06-06-2016, 12:15 PM #1
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So during the recent Cowen and Company Technology, Media & Telecom Conference, Strauss Zelnick, the CEO of Take-Two Interactive Software has stated that GTA Online was never intended to be a permanent addition to their line-up.

"We do expect GTA Online’s results to moderate because October will be three years since we released it. Not only was it not our intention that GTA Online was permanent, but it’s important that it not be permanent. We have to rest the franchise at some point."

So what do his words mean for the future? Well, to answer the question on everyone’s minds: no, Rockstar won't be pulling DLC support for GTA Online any time soon.Thing is, despite not being permanent, GTA Online is here to stay as long as it is profitable which it currently is.

Question is how long do you think GTA Online will remain popular? What do you hope the next Rockstar game will be?

For more info check out:
You must login or register to view this content.
06-15-2016, 05:56 PM #11
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Manical
I personally hope they keep gta online like it is and don't proceed to make it it's own seperate game. The GTA series as a whole and online included is a MASTER PIECE to me I personally cant see anything flawed with the series. But then agian im not the one who's a higher up employee for R* or Take 2 to see any statistic or data behind why they would want to eventually no longer support GTA online. :/

All I can hope is that it is not true or doesn't happen. till this day 3 years since the game has been released I still havent grown the slightest tired of it nor do i even anticipate the next gta installement any time soon. It's still got so much more potential and lifespan in my opinion. Smile

Yeah i hear you man, i was just thinking if GTA Online was it's own game and on it's own disc instead of sharing disc space with GTA it could allow for more to be put into it but i get what you're saying man.
06-15-2016, 05:58 PM #12
Originally posted by xjustjesse View Post
yeah i hear you man, i was just thinking if gta online was it's own game and on it's own disc instead of sharing disc space with gta it could allow for more to be put into it but i get what you're saying man.

long live gta!!!!!

PS: This article was honestly kinda heartbreaking for me to even read to see that the company could even make such a statement... :/
06-15-2016, 05:59 PM #13
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Manical
long live gta!!!!!

:yes:

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo