06-13-2011, 07:44 PM #1
shiver
chaos personified
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Informative to those of you interested in it.

The following 6 users say thank you to shiver for this useful post:

Axiom, CSC-Magic, Epic?, Kombust,
06-14-2011, 08:51 PM #11
0xFa1z
Splicer
Originally posted by shiver View Post
What is possible now and has been for a long time is always scary.

The NSA could not have done it alone. The knowledge of the specific hardware it was designed to infiltrate and destroy would only be known by the manufacturer of the equipment. And that knowledge would be top secret as well. It is most likely a joint effort from a lot of different groups.

"Im not sure what weapons will be used in World War 3, but im sure World War 4 will be faught in sticks and stones..." Einstein
06-14-2011, 11:49 PM #12
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
I wish I was that good of coder.
06-17-2011, 06:36 AM #13
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
Man, who would even have the knowledge to write this code two years ago?! We're finding out stuff used in that program now. Scary stuff bro...
06-17-2011, 04:16 PM #14
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
Originally posted by MrBrent View Post
I wish I was that good of coder.

You'll have to be WAY more than a coder, unless that term is being VERY general. See unless you have THEIR code and have THEIR access you will need to get around the security and try to encrypt the data to get around the network. Sure you have those FUD programs everyone knows about but a more complex network(I had a simple one, but more complex than average) will scan EVERY packet that is sent & received on the network, sure slows things down but makes it much harder to get by.

I tried attacking boxes on my own net a year ago by sending fake emails and links using the SE toolkit and then having an attachment with connection info that was encrypted that the target would download and be small enough that over time it would connect to my server with the malware, code, exploit etc and send it in small amounts back and forth. Like 30kb of code a minute, now I have slow internet so if I was scanning it would be OBVIOUS the incoming traffic wasn't a webpage and could be something else.

See instead of having it be one big code you can separate it to make it harder to detect for the average person(really not worth the time unless its a valuable targ)

Part 1 - Small file that someone will download or think its nothing and is decrypted to prevent an AVG detection. Contains connection info to your server with the rest of the code and some way to communicate back and forth. The BARE basics meaning only a way to connect, no transfers at this time.

Part 2 through ? - depending how big it is and what you want it to do, the next few parts might just be the code that tells each one to bond with the main box where the original file is and each will be delivered in small sizes with encryption and will eventually link and then be the final deal with what you want.

See you have to know more than coding. You need to know how to reverse things, write your own encryption security. AND MAKE IT GOOD. See some "hackers" get off more from taking out another hacker than simply finding their IP and ddosing them. Think about that mini part virus I was just trying to explain, if you sent that to many people but one found out and knew what he was doing he could reverse it(or simply track the traffic - another reason to hide it and keep it small, back to your server or box) If I get the connection info then I simply have access to you eventually and then I can root your server or do some whaling and get all your stolen data etc.

These things are complex. Good presentation as well. I hope that made sense as its hard for me to explain without getting too wordy.
06-18-2011, 01:47 AM #15
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by bmxdude9 View Post
You'll have to be WAY more than a coder, unless that term is being VERY general. See unless you have THEIR code and have THEIR access you will need to get around the security and try to encrypt the data to get around the network. Sure you have those FUD programs everyone knows about but a more complex network(I had a simple one, but more complex than average) will scan EVERY packet that is sent & received on the network, sure slows things down but makes it much harder to get by.

I tried attacking boxes on my own net a year ago by sending fake emails and links using the SE toolkit and then having an attachment with connection info that was encrypted that the target would download and be small enough that over time it would connect to my server with the malware, code, exploit etc and send it in small amounts back and forth. Like 30kb of code a minute, now I have slow internet so if I was scanning it would be OBVIOUS the incoming traffic wasn't a webpage and could be something else.

See instead of having it be one big code you can separate it to make it harder to detect for the average person(really not worth the time unless its a valuable targ)

Part 1 - Small file that someone will download or think its nothing and is decrypted to prevent an AVG detection. Contains connection info to your server with the rest of the code and some way to communicate back and forth. The BARE basics meaning only a way to connect, no transfers at this time.

Part 2 through ? - depending how big it is and what you want it to do, the next few parts might just be the code that tells each one to bond with the main box where the original file is and each will be delivered in small sizes with encryption and will eventually link and then be the final deal with what you want.

See you have to know more than coding. You need to know how to reverse things, write your own encryption security. AND MAKE IT GOOD. See some "hackers" get off more from taking out another hacker than simply finding their IP and ddosing them. Think about that mini part virus I was just trying to explain, if you sent that to many people but one found out and knew what he was doing he could reverse it(or simply track the traffic - another reason to hide it and keep it small, back to your server or box) If I get the connection info then I simply have access to you eventually and then I can root your server or do some whaling and get all your stolen data etc.

These things are complex. Good presentation as well. I hope that made sense as its hard for me to explain without getting too wordy.

Well I meant in general but thanks for the info. Also you seem smart, want to add me on skype? :p
Last edited by Ritztro ; 06-18-2011 at 01:49 AM.
06-21-2011, 08:15 PM #16
Kombust
At least I can fight
That is some freaky stuff, I never knew something like that was possible, not as powerful anyway.. :S
06-25-2011, 01:10 AM #17
I remember seeing this on Gizmodo...

Eek
06-25-2011, 04:31 PM #18
gebapt
Vault dweller
Who could help me with installing this etc ?

MSN: [email][email protected][/email]

Gebapt,

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo