04-24-2014, 03:53 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm looking at building (from a unused PC) or buying a cheap NAS for home use.

Ideally I'd like it to do

- Use hard drives I have around the house. Some use SATA and some I don't know what the connections are.
- Access it from home over wireless AND from anywhere in the world & from different computers.
- Download/upload torrents remotely
- Store my files. ie Photography, films, music ect..

If you could give me anything where I could build such a thing OR something I could buy for up to £100ish

Thank you for any help. +Rep will be given Enzo
04-29-2014, 06:42 PM #11
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Oklahoma View Post
How many hard drives do you actually have now?

1 500GB as of now.

I do have another one which I was thinking of installing.
04-29-2014, 06:44 PM #12
Oklahoma
Are you high?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
1 500GB as of now.

I do have another one which I was thinking of installing.

Ah, which one were you thinking of installing? Also, I do recommend when you have the chance to get atleast 4 hard drives.
04-29-2014, 06:49 PM #13
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Oklahoma View Post
Ah, which one were you thinking of installing? Also, I do recommend when you have the chance to get atleast 4 hard drives.

I only wanted to use a old i3 computer or my quad core AMD for a Freenas because they have no use to me.

Also, If I do like having a NAS I might pay out the money and get a RIAD Smile
04-29-2014, 06:55 PM #14
Oklahoma
Are you high?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I only wanted to use a old i3 computer or my quad core AMD for a Freenas because they have no use to me.

Also, If I do like having a NAS I might pay out the money and get a RIAD Smile

In all, you might actually using a NAS as its much more open. I also found this You must login or register to view this content.. It is pretty cheap for a RAID. You might wanna look at this.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo