08-30-2010, 02:40 AM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

You must login or register to view this content.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

***More Info***
I just discovered that the default_mp.self tells the EBOOT.BIN what to execute. Every game has a default.self and a default_mp.self. So basically the file is telling the EBOOT to give us a syntax error. If you find out more please post a reply.

***Default_mp.xex download***
Here is the link

I will post a .self file. Non modded/patched for you guys to look at also. After awhile of course.

***Default_mp.self download***
Here is the link (Special Thanks to MacDaddy4sure)
Last edited by Rath ; 09-05-2010 at 09:51 PM.

The following 41 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

-Luis7uarez-, Okami, $oulja, 3arc, bertieboy7, bogenog, boombrshot, BuC-ShoTz, FireWire, GNDOOOR_KILLER, hichi, idkfa8, ihaxgames, iPooPublic, jb2203, JDP MODZz, juddylovespizza, kjoshi, LOL CAT, Macdaddy4sure, MasonF123, Maty360414, Mezzid, NeglectFate, NOTANOOB, Peirau, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, CHAOZ, Sandyballz, skitterz, SoLDieRDaP, St0rM, teeth08, TheJaRniBoi, TheSpoken, TheUnkn0wn, xAlex_, xEnhancer, xX_UmP45_Xx, XxprokillahxX
08-30-2010, 02:49 AM #2
Originally posted by Kingcr3b View Post
If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

He's right, because you also see that the people have to create a xex menu on xbox to run the unsign code...

Oh yeah if anyone is wondering how you would get the .self use (SAK)
Last edited by GNDOOOR_KILLER ; 08-30-2010 at 02:54 AM.
08-30-2010, 03:42 AM #3
Slave of the sky.
I see the logic behind this but ehh..this is all racking my brain.

Off topic: Where you been Rathlos? Ain't heard from you in a while.
08-30-2010, 04:23 AM #4
ThisIsBio
LiquiDΔx
That is why you extract the default_mp.self and inject it back in *after you edit*. Is that how you hack world at war on xbox ?
08-30-2010, 06:12 AM #5
DiJiTaLNiCk
BaLLiN' STaTuS
Alright sorry to bust ur bubble. But good luck accessing the .self
After u have accessed it, good luck modding it since u may think the .xex is the same as a .self but there actually quite different and have different encoding and decoding methods.
After U have modded it, good luck getting it to run. Since the .self is on the MW2 disc. U will need to run the game off a HDD. But from what i heard PS Jailbreak is not compatible with MW2

So that screws us every which way. But good work for the thoery but it will tak eu months and months to crack it. Well right now its impossible because we cant run .iso's off HDD.
08-30-2010, 07:11 AM #6
everyone flamed me when i posted a thread on this... bullcrap... but thanks dude
08-30-2010, 10:50 AM #7
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by XxprokillahxX View Post
everyone flamed me when i posted a thread on this... bullcrap... but thanks dude

everyone's always flaming on NGU, u shouldn't care Winky Winky
08-30-2010, 10:52 AM #8
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
everyone's always flaming on NGU, u shouldn't care Winky Winky

haha made me laugh Happy but very true
08-30-2010, 10:58 AM #9
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
xD
anyways, i'm hurting my brains trying to think of a way to inject the codes.. obviously you have to do this while the game is running (like injection on pc, unmodded game, just inject & GOOOO)
but the number of things u can do while a game is running.. is very limited & I can't think of anything.. :s
08-30-2010, 11:28 AM #10
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
So, use SAK to get the default_mp.self and use tool to remove security checks.

Then the modified patch should work right Cool Man (aka Tustin)

The following user thanked DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

skitterz

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo