02-12-2013, 05:23 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My iPad was stolen while I was at work today. A few hours later it popped up on iClouds find my iPhone. I got the location and met an officer at the house but of course there was nothing he could do when the residents denied having it and the iPad was offline and hasn't been since. My question is there anything else I can do? Any suggestions?
02-12-2013, 06:07 AM #2
HPandya10
Do a barrel roll!
Search warrant? seems like the only option right now
02-12-2013, 11:15 AM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Bigdogmoya1 View Post
My iPad was stolen while I was at work today. A few hours later it popped up on iClouds find my iPhone. I got the location and met an officer at the house but of course there was nothing he could do when the residents denied having it and the iPad was offline and hasn't been since. My question is there anything else I can do? Any suggestions?

Just go back to the Police and/or ask to speak to someone higher up in the Police force about it.

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon, Bigdogmoya1
02-13-2013, 12:42 AM #4
So I'm sure they have restored it with iTunes and of course Apple is no help but I have an idea. I need to find my MAC address somehow and compare to attached devices on the thief's router (using alfa card and Backtrack laptop). only problem is I cant find my MAC address! I've tried my router logs, looking at the box, and downloading a program to dissect the iPad's backup but I have no clue where it's located.
02-13-2013, 01:16 AM #5
NJN
I sat on your nachos
Get your serial, I think that could help you. If you still have your iPad box, I think its on there
02-13-2013, 01:57 AM #6
Originally posted by NJN View Post
Get your serial, I think that could help you. If you still have your iPad box, I think its on there

I have all that info but I need the MAC address to compare to devices attached to the thief's router.
02-13-2013, 06:02 AM #7
gamer89117
Can’t trickshot me!
all you need is the udid or the serial numberof your ipad. that sticks with it no matter what. you get a hold of the ipad somehow, go to his house and demand it, and then check the udid or serial number.
02-13-2013, 08:22 AM #8
Originally posted by gamer89117 View Post
all you need is the udid or the serial numberof your ipad. that sticks with it no matter what. you get a hold of the ipad somehow, go to his house and demand it, and then check the udid or serial number.

Already tried it when it first showed up... didn't work even with a cop. few options left but I don't care I'm getting it back regardless.
02-13-2013, 08:33 AM #9
Cesei
Banned
No offence I just dont see how a site like this can help with this problem, its pretty commen sense to know what u have to do if something like this happend. o_0
02-23-2013, 07:19 AM #10
xSoulEdge
Big Sister
You have to use the brute force then, some people never learn lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo