03-01-2011, 09:11 PM #1
x-MaGiiKZz-o
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); OK, well I am starting coding. I can do sort of good HTML I suppose, can do alright CSS. I am working on them both then will go on to Javascript( I think). However I tried learning C++, still trying...I'm getting there however is there any other important coding languages that I should know of to learn? Thanks Winky Winky
03-02-2011, 04:09 AM #2
schnzrs
Do a barrel roll!
HTML and CSS are markup/style languages, not actual programming languages. My recommendation would be to learn Java, Python, and/or JavaScript. They are all high level languages (easy to understand and fun to program in!). While languages like C++ are old, annoying, and losing popularity.
03-02-2011, 04:13 AM #3
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by schnzrs View Post
HTML and CSS are markup/style languages, not actual programming languages. My recommendation would be to learn Java, Python, and/or JavaScript. They are all high level languages (easy to understand and fun to program in!). While languages like C++ are old, annoying, and losing popularity.

I beg to differ. The strongest language is usually decided as C++. Java coming in a close second. C++ may be hard but it is definately the most powerful. And once you use it regulary, then you will become fluent in it and whip out cool applications in minutes.
03-02-2011, 04:33 AM #4
crazy_blake7
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
I beg to differ. The strongest language is usually decided as C++. Java coming in a close second. C++ may be hard but it is definately the most powerful. And once you use it regulary, then you will become fluent in it and whip out cool applications in minutes.

how did you learn programing? i got a few books on c++ and java where do you think i should start?
03-02-2011, 04:41 AM #5
Alt
Banned
English Awesome face

(Sorry i had to :( )
03-02-2011, 05:51 AM #6
schnzrs
Do a barrel roll!

Are you using Visual C++?
03-02-2011, 08:04 AM #7
x-MaGiiKZz-o
Who’s Jim Erased?
Thanks guys for the help, will take your advice Smile
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM #8

C++ is actually the most modern, its far but old.
03-02-2011, 03:36 PM #9
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
C++ is actually the most modern, its far but old.

Actually it was made in 1970, its just that it is so popular.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Originally posted by blake7 View Post
how did you learn programing? i got a few books on c++ and java where do you think i should start?

C++ for Dummies edition 2, Sams teach yourself c++ in 21 days 5th edition. Also on youtube, anitrtfm, check him out.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Are you using Visual C++?

gcc as my compiler and vim. I went from vc++, to codeblocks, to a text editor called vim and compiling it on the command line.

The following 2 users say thank you to Ritztro for this useful post:

crazy_blake7, johnw6619
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM #10
crazy_blake7
I’m too L33T
Actually it was made in 1970, its just that it is so popular.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

C++ for Dummies edition 2, Sams teach yourself c++ in 21 days 5th edition. Also on youtube, anitrtfm, check him out.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

gcc as my compiler and vim. I went from vc++, to codeblocks, to a text editor called vim and compiling it on the command line.

Thanks man I got that c++ book for dummies I'll read it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo