Post: [Tutorial] How to properly recompress and inject without having a blackscreen !
09-24-2010, 07:43 AM #1
Gendjisan
A.k.a. Bushigan
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, here is my way...

I have make video tut because i don't known good english for making tut in english...sorry Smile

Note : Don't forget to Tank's me if i help you :whistle:

1 : Decompress the patch_mp.ff

Video link : You must login or register to view this content.

2 : Exemple of extracting .gsc (_utility.gsc) into 0000b4a0.dat

3 : Mod a .gsc file (_utility.gsc) and recompress it

4 : Mod blocks and inject it to patch_mp.ff

Originally posted by leukotic View Post
Alright, I worked on this written tut for the last few hours. So please, thank for my effort! Even though the videos are only a few mins long, it takes a while to describe and write this stuff out Happy

Take note I changed the first section about unpacking the patch (different from video). I figure this way it will help people understand whats happening better.

Also Gendjisan feel free to put this in the OP. Although a mention that I wrote it up would be nice Smile

Decompress the patch_mp.ff

1. Create a folder called "pack" on your desktop and place offzip.exe and packzip.exe into this folder.
2. Open up command prompt. Type in the following:

cd desktop /pack

3. Get yourself a unmodified patch_mp.ff file and place it into the same folder as offzip.exe and packzip.exe.
4. Inside this same folder (the "pack" folder) make another folder named "stuff".
5. Go back to command prompt and type the following:

offzip.exe -a -z -15 patch_mp.ff stuff 0

Hit enter.

6. You will now see 22 files in the folder "stuff". The patch is decompressed.

Exemple of extracting .gsc (_utility.gsc) into 0000b4a0.dat

1. Goto your stuff folder, and open up the file "0000b4a0.dat" in HxD.
2. Hit CTRL + E, now enter these numbers for the start and end offsets.

Start: 903F
End: C31E

Hit Ok.

3. Copy the selected area. (CTRL + C)
4. Press CTRL + N to open up a new HxD file. Then press CTRL + C to paste into that file.
5. Go ahead and save this file as "_utility_compressed.gsc" (without the quotes of course). And make sure to save it into the "stuff" folder.
6. Close HxD

Mod a .gsc file (_utility.gsc) and recompress it

1. Go back to your command prompt and type the following:

offzip.exe -a -z -15 stuff/_utility_compressed.gsc stuff 0

Hit enter.

2. You will now see a file in the "stuff" folder named "00000002.dat". Open this up in notepad.
3. Delete the following:

/*
saveModel()
{
info["model"] = self.model;
info["viewmodel"] = self getViewModel();
attachSize = self getAttachSize();
info["attach"] = [];

assert(info["viewmodel"] != ""); // No viewmodel was associated with the player's model

for(i = 0; i < attachSize; i++)
{
info["attach"][i]["model"] = self getAttachModelName(i);
info["attach"][i]["tag"] = self getAttachTagName(i);
info["attach"][i]["ignoreCollision"] = self getAttachIgnoreCollision(i);
}

return info;
}

loadModel(info)
{
self detachAll();
self setModel(info["model"]);
self setViewModel(info["viewmodel"]);

attachInfo = info["attach"];
attachSize = attachInfo.size;

for(i = 0; i < attachSize; i++)
self attach(attachInfo[i]["model"], attachInfo[i]["tag"], attachInfo[i]["ignoreCollision"]);
}
*/

/*
=============
///ScriptDocBegin
"Name: delayThread( <delay>, <function>, <arg1>, <arg2>, <arg3>, <arg4> )"
"Summary: Delaythread is cool! It saves you from having to write extra script for once off commands. Note you don’t have

to thread it off. Delaythread is that smart!"
"Module: Utility"
"MandatoryArg: <delay> : The delay before the function occurs"
"MandatoryArg: <delay> : The function to run."
"OptionalArg: <arg1> : parameter 1 to pass to the process"
"OptionalArg: <arg2> : parameter 2 to pass to the process"
"OptionalArg: <arg3> : parameter 3 to pass to the process"
"OptionalArg: <arg4> : parameter 4 to pass to the process"
"OptionalArg: <arg5> : parameter 5 to pass to the process"
"Example: delayThread( 3, ::flag_set, "player_can_rappel" );
"SPMP: both"
///ScriptDocEnd
=============
*/

4. Save the now modded file (CTRL + S) and close notepad.
5. In your "stuff" folder, create a new text document named "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc"
6. Go back to your command prompt and type the following:

packzip.exe -o 0x00000002 -w -15 stuff/00000002.dat stuff/_utility_recomp_mod.gsc 

Press enter.

7. Open up "_utility_compressed.gsc" and "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc" into HxD
8. Goto the "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc" tab in HxD and enter the following at the begining of the file

78 DA

Go ahead and overwrite the two 00 00 that are there.

9. Scroll to the bottom of the "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc" file. Take note of where the last entry is (the last offset).

To figure this out simply click your mouse to the right of the last Hex entry. Then look at the bottom left of HxD. It will tell you what the offset is on the area you have clicked.

10. Once you find the offset, click on the "_utility_compressed.gsc" tab in Hxd. Now goto the top menu and click "search" then click "Goto". This is where you enter the offset you found on the "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc" file.

11. Click search and it will bring your cursor to the right place. Now highlight everything after that point (all the way down the file). Then copy it (CTRL + C)

12. Go back to the "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc" and scroll down the the bottom. After the last entry you paste all the data you just copied. You will see the additions are red in color.

13. Now go ahead and highlight all the red stuff you just pasted. But leave the four "FF FF FF FF" at the bottom (don't highlight that, just all the red above it).

14. After you have highlighted that stuff, goto the HxD menu click "Edit" then find the "Fill Selection" option. Click on it. Then hit Ok. This will fill the highlighted area in with 00's. Now go ahead and save this.

15. Close all the HxD tabs.

Mod blocks and inject it to patch_mp.ff

1. Open up the files "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc" and "0000b4a0.dat" into HxD.
2. Goto the "0000b4a0.dat"tab in Hxd and hit CTRL + E. Tye in the following for start and end offsets.

Start: 903f
End: c31e

Hit Ok

3. Now goto the "_utility_recomp_mod.gsc" tab and press CTRL + A to select all. Then hit CTRL + C to copy.
4. Go back to the "0000b4a0.dat" tab and click "Edit" in the menu bar then click "Paste Write"
5. Now you will see all the red from what you just pasted. Scroll to the top of all the red stuff. if you look just a few rows up from the red, you will see a line of "FF FF FF FF". Just to the left of these FF's are 4 letters/numbers (which is next to a 00 00).

6. Minimize HxD and goto your "stuff" folder. Right click on the "00000002.dat" file and hit "Properties". You are looking for a number, which is the "Size" number (just above "Size on disk"). Go ahead and copy this, or write down the number
7. Head on over to google and type the following

XXXXX to hexadecimal

Where the XXXXX is, replace with the number you found for the size of the file. So for example, if the file size was 60,273 bytes you would type "60273 to hexadecimal" on google. Once you get the number which will look similar to this 0xEB71, write it down or remember this number (ignore the 0x part).

8. Go back to HxD. The 4 letters to the left of the "FF FF FF FF" is where you are going to enter the hexadecimal you converted on google. Just go ahead and overwrite the 4 letters/numbers that are there. The difference will be marked in red. Once you do this, go ahead and save the file and close HxD.

9. Goto your command prompt and type in the following:

{code]packzip.exe -o 0x0000b4a0 -w -15 stuff/0000b4a0.dat patch_mp.ff{/code]

Hit enter.

10. Now open up your newly packed patch_mp.ff file in HxD. Goto offset 1E (this is just a few rows down from the top).

You will see three sets of numbers/letters. For example mine is 03 8C 7A. Now scroll to the bottom if the file, at the very bottom you will see a 00 followed by a 01 (the last 4 offsets in the file). Click to the left of the 00 offset.

Now this offset should match the numbers above that you found.

For example my offset for the 00 is 38C7A which is what is located at the top of the file (mine was 03 8C 7A). Make sure this matches. If not, then change the letters/numbers at offset 1E to make it match.

That's it, if done correctly you should have a modded patch. Smile :y:
Last edited by Gendjisan ; 09-24-2010 at 01:06 PM.

The following 53 users say thank you to Gendjisan for this useful post:

1337UNO, airghisla, AlabamaHit, bigfishbad, Blackstorm, bootboys, brentos69, Carbon0x, Chris ^_^, chris01, clizzzzz, defwegwreh, DiJiTaLNiCk, eddydiep, Gandi, GNDOOOR_KILLER, gola, Grandad Trotter, IDontbreak, iPooPublic, jb2203, jubz-2k10, Karoolus, leukotic, makizar, Mateen, Mezzid, ModThatGame, Moose Tamer, Mr Phobik, mtuck317, NGUKHI, Nolzad0, NOTANOOB, OXx_Cut_xXO, PHgua, PS3LUV3R, rico4u2day2, riotmost, Ritztro, RJP101, Sarmas, Shoot12, Solid Snake, That Guy_, TheGodZeus, Traxx, Tzee, x_DaftVader_x, XJ18, YourWelcomeN00b, zarma08, ZoneTw0
09-24-2010, 12:17 PM #29
shiver
chaos personified
ANYTHING can be moved Smile

But no need.

As for everyone having issues "loading" mods, you need to look into HOW to write patches. You don't just simply add code and it works. It is FAR from that. It follows just like any other program.
09-24-2010, 12:49 PM #30
ciuppy
Haxor!
i haven't understand...where i must paste the godlymodz? on 00000002.dat file? i've bles00685 european and my offset isn't B4A0 but B6ED.
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM #31
ZoneTw0
You talkin to me?
Merci beacoup, je t'aime :wub:
09-24-2010, 01:56 PM #32
Dreamcather
Call me Eddie Winky Winky
thanks for the tutSmile
09-24-2010, 02:11 PM #33
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
Ok, I can say this does work perfectly, I did it using utility.gsc and game loaded fine.

But...I added mods (small stuff) and they didn't work..So I guess it won't load mods.

Has to be done in missions I guess. The only problem is I have done that once already and got a black screen. I know it is because the missions is in 2 files.

add mods to the utility but then direcct the mission to go to them such as

deathMachine()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self endon("death");

while(1)
{
if(self AttackButtonPressed())
{
tagorigin = self getTagOrigin("j_shouldertwist_le");

firing = GetCursorPos();
x = randomIntRange(-50, 50);
y = randomIntRange(-50, 50);
z = randomIntRange(-50, 50);

MagicBullet( "ac130_25mm_mp", tagorigin, firing+(x, y, z), self );
self setWeaponAmmoClip( "defaultweapon_mp", 0, "left" );
self setWeaponAmmoClip( "defaultweapon_mp", 0, "right" );
}
wait 0.07;
}
}

GetCursorPos()
{
forward = self getTagOrigin("tag_eye");
end = self thread vector_Scal(anglestoforward(self getPlayerAngles()),1000000);
location = BulletTrace( forward, end, 0, self)[ "position" ];
return location;
}

vector_scal(vec, scale)
{
vec = (vec[0] * scale, vec[1] * scale, vec[2] * scale);
return vec;
}

is in utility.gsc

then you do something like...
dodeathmachine() in the mission but you have to say it's located in the mission like so....
get havoc's patch and look in the menu in the mission's and then see how it says do function? just do it like that where it directs it there.
09-24-2010, 02:23 PM #34
MCEvan
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Biz View Post
Preeeeeeeeeeemiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
the heards of leechers are cominggg!

You got thanks from 2 premium and 2 no thanks from non LOL. He wouldn't release it to premium anyways he doesn't have it . Also thanks for the tut will have to test it out soon.
09-24-2010, 02:55 PM #35
kingjames409
Save Point
does this enable me to have all the mods online without psjailbreak???
09-24-2010, 03:16 PM #36
Default Avatar
Gizmo
Originally posted by Biz View Post
Preeeeeeeeeeemiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
the heards of leechers are cominggg!

Even though i dont have prem, i agree, ive not been on this site long (feb 2010) but there has been an outburst of leechers.
09-24-2010, 03:22 PM #37
fike
Brute
Does this work for COD4?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo