Post: [Tutorial] How to make Old Mods work until ScriptHook update
04-30-2015, 03:34 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is a method that worked or me to make old mods work in the new update.

Works SC & Steam!

Requirements:
An old backup of GTA V before the new patch.

Download the 3 backup files You must login or register to view this content.! (You don't need the GTAVLauncher.exe for Non-Steam version.)

How To:

Steam Version:

Simply go to the GTA V backup folder and copy the following files:

" GTAVLauncher.exe -- GTA5.exe -- update.rpf (You can find it in the update folder) "

Navigate to your GTA 5 Folder. Steam/SteamApps/Common/Grand Theft Auto V and replace the GTAVLauncher.exe, the GTA5.exe, and the update.rpf(inside of the update folder). Then you'll be good to go.

Social Club Version(Not Tested)

1. Backup GTA5.exe and update.rpf (in the update folder)

2. Now make the Update from Launcher.

3. Close the launcher

4. Delete the metadata.dat in the "x64" Folder. /RockstarGames/Grand Theft Auto V

5. Start launcher.

6. The launcher will now download the metadata.dat. After the download it comes a message. (Ready to play) Don't click to play! And don't close the launcher! Minimize it.

7. Now put your GTA5.exe and update.rpf that you have backed up into the GTA File (Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto V). (Dont forget: update.rpf in the update folder)

8. Now switch back to your launcher and click on play!

Make sure to backup the current files before you replace anything so you're safe if something messed up. Do it on your own responsibility .
Keep in mind that Missions may not function the same and you may get disconnected due to the version conflict between the players and you.
Last edited by swatisking ; 04-30-2015 at 06:06 PM.
04-30-2015, 04:17 PM #11
Originally posted by R3ckT View Post
SC version just updates as soon as you launch it, but you might get away with running the game offline, then re-connecting once your in story mode to avoid the update. That is what I am about to try.

Let me know if it works.
04-30-2015, 04:22 PM #12
R3ckT
Haxor!
Originally posted by swatisking View Post
Let me know if it works.

It just requests you to sign in and basically exit the game to re-load the SC Launcher :(
04-30-2015, 04:29 PM #13
Originally posted by R3ckT View Post
It just requests you to sign in and basically exit the game to re-load the SC Launcher :(

Damn. Glad I got the steam version.
04-30-2015, 04:33 PM #14
Updated Post to include Download Link for the backup files.
04-30-2015, 04:33 PM #15
As we say in Russia: Do not make mountains out of molehills! It was necessary to wait a little bit and Script Hook is working under the new version. Download it from the official page of the developer.
04-30-2015, 04:40 PM #16
Originally posted by Bondarchuk View Post
As we say in Russia: Do not make mountains out of molehills! It was necessary to wait a little bit and Script Hook is working under the new version. Download it from the official page of the developer.

What the hell are you talking about? ScriptHook V isn't updated, and even if it was, he's not going to release it with online bypass, which is what everyone wants.
04-30-2015, 04:44 PM #17
Originally posted by Bondarchuk View Post

Where is the official page pls ?
04-30-2015, 04:49 PM #18
Originally posted by Mezzle View Post
Where is the official page pls ?

It's not updated, and there is no official page. Please ignore that post.
04-30-2015, 04:50 PM #19
atigateway
Do a barrel roll!
Doing this you stay in lobbys on your own no one can join you or join heists only thing you can do is missions/races alone.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo