Post: MW3 Will Run New IW5 Engine, Feature Quickscoping, re-balanced explosives and more!
06-10-2011, 08:16 PM #1
Mateen
pretty chill guy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Over at reddit, fourzerotwo, or Robert Bowling has confirmed MW3 will run a new "IW5" engine. From what I have seen so far, this game looks like it is going to be awesome. In essence, it will be a balance of Mw2 and Cod4, exactly what I am looking for.

I outlined some answers, but to catch the whole thing, hit the link!
You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.
Second Chance is no more!
Originally posted by another user
All of the above. None of those are perks in Modern Warfare 3.

This runs on the MW3 engine, which would typically be named IW5 but out of respect of our co-development partners at Sledgehammer games we are simply referring to it as the MW3 engine. It is upgraded from the engine we used in Modern Warfare 2. There have been a lot of advances, mostly in streaming tech to allow us to get the scale of levels we're doing in Modern Warfare 3 and maintain gameplay consistency with the framerate and smoothness. We've got a lot of audio stuff mostly adding situational awareness like bullet wizzbys and other subtle upgrades. A lot of lighting stuff updates as well.

Quickscoping will be back!
Currently, you can still quick scope in Modern Warfare 3. Keep in mind though, multiplayer is always changing at this stage (new perks, new balancing, new everything all the time based on feedback), however our philosophy on that hasn't changed since MW2.

There will also be no Dive to Prone in MW3
No, there is no dive to prone in Modern Warfare 3.

Knife Lunge will be reduced as well!
Yes, and we've removed Commando

Noob Tubes and explosives have been re-balanced
Explosives as a whole have been re-balanced to make them the support tool they're intended to be not a primary weapon of attack.

Both PS3 and Xbox will run at 600p and 60fps!!
The frame rate (always above 60 FPS) and resolution will be the same across all platforms.

Also, MW3 plans to promote team based gameplay
I completely agree and we have changed a lot of how XP, match bonus, challenges, rewards, and other incentives are distributed in objective gameplay, much on how we are encouraging gun on gun gameplay in TDM modes, in objective modes we are making it so being an objective focused player in objective gametypes.
Furthermore, we have focused a lot of the new equipment additions in multiplayer to make sure were giving the objective player just as many tools to be better at playing the objective focused gametypes as we do a TDM player.
Its not all about kills, we have to reward the defender of a bomb site, the flag runner, and the guy covering the flag runner, more so than the guy just getting kills and never going near the objective points.
I read you loud and clear and while I can't go into further detail, this has been addressed.
I'm a hardcore SnD player and a Dom player after that.

PS3 version will also prevent random users from joining private matches...

We've been doing a lot of work on private match, especially on PS3 and plan to address this issue for you.
Last edited by Mateen ; 06-12-2011 at 01:33 AM.

The following 36 users say thank you to Mateen for this useful post:

amplif1er, AnthonyINFAMOUS, Assassin, b0snian, Blackstorm, Church_Chicken, Curtyy, dela_tiges12, Det0x, dkfallen, Dolphin, dubeyduck, Eminem., FrOzTi, gokugamer, Hadenkin, himpmund, ImTrippinHoes, L☺L, MarioDaKid, User23434, Omfg Jon, owningU, Platinum G, preditor-_-kiil, Spectre., Spraze, Stack0verfl0w, SUPERIMIAINI, Swade, Thristle, Tree, Trout, KFC, Wondoh
07-24-2011, 10:24 PM #65
Jrichman
Gym leader
be cool if u can edit ur own title and emblem ....
07-25-2011, 12:02 AM #66
TheBdonski
Do a barrel roll!
Woot, I love quicscoping
07-25-2011, 12:34 AM #67
JonnyWilson_1
J O N N Y W I L S O N 1
Thanks 4 The Info! xD
07-25-2011, 05:58 AM #68
Awesome! Sounds like it's gonna be pretty balanced...
07-25-2011, 06:53 AM #69
XDev
Banned
Now all we need is dual rocket launchers and the game will be balanced
08-02-2011, 12:20 AM #70
nbreznov
Do a barrel roll!
quickscoping!!!
08-04-2011, 02:56 AM #71
njdave684
america runs on crack
this game is gonna turn into everyone quickscoping just like cod4 and mw2, fuk that.
Last edited by njdave684 ; 08-04-2011 at 02:59 AM.

The following user groaned njdave684 for this awful post:

Assassin
08-04-2011, 10:48 PM #72
I think i am happy about everything on there except quickscoping but it would also be nice if the PS3 could have a higher resolution because it can handle it.
08-05-2011, 07:47 PM #73
i dont know what a IW5 engine is but it sounds sexy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo