Post: What do you want to see in Grand Theft Auto Online?
07-29-2015, 07:10 PM #1
RedBloodzz
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello Ngu!
I made this thread to ask the community what they want in gta and what they don't really like about gta. I don't really mind how the game is now as I enjoy it but some things could be added to game to make it more fun. Comment below! Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to RedBloodzz for this useful post:

Saint Goofy, upgradetoday
08-09-2015, 05:21 PM #29
ModReality
Do a barrel roll!
This guy..
08-09-2015, 05:38 PM #30
Originally posted by 101 View Post
Since posting, i realised that there are some extremely simple changes, could be integrated/enabled immediately (as appropriate) and change the tone slightly.

This game does, like most of these FPS or FPS-based 'armed to the teeth' titles, assume that you are kinda a bit of an executioner on the quiet or at least indifferent about the fact you just took a life to avoid being pinned with a bounty for carjacking. There are times, and sometimes just due to player motivation and/or player's intended role-play of character, where you don't want to necessarily do lethal or crippling 'put them away' damage.

Example - you could just as easily (using the Tranquilizer mod for SP) have a 'tranq' official weapon mod where you can opt for a dart firing version (or selectable secondary weapon mode) so when you don't want to 'put them away' and maybe punching their lights out isn't gonna be a sound strategy (good example - the Lost missions where you steal vans and bikes) but being able to employ a carefully targeted non-lethal shot (carefully, as there are places you can shoot a tranq into which will kill a person) solves the other half of the stealth issue.

Secondly, and it's just a matter of metadata changes, take out the imbalance where cops go mental when a PC commits a crime, and yet react with keystone kop mentality vs AI peds - if the Real Life mod shows anything, there's a vast difference between the borderline schizophrenic imbalance of ped and cop reactions to weapons and actions between the RL-modded version and stock responses - for me, at least when the RL levels of overkill occur, it's kinda justified and makes the game more interesting tactically and conduct wise .

In the same vein, revert the balance where peds suddenly become Michael Schumacher/Ayrton Senna when they panic (in missions or jobs mostly) or realise they are targetted whilst normally drive with indifference and barely competent ability. Whilst we are at it, take out the rest of the main imbalances - unarmoured PV's shouldn't be stronger than the regular street vehicles (cinematics be damned), it would make you think about your approach to driving if your vehicle could be as easily trashed or incapacitated as a picked up 'street' find and the 'heroic' imbalance where players have more HP/Health than peds and that body armour in-mission armed peds use is borderline super-duper enhanced SHA in effect - if they are wearing basic armour, it should be as effective as PC basic armour etc (again, cinematics be damned).

So those two general areas alone could literally add extra depth to the game, redressing imbalances and enabling stun/tranq use outside of plot device restricted purposes, and if the Tranq mod demonstrates anything, it wouldn't be as hard to implement in the main code any more than it would take any real time to redress the metadata-based imbalances.

Remember, in the cinematic world - heroic ability and feats look 'cool', but when you have to employ tactics out of necessity due to complicating factors and extremely natural vulnerabilities - it makes you approach things in a completely difference 'head screwed on' way.

If anything, you could easily redress of the imbalance through metadata editing yourself - but it's kinda an isolated empty gesture when everyone else's version is maintain the imbalance. Hence why it's about time the imbalances were dropped or at least revised (i only touched on a few of them).

no offence; but tl;dr
08-10-2015, 02:36 AM #31
Originally posted by RedBloodzz View Post
Hello Ngu!
I made this thread to ask the community what they want in gta and what they don't really like about gta. I don't really mind how the game is now as I enjoy it but some things could be added to game to make it more fun. Comment below! Smile

AC130 is a must. Would make GTA 6 (or 5) way more fun to go around acting like were in the air-force, calling for 105 shells Smile
08-10-2015, 03:57 AM #32
RedBloodzz
Do a barrel roll!
Nice ideas people, I just wish r* would consider these options Smile
08-14-2015, 06:07 PM #33
DPO23
Climbing up the ladder
More cops
08-18-2015, 10:23 AM #34
Jetpack and real cars like mercedes-benz with the logo realistick
08-18-2015, 12:36 PM #35
They should add a selfie animation, just came in mind.
08-18-2015, 04:04 PM #36
ahmedhamdy12
Do a barrel roll!
street football PBJTPBJT
08-24-2015, 08:00 AM #37
Yes never thought of that but sounds amazing.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo