only at the hip! You can use your knife too (no commando) and you have to carry it between your teeth.

Ryan
xboxlive: GGeronimo
05-18-2010, 01:55 AM #61
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
Well I think play lists like those are too specific and are more for the function of the private match system or else we will have a million play lists. I do like the "filter" idea though, would be simple to use yet allows us to find the lobby that we want to play in. I can see it possibly causing some problems yet it will still allow the majority of people to be pleased with the game as they are playing what they want to play and could always just disable it.
05-19-2010, 05:19 AM #62
They should bring back the war gamemode and the acog's old look like in cod4 and w@w
05-19-2010, 06:12 AM #63
star692640
Are you high?
definitely bring back night vision couldn't belive it wasn't in mw2 then
again there were no really dark maps but if they did bring it back they
could put some night time maps in that would be awesome ghosting
people in the dark anyone agree?
Last edited by star692640 ; 05-19-2010 at 06:17 AM.
05-19-2010, 02:09 PM #64
Audio
Chi-town
addition to the Filter System: When you join a game, and its already in progress have the option to join it or not. Sort of like MAG when you join a game thats already started, you have to press start to join the game.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo