11-27-2010, 04:37 PM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
GSC Problem Reader

This is for anyone who still bothers with MW2 and enjoys patch editing. Ever got an annoying syntax error that you couldn't find? Well this program will pinpoint the error down to the line, pretty reliable.

Things you will need:
You must login or register to view this content. - GSC Problem reader + iw4mp.dat if anyone doesnt have
You must login or register to view this content. - C++ Libraries (needed for the program to work)

You must login or register to view this content.

So as any example i will make a small syntax error in my coding as shown below:

You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.

So now we need the PID, to get this we open a CMD window and type "tasklist". We should get something like this:

As you see the PID is 2164 - this number is what we enter into the GSC Problem Reader.

It should find the error (notice the top line - where the error normally is shown) Dancing

[/CENTER]

The following 26 users say thank you to DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

<Jimbo>, ~ The Real OG ~, Blackstorm, Brian235026, cali123, Casper_HD, Chrome Playa, CRaZyY, DR-Dizzy, FourzerotwoFAILS, FrOoTLoOpZ, Hakaan, I_MAKE_PATCHES, ItsFrzky, Ju1cy, Kakashii, MaxoXmodz, Merkii, Mr. DarkKV, SALOOTME, Skylines, Solid Snake, Strike Venom, TheUnexpected, xzxero
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM #29
dogyplop
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
GSC Problem Reader

This is for anyone who still bothers with MW2 and enjoys patch editing. Ever got an annoying syntax error that you couldn't find? Well this program will pinpoint the error down to the line, pretty reliable.

Things you will need:
You must login or register to view this content. - GSC Problem reader + iw4mp.dat if anyone doesnt have
You must login or register to view this content. - C++ Libraries (needed for the program to work)

You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.

So now we need the PID, to get this we open a CMD window and type "tasklist". We should get something like this:

As you see the PID is 2164 - this number is what we enter into the GSC Problem Reader.

It should find the error (notice the top line - where the error normally is shown) Dancing

[/CENTER]

I get an error when trying to open iw4mp saying,
Originally posted by another user
This Application has failed to start because steam_api.dll was not found re-installing the application may fix this problem.

+Rep if yah help

Sick Post tho , Thanks
01-31-2011, 05:36 PM #30
Woof
...hmm
GSC Problem Reader

Things you will need:

[/CENTER]

Thanks ! Smile
will be useful if i ever get a error xD
02-02-2011, 07:57 PM #31
xNiicademus
Bounty hunter
GSC Problem Reader

I don't know why but It always dumps unreadable code for me. Nothing even remotely usable.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I seen on your screenshot you have
iw4mp.dat.exe that you are getting the ID for.

I have iw4mp.dat and iw4mp.exe - two separate files..... maybe I have a version not compatible?
02-02-2011, 08:03 PM #32
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by xNiicademus View Post
I don't know why but It always dumps unreadable code for me. Nothing even remotely usable.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I seen on your screenshot you have
iw4mp.dat.exe that you are getting the ID for.

I have iw4mp.dat and iw4mp.exe - two separate files..... maybe I have a version not compatible?

rename your iw4mp.dat to iw4mp.dat.exe then run this one :y:
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM #33
xNiicademus
Bounty hunter

Ok, I'm sure it's much simpler than I'm making it but it still isn't working. So I should take my ORIGINAL iw4mp.dat and rename it to
iw4mp.dat.exe?
Ok, then do what with the one you supplied? Rename it to iw4mp.dat? I tried that and it comes up with an error saying "iw4mp.dat not found"

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Ok I was only able to get the file you supplied to work after getting it renamed to iw4mp.dat and still I got jumbled ascii text for my output. Thanks anyway.
02-03-2011, 12:52 AM #34
J_MAN
Air Jordan ™

My Mw2 window closes whenever i try to use the patch with error.When i run the tasklist, the iw4mp is not there anymore.Any suggestions?
02-03-2011, 02:28 AM #35
Mr. Aimbot
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
Pretty cool :y:
04-19-2014, 07:25 PM #36
LegitGamer264
Vault dweller
can you put a new download link?
05-29-2015, 12:46 AM #37
Yes I know I'm bumping an old thread but I kinda need this for GSC modding on PC as there seems to be no working mods to get console working :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo