Post: Learning to program in C++, a video tutorial series
08-21-2011, 04:28 AM #1
Skyeshatter
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone, my name is Damien, a reformed hacker (went to jail, did some time, and have since decided that it sucked), and computer programmer / college student.

I've been making C++ tutorials for a couple months now, and figured that this community could use people actually contributing content that helps people get closer to being contributing members than just leeches. So without further adieu, here's a listing of all the tutorials that I've made thus far. I will be doing writeups for all of them in the coming weeks, I just bought the domains recently and I've been setting things up as quickly as possible:

C++ Lessons listing:
Lesson 0- Setting up the netbeans compiler - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 1- Hello world! -https://beginnerscpp.com/?p=25
Lesson 2- Simple variables and Cin - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 3- Order of operations, Simple interest, compounding interest - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 4- Simple output manipulation-- money - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 5- Simple if conditional, if else structure, variable output - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 6- In depth: If statements and boolean operators. - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 7- In depth: If statements, nested if commission problem - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 8- More data types, integreation with if, and review - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 9- Section 1 review -- You must login or register to view this content.
-
Lesson 10: Introduction to while / for loops - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 11: Common loop errors, break statement, and sentinel loop. - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 12: Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion loop - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 13: Simple game with loops (sentinel loop, while / nested if else) - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 14: Clarification: Scope, if, and casting - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 15: Style, and clarification - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 16A/B: Loops in action, currency converter - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 17: Clarification: Dangling Else - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 18A/B: Nested for loops - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 19: For loops-- Total and Average - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 20: Section 2 Review - You must login or register to view this content.
-
Lesson 21: Hungarian /Camelback notation,variables declaration, and a style note - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 22A/B: Case Logic intro, calculator - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 23A/B: Functions and function prototyping - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 24: Functions, return types, pass by value, pass by reference - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 25A/B: More practice with functions: Pass by value / reference. Using functions with cout - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 26A/B: Introduction to arrays: Simple arrays - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 27A/B: Manipulating / reversing arrays - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 28: Section 3 review - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 29A/B: Introduction to vectors: - You must login or register to view this content.
-
Lesson 30A/B: Introduction to pointers and pointer notation - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 31: Vector manipulation and member functions - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 32: Back to the basics: Strings! - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 33: Back to the basics: Character arrays pt1 - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 34: Back to the basics: Character arrays pt2 - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 35: Back to the basics: Validation with stringstream - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 36: Back to the basics: Simple file i/o - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 37: Back to the basics: Probability and randomity - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 38: Back to the hard stuff: Bubble sort / linear search - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 39: Binary search / linear search overview - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 40: Classes / iterator dereferencing with objects - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 41-43: Big review part 1 -3 - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 44: Typedef / define - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 45: Case Study: part 1 - You must login or register to view this content.
Lesson 46: Case Study: wrapup- You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Skyeshatter ; 08-25-2011 at 06:51 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Skyeshatter for this useful post:

Docko412, Epic?, ii_SNiPEzZ_xX
08-22-2011, 12:04 AM #2
Wow nice! what did you hack and serve time for? :L
08-22-2011, 12:08 AM #3
Laney
Ex-Staff
nice one buddeh Enzo
08-22-2011, 01:10 AM #4
might need to forget learning C and change over to C++, as there both the same but the videos iv been learning from there really good but there 16 of them on iv watch 6 over 2 days LOL spreading it out xD but for this serias i will have to watch like 6 a day Smile
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM #5
Skyeshatter
Save Point
Originally posted by Irrelevant View Post
Wow nice! what did you hack and serve time for? :L

When I was 18 (now 26), I hacked into a credit card database and stole / disseminated roughly 75,000 credit card numbers. They were spread using usenet. My attack vector was a faulty DUN system(You must login or register to view this content.) that got war-dialed. The credit card numbers were very weakly encrypted, and the filenames were pretty interesting:
"CreditReports(date in dd-mm-yy format).txt"

2003 was a funny time for internet security.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Originally posted by xX View Post
might need to forget learning C and change over to C++, as there both the same but the videos iv been learning from there really good but there 16 of them on iv watch 6 over 2 days LOL spreading it out xD but for this serias i will have to watch like 6 a day Smile

It's really dependent on what your goals are. C will always be the 'longer, but better' route to solving a given problem, C++ is more about solving things in the easiest manner possible. C++ also has a lot more reliance upon objects and object interaction. Also: the syntax for C++ isn't AS daunting. C is just horrible to look at.

The following user thanked Skyeshatter for this useful post:

Epic?
08-22-2011, 04:33 PM #6
Originally posted by Skyeshatter View Post
When I was 18 (now 26), I hacked into a credit card database and stole / disseminated roughly 75,000 credit card numbers. They were spread using usenet. My attack vector was a faulty DUN system(You must login or register to view this content.) that got war-dialed. The credit card numbers were very weakly encrypted, and the filenames were pretty interesting:
"CreditReports(date in dd-mm-yy format).txt"

2003 was a funny time for internet security.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

It's really dependent on what your goals are. C will always be the 'longer, but better' route to solving a given problem, C++ is more about solving things in the easiest manner possible. C++ also has a lot more reliance upon objects and object interaction. Also: the syntax for C++ isn't AS daunting. C is just horrible to look at.

haha lol, sounds like PSN tbh LOL
08-25-2011, 06:51 AM #7
Skyeshatter
Save Point
Added 2 new videos, removed lesson 45 and remade it

The following user thanked Skyeshatter for this useful post:

Epic?
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM #8
|C++|
< ^ > < ^ >
i know c++ so this might not be use full but is this a complete list
09-01-2011, 02:33 AM #9