Post: [RELEASE][SRC] NotepadX v3.6 - Crazily functional RTF editor
05-09-2011, 11:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Originally posted by kingdeath360 View Post
Okay, so I've been working on this for a long while, and I've got the next version out. Hopefully it should be more stable than all of my previous versions - i've fixed a lot of errors.

It's basically a .NET 3.5 RichText editing program, but with some nice features added.

New features include:
-.doc, docx, html, etc viewer
-Numbered lists (as well as bulleted ones)
-Justification of text (previously not supported)
-Word wrapping
-Increased functionality of word count, etc...
-Program now prompts to save, etc when closing
-Added lots of key shortcuts (ctrl + 1, 2 ,3, etc goes to corresponding tabs, ctrl + pgdn switches to next, ctrl + pageup switches to previous, other buttons have been assigned shortcuts)...
-CTRL + Click on links to open them (default browser)
-Using WAY more functional richtext editing control (derived from the RichTextBox, but with support for far more stuff)...
-Improved the find & replace dialog loads (now single dialog but tabbed).

All features:
-Ability to right click a word & get synonyms & definitions offline.
-Ability to right click a word & get larger list of synonyms & better definitions & web results online
-"Change text case" button. Options include "Sentence Case" and "Capitalize first letter of each word".
-Ability to convert the document & save it as an Image
-GoTo specified line
-Tabbed editing
-Spell check as you type
-Support for all fonts, sizes, and formats which you would expect in a richtext file, as well as the ability to preview fonts (like in the MS Word font selection combobox)
-Subscript & superscript
-Indentation & Bulleted lists
-Recent documents
-Find & Replace (regex enabled) & GoTo Line
-Insert over 2000 symbols
-Insert images from file & from clip art (clip art pulls results off Bing using Bing's API (no webbrowsers))
-Word art (pulls results off the web, unfortunately haven't worked out how to do it without webbrowsers)
-Load website source to textbox
-Markup for VB & C#
-Zoom functionality
-Loads of other stuff that I can't think of ATM.

Main fixes:
-Hopefully far less crashes (lots of Try...Catches...)
-When you select a block of text, the formatting is no longer sometimes changed/cleared.
-WordArt now works properly without you having to click "It's not working"...
-When you right click the document, and spell check is turned on, the default contextmenu no longer over-rides the spell check one.
-Program no longer pops up messageboxes when you press cancel on a SaveFileDialog or OpenFileDialog
-Word count is now more accurate
-Program will no longer throw errors when changing character case etc with no text selected
-Recent file list will no longer show duplicate files
-****loads of other stuff I haven't been bothered to type out...

Upcoming features (in v3.7):
-Syntax highlighting as you type
-Line numbering
-Other stuff I haven't yet thought of
-Better stability and less bugs (hopefully).

Screens:
Some cool features:
You must login or register to view this content.

Other features as well as offline spellcheck & synonyms:

For more sceens & info see this topic (and for even older versions check out the links in that topic):

Download:
Zip (mediafire): You must login or register to view this content.
7z (smaller, mediafire): You must login or register to view this content.
Virus Scan: You must login or register to view this content. - Rather strange that it's getting 2 detections... I'm pretty sure that it's because I've put it through SmartAssembly. If anyone can suggest any other reason(s) why I might be getting these detections, I'd be most grateful - none of my other NotepadX releases have been detected as viruses, and I'm keen to fix both of these detections ASAP...
Rest assured that it is not a virus - look at my previous posts if you want evidence of that. For those who are paranoid, if you don't trust me, don't download. It's your choice. Just don't troll my thread. Atleast it's a generic detection...

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Don't make fun of it!!! And if you use it give credit & dont C&P

[size=x-large][color=#DDA0DD]PLEASE[/color] [color=#32CD32]TELL[/color] [color=#0000CD]ME[/color] [color=#DAA520]WHAT[/color] [color=#32CD32]YOU[/color] [color=#FF0000]THINK!!![/color][/size]

[/QUOTE]
its a c&p///////////////////////////////

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo