06-08-2010, 06:29 PM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I think it would be possible to put the edited PKG back onto PS3 using this tool. But i probably forgot about something stopping this working. Close if irrellivant.

PS3 PKG Backup Tool

A hacker by the name of Giulio1992 has just released his PS3 PKG Backup Tool. So what does this tool do? It basically renames a .PKG file to archive_00.dat, and allows it to be installed on the PS3 via PS3 system backup method. In theory we would be able to place any .PKG file into the backup, and install/restore the backup VIA PS3.

Here are two videos of this in action:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zv-lfnbNj4]YouTube - Exploit PS3 Backup Tool[/ame]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_206TIgIGcQ]YouTube - Exploit PS3 Backup Tool (.PKG) FiXED[/ame]

Tutorial:

1. Run the 'run.bat' file.
2. This will rename ANY .pkg file to archive_00.dat
3. Copy the archive_00.dat file into the same dir as your ps3 system backup
4. Install the backup

Download Link:
You must login or register to view this content.

It just seems a little too straightforward to me though. Also this is quite old so someone on here would have tried right? Happy
Last edited by DEREKTROTTER ; 06-08-2010 at 07:19 PM.
06-08-2010, 06:39 PM #2
Fezous
Space Ninja
This will Help :0 Thanks Man , So we dont have to buy a sata cable and that sh*****t
06-08-2010, 06:42 PM #3
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by xCoNNoRx View Post
This will Help :0 Thanks Man , So we dont have to buy a sata cable and that sh*****t

i'm not too sure

but we have to find a way to get into the PKG to edit it first
06-08-2010, 06:44 PM #4
Fezous
Space Ninja
you cant edit the pkg File it like impossiable ive tryed all day:( im not giving up yet
06-08-2010, 06:45 PM #5
Mirciulikkk
Climbing up the ladder
Nice find, but wouldn't it be easier for us to enable "Show known file extensions"and replace the ".pkg" with ".dat" and after copy that to the same dir as the PS3 System Backup?
06-08-2010, 06:47 PM #6
PWNERKING
Bounty hunter
Yes thats what needed Smile

Got my mw2 pkg only need to decrypt it eddit the patch and put it all together and use this program:rolleyes:
06-08-2010, 06:47 PM #7
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by Mirciulikkk View Post
Nice find, but wouldn't it be easier for us to enable "Show known file extensions"and replace the ".pkg" with ".dat" and after copy that to the same dir as the PS3 System Backup?

thats like changing an mp3 into a video, i think this actually converts it
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM #8
The-Don
I defeated!
Originally posted by . View Post
thats like changing an mp3 into a video, i think this actually converts it

Okay but how do we decrypt it?
06-08-2010, 07:02 PM #9
Mirciulikkk
Climbing up the ladder
Can you please post a direct download link as I can't bust ass to register there too. Please Sad Awesome
06-08-2010, 07:10 PM #10
fightinillini94
Climbing up the ladder
I have looked into this program and I have seen some threads on another site calling this program fake. Here is the link to the thread: You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo