02-10-2011, 09:16 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well basically I'm running on Windows XP Home edition, and I don't have any problems unless I turn my computer off for the night. If I turn it off and leave it off for a few hours, when I turn it back on I have to put the windows XP disc in and do the repair process, or else it will freeze on the windows XP loading screen and just sit there.

Here's the screen it freezes on: (not my picture, found on internet)
You must login or register to view this content.

It usually doesn't happen unless my computers off for an extended amount of time. I can usually run safe mode to get my shit but this is just getting annoying. +111 rep if anyone knows the exact problem.
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM #11
-Skyline
Anonymous
If worst comes to worst just create a new Partition on your HDD and install a fresh copy of Windows on the new Partition, and you've always got the old Partition to get all your stuff from.
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM #12
Originally posted by microcell View Post
okay mate im going to try to help youWinky Winky
first of all, this can also be hardware but since you can startup after repair i doubt it is tho..

anyways freezing at that screen can be several issues one of them is just a windows xp dmg file of windows logon so my first question is
when you start up do you have to log on on an account?
if it does go to account management and delete passwords for account and other accounts so you do not have to login and it automaticly goes to your desktop.
also try-downloading the files winlogon.exe and dll's to repair em
this might fix your freeze

did not work?
go to start>run>msconfig
put off all services and programs from starting up
did this work? put them back on in groups of 4, when you cant startup anymore you know its 1 of those 4Winky Winky

now have you installed a new service pack lately? on what service pack are you now? i reccomend if the windows logon didnt fix it downloading a new windows service pack

ok umm you got external hard disks?
unplug them on restart

also this could be something like your harddrive being damaged but i would try software fixes first if i were youWinky Winky tell me your progress?
x

Damn! Well first of all there's only 1 user account and it's not password protected so it just goes directly to startup. As for the other solutions, I will try them. I actually do have an external and I noticed that when it's plugged in my computer gives me an error but if I unplug it, it usually loads fine OR freezes on loading screen. I'll +rep you as well when I'm able to. I appreciate all the help =D
02-10-2011, 10:01 PM #13
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by AceVirus View Post
Yeah I have most of my stuff backed up, I'll probably reinstall xp pretty soon. I've only had this computer in here for a couple of months, before that it sat in my living room not being used. For the first few weeks everything was fine and I turned it off at night without problems. I'll probably just slowly back up all my shit then reinstall xp. Thanks for the help. I'll +rep when I get my rep power back. it says I've used too much in the past 24 hours.

I'd love to help you out more but i haven't been on XP for ages lol..
I'll have a little look on the internet & if i find anything that could help you i'll PM you Smile

Okay thanks <33
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM #14
Originally posted by x3 View Post
I'd love to help you out more but i haven't been on XP for ages lol..
I'll have a little look on the internet & if i find anything that could help you i'll PM you Smile

Okay thanks <33

Sounds good man. I'm considering just getting a copy of Windows 7 in the near future, then I won't have to worry about XP's nonsense Smile
02-10-2011, 10:03 PM #15
NoMooreMercy
< ^ > < ^ >
Sounds good man. I'm considering just getting a copy of Windows 7 in the near future, then I won't have to worry about XP's nonsense Smile

Windows 7 is the shit.
02-10-2011, 10:04 PM #16
Originally posted by NoMooreMercy View Post
Windows 7 is the shit.

So I've heard =D
02-10-2011, 10:05 PM #17
Alt
Banned

I'm in Win7 right now, & i like it.. Much better than Vista although i do miss XP as it run good..
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM #18
Originally posted by x3 View Post
I'm in Win7 right now, & i like it.. Much better than Vista although i do miss XP as it run good..

Yeah that's why I always stuck with XP. I never had any major problems with it, but I think it's time for an upgrade as I've never had anything but XP
02-10-2011, 10:10 PM #19
Alt
Banned
Yeah that's why I always stuck with XP. I never had any major problems with it, but I think it's time for an upgrade as I've never had anything but XP

Don't think i'v had big problems with XP come to think of it.
Go for Win7 64bit if you can, Miss Vista at ALL costs lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo