02-26-2009, 03:38 AM #1
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey, This is what I am trying to do

I have a modem hooked up with one linksys router, We will call that router (1) Now I would like to hook up my other router so I tried putting an ethernet cable in the slot 1 and running it down into the internet of router 2 (wireless linksys) then I tried directly connecting my ps3 to router 2 using slot 1 but when I try to connect I get a DNS ERROR HELP PLOX

MAP

Modem---Router--------Router------Ps3<Awesome faceNS ERROR

NOTE: I also tried hooking up 1 modem for each router got a DNS ERROR too
02-26-2009, 03:57 AM #2
Xdnvr_duh_c00lX
Are you high?
its not ment to be like that or unplug for 10 secs
02-26-2009, 03:58 AM #3
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Take a look at my reply to this thread You must login or register to view this content.
02-26-2009, 04:26 AM #4
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
Can you explain what I need to do, I didn't fully understand after reading that what I need to do.

If you are saying this that on router (1) Connected directly to modem
I should have an ethernet cable in port 1-4 then on the other router have it in the uplink that is what I had but I got the DNS ERROR
Also obviously I could not use the uplink on the one connected to the modem because that is being used to connect the modem and the router

NOTE: I WAS USING PORT 4 ON ROUTER (1) To connect to the uplink on router (2) (don't know if that matters)

ALL HELP MATTERS PLEASE CONTINUE TO WORK WITH ME
Last edited by Foolnesss ; 02-26-2009 at 04:32 AM.
02-26-2009, 04:47 AM #5
MSgt.Gunny
I am error
first off, why two routers? set your second router to bypass mode, bridge, or turn firewall off. and your network settings are messed up, try public dns servers in your ps3 settings, try these dns servers, * 208.67.222.222 (Primary)
* 208.67.220.220 (Secondary)
this will bypass your isp's default servers which may be the problem, also you might want to log into your first router and open up your ps3 ports,
10070 - 10080 TCP
10070 - 10070 UDP
6000 - 6999 UDP
02-26-2009, 06:56 AM #6
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by Foolness View Post
Can you explain what I need to do, I didn't fully understand after reading that what I need to do.

If you are saying this that on router (1) Connected directly to modem
I should have an ethernet cable in port 1-4 then on the other router have it in the uplink that is what I had but I got the DNS ERROR
Also obviously I could not use the uplink on the one connected to the modem because that is being used to connect the modem and the router

NOTE: I WAS USING PORT 4 ON ROUTER (1) To connect to the uplink on router (2) (don't know if that matters)

ALL HELP MATTERS PLEASE CONTINUE TO WORK WITH ME

The uplink port should not be plugged into your modem. That's likely the WAN port you have it plugged in to. Do you have a port on either router that says "uplink" next to it? If so, plug one end of the ethernet cable into that, and the other end into a normal port on the other router. Note that the uplink port usually shares another port, such as 1 or 4 and you cannot have anything else plugged into that port.

Which router is providing DHCP service? Make sure both of them aren't configured for DHCP or else the one without the internet connection might be providing an IP without also providing DNS servers. You should have DHCP on for router 1 and off for router 2. Do you have a way of checking if the PS3 is being assigned an IP?
02-26-2009, 10:49 PM #7
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
Ok,
1. I believe the uplink is the only port seperate from 1-4 and yes my modem is plugged into it
I think my problem is this dns assigning and dhcp and all that
Could you explain to me how to set it up so when I unplug router (2) it will not mess anything up so router (2) can be turn off and on at will and it won't mess anything up when I unplug it. Also router (2) is only being used for the ps3. So could you please explain to me how to set this stuff up for router (2) without making it so my internet besides the ps3 is relying on it.
02-27-2009, 09:12 PM #8
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by Foolness View Post
Ok,
1. I believe the uplink is the only port seperate from 1-4 and yes my modem is plugged into it
I think my problem is this dns assigning and dhcp and all that
Could you explain to me how to set it up so when I unplug router (2) it will not mess anything up so router (2) can be turn off and on at will and it won't mess anything up when I unplug it. Also router (2) is only being used for the ps3. So could you please explain to me how to set this stuff up for router (2) without making it so my internet besides the ps3 is relying on it.

Do you have an uplink port on the other router? You'll have to plug the cable into the uplink port on router 2 and into an unused non-uplink port on router 1. As for DHCP, you'll need to log into your routers' configurations and disable it. It should be turned on for router 1, and turned off for router 2.

If you have it setup correctly, you can turn off or unplug the second router any time you want and it won't affect the other computers, unless of course you have computers using router 2 wirelessly.
02-27-2009, 09:14 PM #9
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
how do i connect to router configuration(2) (via computer)
02-27-2009, 09:15 PM #10
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Router 2 should have a default IP address (consult documentation to find out what it is). Once you plug it in you'll go to that IP in your browser. If the IP has been changed, reset the router to get it back to the default. Also make sure router 1 and other computers aren't using that IP address.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo