10-28-2011, 04:08 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Important information

You must login or register to view this content.

If you have pre-ordered from Game
you will not recieve your game early, i recieved a email from game illustrating this :

Here is the email

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for preordering Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition from GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of Modern Warfare 3 we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you in time
for launch day. As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your payment card a
little earlier than usual.

If your payment is processed successfully you will receive an email letting you know that your
order is on its way. Your order won't reach you early, the email just means it's being held ready for
delivery on launch day.

If there is a problem with your order you may receive an email informing you that your order
has been cancelled. This could be due to a problem with your payment method. If your order
is cancelled in this way please check that your payment details are correct and place a new
order at You must login or register to view this content.

Modern Warfare 3 is released on 8th November and Activision, who publish it, have worked very
hard to make it the biggest gaming launch ever. They have requested that no UK retailer despatch
Modern Warfare 3 before the 7th November and GAME along with all reputable retailers will respect
this request. Your order is being despatched by ParcelForce who have a 99.2% next
day delivery rate. We will ensure that your order is despatched via ParcelForce in time for release day.
Please note that all courier tracking numbers wont be active until the evening before launch.

If you have any questions about this check out our Call of Duty FAQ at You must login or register to view this content.

Remember, by preordering from GAME.co.uk you have not only secured your Exclusive intel pack,
but if you are a Reward Card customer, you will also receive Double Reward Points on Modern Warfare 3.
Your intel pack will also be despatched on the same day but will be in a different package.
11-01-2011, 02:20 AM #38
BOOMSHAKALAKA
KILLERS DON'T DIE SO EASY
Originally posted by sunce99 View Post
i asked Game the guy said 70% of people will get it a day eariler ?

I had a feeling what was in the email wasn't going to actually happen, I reckon they'll ship the games earlier than the day before but make out they will to keep activision happy and act like they're adhering to the rules.
Makes sense because there would be way too many games shipped all on the same day, I doubt game would have the resources.
11-01-2011, 09:00 AM #39
Originally posted by BOOMSHAKALAKA View Post
I had a feeling what was in the email wasn't going to actually happen, I reckon they'll ship the games earlier than the day before but make out they will to keep activision happy and act like they're adhering to the rules.
Makes sense because there would be way too many games shipped all on the same day, I doubt game would have the resources.

GAME don't need "resources" they don't have to do anything, 50-60 Royal Mail and Parcel Force Lorries / Vans come and pick it up from the warehouse in Basing-stoke and The games will be shipped to More Local shipping centers, they will be then delivered from those centers on the 7th Smile but there is a big chance that a few pallets get delivered early to clear up room in the holding centers :p .
11-01-2011, 09:23 AM #40
BOOMSHAKALAKA
Originally posted by Weescotty View Post
GAME don't need "resources" they don't have to do anything, 50-60 Royal Mail and Parcel Force Lorries / Vans come and pick it up from the warehouse in Basing-stoke and The games will be shipped to More Local shipping centers, they will be then delivered from those centers on the 7th Smile but there is a big chance that a few pallets get delivered early to clear up room in the holding centers :p .

Ah right, well it sounds like you know more than me, I was just speculating.

As you say though, I think there will be some sent early regardless of the rules activision have made.

The following user thanked BOOMSHAKALAKA for this useful post:

Weescotty
11-01-2011, 09:48 AM #41
Ah right, well it sounds like you know more than me, I was just speculating.

As you say though, I think there will be some sent early regardless of the rules activision have made.

Yea i think a few thousand may get it early :p
11-01-2011, 10:15 AM #42
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
This is from shopto.net

Due to restrictions in place by the publisher we (and all other retails) will be dispatching this on the Monday 7th November. Most Royal Mail deliveries are next working day though so this should reach you for release.

Regards,

Antony

It seems the best option is midnight release

The following user thanked DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

Pixie Lott
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM #43
xfear-Und3ad
Bounty hunter
get it from harvey norman its only $80 in australia i think
11-01-2011, 10:37 AM #44
BOOMSHAKALAKA
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
This is from shopto.net

Due to restrictions in place by the publisher we (and all other retails) will be dispatching this on the Monday 7th November. Most Royal Mail deliveries are next working day though so this should reach you for release.

Regards,

Antony

It seems the best option is midnight release

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my online pre order and going in store to game and pre ordering it again so I can pick it up instore.

Does the double xp only come with the online pre orders?
11-01-2011, 10:41 AM #45
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my online pre order and going in store to game and pre ordering it again so I can pick it up instore.

Does the double xp only come with the online pre orders?

Well it comes with the Intel pack which is exclusive to pre orders I think.
Did u ring em up, see.if u could.collect at midnight?
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM #46
BOOMSHAKALAKA
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
Well it comes with the Intel pack which is exclusive to pre orders I think.
Did u ring em up, see.if u could.collect at midnight?

Yep, I phoned them and they said if you go in store and pre order you can collect it at midnight, providing they are doing a midnight release of course, so make sure you ask them that first.

All of my local game stores are doing midnight launch but some are saying there's no stock of the Hardened whatsoever and others are saying there is, so I think it's store dependent at the moment as to stock availability.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo