10-28-2015, 12:10 AM #1
Merk
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So with the ios8 jailbreak you could install a tweak called Cydia implatour to take the jailbreak off but with ios9 jailbreak it dont work, so how can i do this so i can updated my phone
10-28-2015, 12:50 AM #2
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Originally posted by Sacrificing View Post
So with the ios8 jailbreak you could install a tweak called Cydia implatour to take the jailbreak off but with ios9 jailbreak it dont work, so how can i do this so i can updated my phone

Can't you just update straight from the settings?
10-28-2015, 01:05 AM #3
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
So with the ios8 jailbreak you could install a tweak called Cydia implatour to take the jailbreak off but with ios9 jailbreak it dont work, so how can i do this so i can updated my phone

If you have it backed up, you can just restore to the backup using iTunes. You can also Restore to Defaults and iCloud should sync your latest backup. If you have a software update, you can also install that to get rid of the jailbreak.
10-28-2015, 01:18 AM #4
Merk
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Geo View Post
Can't you just update straight from the settings?

Originally posted by Kam View Post
If you have it backed up, you can just restore to the backup using iTunes. You can also Restore to Defaults and iCloud should sync your latest backup. If you have a software update, you can also install that to get rid of the jailbreak.

When i go to setting>Then software update it does the infinite load screen and checks for the update and never loads it up
10-28-2015, 01:22 AM #5
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
When i go to setting>Then software update it does the infinite load screen and checks for the update and never loads it up

Do it through iTunes then. It should give you a popup asking you to update when you plug it in. Just follow the instructions and you will get rid of your jailbreak.
10-28-2015, 02:30 AM #6
Hawk
Former Staff

The best way to do it is to plug your device in, and then go into DFU Mode. Then restore your device that way. (Backup first!!!) and voila
11-01-2015, 12:44 AM #7
x5150xiZombie
I defeated!
Originally posted by Hawk View Post
The best way to do it is to plug your device in, and then go into DFU Mode. Then restore your device that way. (Backup first!!!) and voila

even though this is safer after ios 8 or maybe even before that you could just straight up update from itunes without any extra work
11-01-2015, 02:43 AM #8
Hawk
Former Staff
Originally posted by x5150xiZombie View Post
even though this is safer after ios 8 or maybe even before that you could just straight up update from itunes without any extra work

Not really. Just updating can leave jailbreak data (tweaks, configs etc) on the phone, unable to be removed, and the space rendered useless and unusable.
11-01-2015, 03:33 AM #9
x5150xiZombie
I defeated!
Originally posted by Hawk View Post
Not really. Just updating can leave jailbreak data (tweaks, configs etc) on the phone, unable to be removed, and the space rendered useless and unusable.

honestly i like that you think of it as useless space but i use it as it keeps my old settings from passed jailbreaks so if i redownload a tweak i dont have to reconfigure it its already set up from the last time i used it
11-05-2015, 07:42 AM #10
Jimmy
Supreme

Question answered, closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo