06-16-2009, 07:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been thinking a lot about this and have come up with a new theory on who you will be playing as in Modern Warfare 2.

In Call of Duty 4, the Marine character you played as, "Sgt. Paul Jackson", apparently died in a nuclear explosion near the end of the game.

Now let's just say by some miraculous event that Sgt. Jackson somehow survived that blast. I mean, we never saw him die, just pass out. Let's just say maybe a chopper came in after the blast and picked him up, who knows, but let's just say he survived. A fitting nickname for anyone who has survived a nuclear blast would be "Roach" because as most of us know, if there ever were a nuclear blast, roaches would be the only creature to survive(this is scientifically proven).

Now, Task Force 141 is a group of the best SAS, Navy Seals, MARINES, etc. formed together to complete a task.

Also, the name, Gary "Roach" Sanderson we saw in the demo is just a placeholder and will not be the name of the main character in the retail version of the game. Which leaves me to wonder why would they (IW) do that? I'm sure they know the name of the main character by now so why did they use an alternate name in the demo? Because they want it to be a surprise for the fans, that's why! Winky Winky

Here is my theory: Sgt. Paul Jackson survived the nuclear explosion in Modern Warfare 1 giving him the nickname "Roach". He has been chosen to be a part of Task Force 141 for his experience, and is the playable character in Modern Warfare 2. Flame on!

EDIT:

I'm reading these responses to everyone saying "KIA", "KIA", "KIA"! Well in the mission the nuke (or reactor) explodes, the chopper crashes, and you (sgt. Paul Jackson) get up and walk around (which tells me he is not seriously injured from the crash) and collapses.

Right after this event, the HQ declares Paul Jackson as KIA (killed in action). Now I believe that they might have jumped the gun and called him KIA simply because a nuke exploded near his vicinity and they simply lost contact with him.

They (HQ) had no way of knowing he was alive becuause he had no way to communicate back to them after the crash.

A few hours later they send a crew out to study the damage and casualties and, low and behold, they find Sgt. Paul Jackson barely hanging to life.

So they could have presumed him KIA but later found him alive Winky Winky

I have edited the original post to include this so every first time reader can see it.
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM #2
Why would he be in MW2? He was part of the US Campaign anyway and I doubt he will be in the British Campaign in MW2 if there is one. Besides in Call of Duty 4 the screen is glowing red and he was making painful noises when he was in the helicopter, and everyone in that area and chopper were dead and then at the end he saw the light. "See the Light" means you die! Also, investigators couldn't enter the area where the explosion was because they would die as well.

Also, why would he be given the nickname "Roach" if he actually survived it?
06-16-2009, 08:39 PM #3
Originally posted by GScott09 View Post
...Also, why would he be given the nickname "Roach" if he actually survived it?

cockroaches survive nuclear blasts, and so maybe Jackson did
06-16-2009, 09:15 PM #4
Good Story, but if roach is a brit, and jackson was a yank, then that woudnt work....
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM #5
Cute Poisen
Who’s Jim Erased?
Good theory, but I still think Roach will be a new guy.
06-16-2009, 10:09 PM #6
Karnage
♦ The Real KR ♦
Guys he dident make this.. someone posted this on IW fourms 1 weak ago.. and dude give credit to maker of this theory..
06-17-2009, 11:34 AM #7
[quote='[iRx]Thyrsta;319548']cockroaches survive nuclear blasts, and so maybe Jackson did[/quote]

nah they dont

mythbusters did it and they died with in 3 hours of constant radiation
06-17-2009, 06:33 PM #8
The Low Key OG
still the same OG, but I've been low key
Thats good thinking but im not sure he has a different name
06-17-2009, 08:05 PM #9
Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
Guys he dident make this.. someone posted this on IW fourms 1 weak ago.. and dude give credit to maker of this theory..
Yeah, just yesterday I was reading the guy's thread. You copied the the exact post word for word.
06-19-2009, 02:05 AM #10
BubbaBBQ_JR
Who’s Jim Erased?
i was thinking too, tht on the epilogue the mission on the plane (in cod:mw) the guy u need to get a civilian and tht might be Roach.

the guy thts the civilian is Roach?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo