11-10-2010, 11:59 PM #1
PHO3NIX~
Regenerated and Reborn
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If you are lagging on Black Ops and you know its not your connection causing the problem or if your the host of the game and your still lagging:
Its because there is so many people online who are using up Treyarch's server's resources
Black Ops mainly relys on p2p (peer2peer) connections between a host and other clients. But your ranks, stats, emblems, friend list info, etc... is stored on Treyarch's server's
If there is too many people playing on BO at once, the server's cant handle it and you will receive whats called a "high ping" (won't go into too much detail now)
And also, the game is running too much stuff at once for the PS3 to handle

But we can bypass high ping if we lower the amount of resources the client/host (your ps3) needs
And even when people lose interest in the game and less people are online, your PS3 will still freeze occasionally in menus and take long amount of time to load, because the PS3 can't handle Black Ops effectively

So I am going to address two things with this thread:
1. Server Latency
2. PS3 Tweaking

(If your connection is weak or you have connection problems or you don't know what post forwarding/DMZ is, then this thread isn't for you)

The only way to have a good Latency / low ping is to have a decent connection and to wait for people to lose interest in the game
When there is about 400,000 people online, the game should run smoothly once you get into a game. But this does not solve the issue of slow loading times and freezing in menu's. I am going to discuss how to lower your ping as much as you can at the moment:

The ps3 has a low amount of RAM, 256mb infact.
So it can't do much at the same time. e.g. Can only send 12 messages at a time.
So when Black Ops is constantly updating information about your friends list and your recent players, and their fileshare. And stats, and theatre mode, etc... Then its no surprise your going to experience slow loading times
So the way round it is to minimise the amount it has to do as much as possible. So delete all your received messages on your ps3. And all your sent messages. And delete all unnecessary friends from your list. This will lower your ping, and will decrease loading times in the menus and you will have slightly less lag online

Also when you are in the Playstation Network menu in multiplayer, press select and change the option to "LOCALE ONLY"

If you do as I said, this is what you can expect to happen:

Slightly faster loading times in menus on Black Ops
Your friends list on your XMB will load MUCH FASTER
Your in-game XMB will operate MUCH FASTER
Your ping will be reduced slightly in Black Ops
You will play against players in your country only, so lower ping overall and you can understand each other Winky Winky

This is confirmed to work (by me)
Black Ops was sticking for me and I was experiencing a lot of lag and freezing in menu's. Now I'm experiencing no freezing in menu's. The lag has been reduced, but there is nothing more we can do about that now until there is less strain on the server's.
My in-game XMB is opening/closing much faster
I can send messages much faster
Takes a lot less time to sign in, and my friends list is loaded much faster
Last edited by PHO3NIX~ ; 11-11-2010 at 12:28 AM.

The following 75 users say thank you to PHO3NIX~ for this useful post:

ⒿⒺⒷⓇⓄ, AgentJon, ak7, allant, aqua_73_, AristotIe-, bertieboy7, bmxrcodol04, chris48hour, codefollow, Como, conrod, Curtyy, DanGFX, dfrost182, DR-Dizzy, Draco771, eaglechamp, FLU33BR, gdnxp, glitchplz, Hazel, HeadHunterM7, higzy94, HomelandSec, Hughseyy, hussler, ibombo, ImTheBabyKicker, iownall6, J-J, jake-thesnake, Jamesyy, jay2nice000, Jteezay09, justintp918, kane212, kevymatts, lilnatsfan44, MARY JANE, mero8888, mlkey123, morgan8088, Mr Grumpy, mrguy0874, mugatu, Mw2Freak13, OllieIcon, Omniplasma, PEGGIE99, Pimp, rico4u2day2, saudi--fantom, scythemage, SleepyTuness, SnackGuy, snilletx3, Solid Snake, Thristle, toad321, TUZVIZFOLD, viralhysteria, VnmZ, Warfrog213, Wfloydboy16, WhiplashOne, Whore, xFutterr, xIAmSchwem, xKNoWL3zY--, xLew--, xStefan, xXM@DM@RCXx, Xzz-MoDz-zzX, Yozod
11-11-2010, 12:02 AM #2
xd366
find me on twitter now
thats a good thought. but it still depends on more factors. like your internet connection or the host's connection. Smile
11-11-2010, 12:02 AM #3
Best post of the day.

The following user thanked Omniplasma for this useful post:

J-J
11-11-2010, 12:02 AM #4
t0asty
Web Dev / Security
You must login or register to view this content.
11-11-2010, 12:03 AM #5
Howdoh
NextGenHoward.
Nice Smile thanks i might try this out tomorrow if the lag is still going on Smile :y:
11-11-2010, 12:07 AM #6
PHO3NIX~
Regenerated and Reborn
Originally posted by xd366 View Post
thats a good thought. but it still depends on more factors. like your internet connection or the host's connection. Smile

As I said in the post:
"(If your connection is weak or you have connection problems or you don't know what post forwarding/DMZ is, then this thread isn't for you)"

And Black Ops uses a new way of picking hosts and it always picks the host with the best latency to all other players and the server
I know this because I boosted on COD4, COD5, MW2 and we used to lock lobbies 24/7

Black Ops has made it impossible to do this now because the host system is much better and its harder to lock lobbies

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Originally posted by Howard View Post
Nice Smile thanks i might try this out tomorrow if the lag is still going on Smile :y:

I assure you the lag will still carry on for at least another 2 days
But even when it's gone, your still going to have a freezing PS3, and slow menu times. And your PS3 friends list will still take ages to appear when you sign in, and your in-game XMB will still take a long time to open/close

These are things that can never be fixed due to the PS3's low RAM

This is why I ensure that I have 0 messages sent/received and I my friends list is minimal every night

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Originally posted by AceVirus View Post
Best post of the day.

Thank you
certainly the most relevant post of the day

Black Ops is not Call of Duty with all this lag

The following user thanked PHO3NIX~ for this useful post:

Howdoh
11-11-2010, 12:42 AM #7
Whore
< ^ > < ^ >
thanks.....i hope this helps<><><><nice post btw
11-11-2010, 12:46 AM #8
CHAOZ
Banned
You must login or register to view this content.

There you go Winky Winky
11-11-2010, 02:39 AM #9
VnmZ
Haxor!
Thanks man,This should help alot as I'm from Ireland and get into alot of US servers and experience alot of lag.Hopefully nomore =D

+Rep
11-11-2010, 09:31 AM #10
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
I'm from Ireland too but, If I do but if i change my server to locale only then I'll only play people from Ireland...This would take longer to find a game :/

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo