06-16-2009, 08:24 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I just read the Game Informer article about MW2, and there was a small section that said that the developers are going to try to make it so that you can become "famous" in online MP. I was thinking that this might be similar to recon armor in Halo. I heard that there will be a feature to save killcams. If you get, say, an amazing sniper kill, you could send your tape in to IW, and they might give you a special ghillie suit that would be instantly recognizable, and you would be "famous." This could also tie in with the possible character customization suggested by Xx_Fearless_xX in this thread: You must login or register to view this content. I have also heard other places that there may be character customization, and I think that this would be a really cool feature to have.
Last edited by Thyrsta ; 06-16-2009 at 08:54 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Thyrsta for this useful post:

'SpeCâ„¢, AgentJon, Newfie, NGU_swat097, NGURichiee
06-17-2009, 06:10 PM #11
Originally posted by kingamerica2 View Post
Dude that wuld be really cool if you got "recon" in mf2...but people will def. cheat to get it.

you wouldnt be able to cheat though. The only way you could get it would be by sending a tape of one of your kills in to IW
06-17-2009, 06:14 PM #12
CA5U4LTY
Pokemon Trainer
FINALLY!!
I never got a cap card, and ive done so much unbelievable stuff by accident that i wish i had on video. Now, ill finally have a way to record my ninja moves Smile
06-17-2009, 08:06 PM #13
I really doubt this because think about how many people would be sending their killcam videos....it would be endless...IW won't be able to handle it and also won't have time because they probably starting MW3 as soon as MW2 is released...maybe however they might put some sort of system that recognizes certain achievements that a player makes in-game therefore rewarding him with rare features e.g accessories/clothes...but is going to be difficult to organize and setup...
Last edited by F-zeroX ; 06-17-2009 at 08:13 PM.
06-18-2009, 11:55 AM #14
boss10000
Like A.....
Originally posted by zeroX View Post
I really doubt this because think about how many people would be sending their killcam videos....it would be endless...IW won't be able to handle it and also won't have time because they probably starting MW3 as soon as MW2 is released...maybe however they might put some sort of system that recognizes certain achievements that a player makes in-game therefore rewarding him with rare features e.g accessories/clothes...but is going to be difficult to organize and setup...

in other words challenges which give you cloths instead of XP plus there might be some stuff to go with colectors edition but if they did this most people would go for black or ghillie suits they would have to make it work like in RSV2 or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 that system worked except for when you shoot your team mates because there name didnt come you and wasted a clip and gave away your postion but hay little things
Last edited by boss10000 ; 06-18-2009 at 11:58 AM.
06-18-2009, 11:59 AM #15
flash_gordon112
Bounty hunter
yeah, this rumor has been floating around since they annouced it so, theres no surprise there.
06-19-2009, 03:45 PM #16
Originally posted by boss10000 View Post
in other words challenges which give you cloths instead of XP plus there might be some stuff to go with colectors edition but if they did this most people would go for black or ghillie suits they would have to make it work like in RSV2 or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 that system worked except for when you shoot your team mates because there name didnt come you and wasted a clip and gave away your postion but hay little things

but challenges are usually nothing hard to do, so wearing clothes you may get from challenges wouldn't make you famous whatsoever, Unless they had crazy hard challenges like "do a 360 degree collateral noscope" or something like that.

Besides, one of the developers said in an interview that there would be a system to make people famous, not just have clothing that is relatively easy to obtain

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo