Post: which is better for me to buy (Windows 7 computer or Mac)
10-26-2012, 12:43 AM #1
AndreeU
+cM TeamCM GFX 4 Lifee<3
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Which is better for me to buy a Windows 7 ultrabook or a Apple Mac Book Air or pro.

Im looking for to program in JAVA and create applications along with develop Android or IOS apps.
11-03-2012, 01:20 AM #11
Millz
Worth the Weight
It's really difficult to recommend something without any set budget. Really the Macintosh is a nice platform to work on, and if you're developing iOS apps there's no question about it, you need a Mac.

I personally don't hate Apple, but their laptops are overpriced a tad. However the build quality is still amazing and they have excellent customer support. Personally, I would look at a baseline 13 inch MacBook Air or Pro. You're not going to be doing demanding programming on this, however I would recommend picking up 8GB of RAM as you ARE going to notice the difference when using multiple applications (especially Java, which is extremely RAM/CPU hungry)

The air comes to $1,300 with the 1.8GHz Dual Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD.

Another Windows laptop that you should look at is this ultrabook:

You must login or register to view this content.

This is excellent for the money. It's better than the Air by far.
11-03-2012, 04:11 AM #12
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by AndreeU View Post
Which is better for me to buy a Windows 7 ultrabook or a Apple Mac Book Air or pro.

Im looking for to program in JAVA and create applications along with develop Android or IOS apps.

If you're going to develop iOS Apps, serious developing nothing about trying or starting to learn and that shit then get a Mac. If you want to search internet, play games and do some coding sometimes but nothing serious you should go like me with Windows 7.
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM #13
x420XP
Utter Perfectionist
Where's Linux in these options? It hands down beats Mac and Windows.

But out of Windows and Mac, go for Windows.

Also, if you do consider a Mac, just get any old PC or Laptop and install the Mac OS onto it instead.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
It's really difficult to recommend something without any set budget. Really the Macintosh is a nice platform to work on, and if you're developing iOS apps there's no question about it, you need a Mac.

I personally don't hate Apple, but their laptops are overpriced a tad. However the build quality is still amazing and they have excellent customer support. Personally, I would look at a baseline 13 inch MacBook Air or Pro. You're not going to be doing demanding programming on this, however I would recommend picking up 8GB of RAM as you ARE going to notice the difference when using multiple applications (especially Java, which is extremely RAM/CPU hungry)

The air comes to $1,300 with the 1.8GHz Dual Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD.

Another Windows laptop that you should look at is this ultrabook:

You must login or register to view this content.

This is excellent for the money. It's better than the Air by far.

I have a teacher at college who uses a Macbook Air, with Windows running.
11-07-2012, 09:59 AM #14
Rath
Today Will Be Different
I have several Macs and PCs mainly because of different features and perks etc. However if you're getting into Android/iOS app development your best bet would be getting a Mac. Plus you can run Boot Camp or Parallels which will run a virtual machine of Windows if you ever need Windows 7.

Like they say, to each his own. Get what you want, don't get something someone says to get. We're only opining, plus in the end you'll be using it :y:
11-19-2012, 09:53 AM #15
I would have to say Windows 8 now that it has been released. Winky Winky
11-23-2012, 07:45 PM #16
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
in my opinion, linux will be the best choice. but since thats not one of your options, id have to go with windows because jdks are always delayed on macs.
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM #17
Originally posted by Melophile View Post
in my opinion, linux will be the best choice. but since thats not one of your options, id have to go with windows because jdks are always delayed on macs.

I would go with mac if you like aero smooth speed, or PC for compatability...
I got both MF. lol jk I have a linux from 1943 I built while I was pregnant with myself.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Originally posted by l3g3ndary View Post
Mac all the way! You can do everything with them and you can dual boot Windows 7 or parallel. I have a macbook pro and i would recommend it over any pc

not any have you ever seen those Elite PCs with thousands and thoausands of dollars worth of value put into them they will smoke some super computers. MacBook simply cannot do this.

In my opinion they both suck wait til life is futuristic and simple and better then buy a modern futuristic computer unless your in your 30's or so then go buy a ps3 before you die of diabetes
11-25-2012, 08:41 PM #18
Originally posted by AndreeU View Post
Which is better for me to buy a Windows 7 ultrabook or a Apple Mac Book Air or pro.

windows 7- compatibility, less errors with modern software,

iMac- fast, some-what reliable

ima newb
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM #19
Mac always. With shitty windows 7 in some kind of shitty VirtualBox.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo