06-24-2010, 01:44 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Here is a great tutorial on drying washed electronics.

**DISCLAIMER** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOU CELL PHONE, IPOD OR ANY OTHER THING YOU WISH TO DRY!

Anyway, here we go:

1. Make sure you DO NOT power on your iPod, or connnect to your computer. This keeps the water from getting where it doesn't need to be.

2. Take an air-lock container, and put rice inside the bag. It needs to be at least sealable. I used a plastic baggie.

3. Take your iPod, bury it inside the rice. The rice absorbs the moisture from inside your iPod, and if your lucky, it should return to normal. Winky Winky

That was for an iPod, in which you can't take apart my version. Some iPods CAN be taken apart, but is risky as it can void your warrenty. For electronics such as cell phones, here you go:

1. Again, make sure you DO NOT POWER on your phone, keeps water from where it already isn't at.

2. Take off the battery. This keeps electricity from it. And if you have passed the 3rd grade, you know should know, ELECTRICITY AND WATER DO NOT MIX WELL!!

3. If you have a phone with a SIM card, take this out as well.

Now for #4 it can vary, as there are different ways to dry it. I will name each method I know by typing 4a, 4b ect.

4a. Take any sealable container, fill it with dry rice. Then bury your phone. Leave it for a day, should be fine.

4b. Take a hair dryer, set it on cool, and dry your phone that way.

Now, if you have anyway you dry things, post it here, I'll update the thread, and give you credit of course. Smile

Hope this can help your iPod, Phone, ect.

The following 3 users say thank you to Samberg for this useful post:

Booshykins, RICHIE209, Steve
06-24-2010, 02:45 AM #2
Run Show
Run Show
I could use the bag where i keep my weed...
06-24-2010, 03:00 AM #3
NoMooreMercy
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Run
I could use the bag where i keep my weed...

You're a pretty cool guy.
06-24-2010, 03:01 AM #4
Run Show
Run Show
That means alot
06-24-2010, 07:38 AM #5
Killakk
Former Staff
Great thread mate Winky Winky
Could have +69'd you but I have ran out of rep for the day :p
Last edited by Killakk ; 06-25-2010 at 04:51 PM.
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM #6
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
I always do this. Thank you samberg for making a post on it! Smile
06-25-2010, 06:56 AM #7
Thanks Reaper Winky Winky

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo