01-16-2013, 05:37 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NgU, I just received an iPhone 4 for Christmas and I had a question. I am currently on 6.0.1 and I was wondering if jail breaking will remove the unlock. The unlock isn't factory, it was previously locked to AT&T, I then took it to A Simple Mobile tech and he unlocked it (not GEVEY sim). Thank you and hope for a reply!
01-18-2013, 08:37 AM #2
Bump, still looking for answer...
01-18-2013, 07:38 PM #3
moiz41510
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Sweetooth View Post
Hey NgU, I just received an iPhone 4 for Christmas and I had a question. I am currently on 6.0.1 and I was wondering if jail breaking will remove the unlock. The unlock isn't factory, it was previously locked to AT&T, I then took it to A Simple Mobile tech and he unlocked it (not GEVEY sim). Thank you and hope for a reply!

what exactly did he unlock it with?
If its a IMEI unlock (Factory Unlock) then go ahead and update.
If its any hardware unlock such as Gevey, R-Sim, GPP then just incase make sure you preserve your Baseband and update your iPhone. This can be done using Redsn0w, but you need to have your SHSH blobs saved Winky Winky
01-19-2013, 01:11 AM #4
Originally posted by moiz41510 View Post
what exactly did he unlock it with?
If its a IMEI unlock (Factory Unlock) then go ahead and update.
If its any hardware unlock such as Gevey, R-Sim, GPP then just incase make sure you preserve your Baseband and update your iPhone. This can be done using Redsn0w, but you need to have your SHSH blobs saved Winky Winky

How do I know what unlock method he did? I think it's a IMEI unlock, maybe.
01-19-2013, 02:03 AM #5
moiz41510
Vault dweller
How do I know what unlock method he did? I think it's a IMEI unlock, maybe.

you can ensure by opening the sim tray, and see if any other hardware is under the sim card. If not then its a IMEI/Factory Unlocked. And if its IMEI unlocked then you can upgrade without any risk besides the fact you will have a tethered jailbreak
01-19-2013, 02:23 AM #6
you can ensure by opening the sim tray, and see if any other hardware is under the sim card. If not then its a IMEI/Factory Unlocked. And if its IMEI unlocked then you can upgrade without any risk besides the fact you will have a tethered jailbreak

I just checked and no, there is no other hardware. Just the tray and my SIM card. So it's factory unlocked? I can update or jailbreak and my unlock stays?
01-20-2013, 11:14 AM #7
moiz41510
Vault dweller
I just checked and no, there is no other hardware. Just the tray and my SIM card. So it's factory unlocked? I can update or jailbreak and my unlock stays?

yeup you got it...
01-20-2013, 11:17 AM #8
yeup you got it...

Alright, thanks for your help!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo