Post: [SCRIPT] Ubuntu Touch daily downloader, written in Python
05-19-2013, 08:40 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); BEFORE YOU GO AHEAD AND DO THIS IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE ITS NOT MY FALT SO DONT BLAME ME

/** Your warranty is now void.**

We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.*

When the first daily image of Ubuntu Touch was available for download I wrote this simple script that automates the process of DL/copy over the device/reboot into bootloader.
This script is written in Python, so it can be (virtually) used on any OS with the interpreter installed.
By now, I've only used it under Linux but porting to Windows or OSX it's really a matter of 2-3 line of codes.
There's a little percentage of You must login or register to view this content. but it's working well and without any notable coding error.

Roadmap:

• add support to Saucy image download --> Done!
  • add md5 check to ensure that the image files are OK --> Done!
  • add a changelog reader
  • TWRP script to automate the installation too

Usage:

Code:

gianguido@Ubuntu:~$ ./utdd.py Ubuntu Touch daily downloaderIt supports all the devices supported by the official Ubuntu Touch programUsage: name-of-the-script mako|grouper|maguro|manta [saucy]mako Nexus 4grouper Nexus 7maguro Galaxy Nexusmanta Nexus 10clean-device Remove the downloaded zips from the device via ADB

Code:

Changelog: - 0.1: it works, what else? - 0.2: updated with Raring repository - 0.3: added md5 file check - 0.4: added "clean-device" function - 0.5: so saucy update

Here's the link ---> You must login or register to view this content.

Have fun and let me know what you think You must login or register to view this content.

Video tut

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo