07-29-2015, 09:48 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, my mother's got a laptop which is a bit old, but was working perfectly fine then one day it just stopped working, I'm not sure what caused this cause I wasn't there or anything. But it won't boot from the HDD, USB, nor from a DVD, I haven't tried anything else.
This is a HP OmniBook 2000 Notebook PC, if you need any more information, please let me know. Thanks.

The following user thanked John for this useful post:

Swaqq
07-29-2015, 09:52 PM #2
Sighes
Banned
it happened to me with an hp pavilion from 2009, take off the battery, hold the power button for 30 seconds, take out the ram, take out the harddrive and booted up. but don't do it on a carpet or something insane like that, you don't want to fry your ram or mobo. Smile hope it helps

The following user thanked Sighes for this useful post:

John
07-29-2015, 09:53 PM #3
Esker
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by John View Post
So, my mother's got a laptop which is a bit old, but was working perfectly fine then one day it just stopped working, I'm not sure what caused this cause I wasn't there or anything. But it won't boot from the HDD, USB, nor from a DVD, I haven't tried anything else.
This is a HP OmniBook 2000 Notebook PC, if you need any more information, please let me know. Thanks.

best bet is just taking it to a computer shop and see whats the problem and im guessing thats quite an old laptop so if its proper fucked just get the hdd out of it buy another laptop

The following user thanked Esker for this useful post:

John
07-29-2015, 09:57 PM #4
Originally posted by Sighes View Post
it happened to me with an hp pavilion from 2009, take off the battery, hold the power button for 30 seconds, take out the ram, take out the harddrive and booted up. but don't do it on a carpet or something insane like that, you don't want to fry your ram or mobo. Smile hope it helps

Thanks, I'll try that now!

Originally posted by Esker View Post
best bet is just taking it to a computer shop and see whats the problem and im guessing thats quite an old laptop so if its proper fucked just get the hdd out of it buy another laptop

Nah, I'm super poor, can't pay someone to fix it let alone buy a whole new one

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo